21. Mai 2024, 18:44 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Concerning Trolls (or lack there of) In Angmar  (Gelesen 4106 mal)

RuudDevil

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Bring your pretty face to my axe!
Concerning Trolls (or lack there of) In Angmar
« am: 31. Mär 2016, 16:12 »
Hello everyone! For those who don't know my name is RuudDevil and I've been making YT videos about edain since 3.8.1 and every so often I get drafted in to showcase the latest editions of the edain mod (which I'm very thankful for) :P

There have been several rumblings regarding the lack of Hill/Snow trolls in the new Angmar faction including the mighty Rogash and while a representative of the edain team has hinted that they could be included as part of the powers menu, I'd like to offer my suggestions for how they'd fit in.

Since Angmar is already the most varied faction, utilising thralls, wolves, and sorcerers, it seems a little overwhelming to also throw trolls into the mix, and including them as a tier 3 power would prove difficult since summon dragons, freezing rain, and spread plague all fit in well. My suggestion would be to move the Witch-King's Sanctum tier 4 power to a fortress upgrade (albeit an expensive upgrade since it's freakin' useful!) and replace that with a summon trolls of the north (similar to Arnor's summon Gondor, or Isengard's Isengard Unleashed ability). Such an ability would obviously be lead by Rogash and maybe 4 or 5 battalions of hill/snow trolls.

But anyway, let me guys know what you think about a possible implementation of the trolls we all know and love :D

p.s. If this is posted in the wrong area I'm sorry! This is my 1st or 2nd post :P
Ikinari, Kingu wa, tourene darou oi!

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Concerning Trolls (or lack there of) In Angmar
« Antwort #1 am: 31. Mär 2016, 16:20 »
Welcome on the modding union, RuudDevil!  xD
Well, all i can say about your comment is: Why did I check!?!  :D
Anyway, we tought about a possible implementation of the trolls of Angmar. And yes, maybe they will incorporated into the spellbook.
Thanks for your suggestion.

PS:
Zitat
If this is posted in the wrong area I'm sorry! This is my 1st or 2nd post :P
Everything is fine!

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #2 am: 31. Mär 2016, 19:06 »
A wild Ross appears!
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #3 am: 31. Mär 2016, 19:37 »
An unusual sight to say the least, welcome to modding union he who talks to himself during his videos :P
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #4 am: 31. Mär 2016, 20:02 »
Well... i never thought that this one will show up in here.  :D

Greetings Ruud.

Not so bad idea, but I think that spell shouldn't include battalions. Just Rogash and few (from 6 to 12) single units. Making regular troops from trolls wouldn't be lore-friendly.
Mix of cave, hill and snow trolls with Rogash leading them will be perfect in my opinion. ;)

makis89

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #5 am: 31. Mär 2016, 21:11 »
Well someone that i didn't expect  :D , anyway welcome to modding union RuudDevil .
i like your suggestion, although i would prefer to replace the dragons power from spellbook with trolls and the last power about Witchking sanctuary stay the same...
If i remembered correctly the dragons will be in Misty Mountains faction
"...for all living things were her food,
and her vomit darkness."

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #6 am: 2. Apr 2016, 09:45 »
Well well well Ruud Devil made a forum post XD I agree we need some trolls (ESPECIALLY ROGASH) back in the game, I would suggest swapping the summon orcs power for summon trolls of the north. Put the power at a higher tier (15?) and summon Rogash and 2 battalions each of snow and hill trolls

thoughts?

BARUK KHAZAD!

p.s oh yeah Ruud it's me SAMWISE JENKINS!
The horns of hell are upon us!To Battle sons of Durin!

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #7 am: 2. Apr 2016, 11:28 »
Well from what I am aware in the latest build of the 4.3 beta they changed the tier 3 power where you summon 3 dragons into summoning hill trolls and Rogash instead.

Video of it here courtesy of Elite KryPtik: https://youtu.be/KcroeiWfB8g?t=25m40s
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"