24. Mai 2024, 00:02 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Reduce Command Point cost units in Launcher  (Gelesen 1696 mal)

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
Reduce Command Point cost units in Launcher
« am: 26. Mär 2016, 21:56 »
I would like to ask for the possibility of reduce the cost of Command Points needed for recruit any unit in the game. I don't mean reduce the Command Points in game, but the Command Points that cost train an unit in half, for example made the Gondor Soldier cost 30 CP instead of 60 CP. I know that is possible. I done that time ago with the BFME1 for made able to recruit more soldiers and made more huge battles, trying to represent the Movies' battles in the campaign. But yeah, there the groups were smaller and the Max CP never reached the 1000 cp in 1vs1.

This could be a good form of made more bigger battles with more units without affect the Maximun CP of 1800 in skirmish or 3400 in Battle (I don't tested with the mode of x10 because I don't think that this size is needed in any map), And the only needed for change the cost with with a option in the launcher. Less CP cost, more troops, bigger armies, bigger battles.

Golem

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Reduce Command Point cost units in Launcher
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Mär 2016, 21:59 »
I say no, because it leads to huge huge lags and becomes basically unplayable

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Reduce Command Point cost units in Launcher
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Mär 2016, 22:18 »
As you already said:
It's basically the same as making the maximum amount of CP higher.
So you already have 3 different possibilities - additionally changing the amounf of CP for every single unit would mean more .big files, as the files have to be changed, therefore more things to download.
Additionally this would mean that we have to change this file every time after we've finished a version, because it can always happen that we change something of this file > we have to make the same file again just with lower CP.
This means a lot of work and more files for something you can already make by changing it in the options.