28. Apr 2024, 13:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Launcher update error  (Gelesen 2754 mal)

Saruman_the_wise

• Thain des Auenlandes
Launcher update error
« am: 2. Apr 2016, 17:10 »
Hey when ever I use the update function I get an error saying can't connect to remote server or something heres a part from the eventlog:

Log Start
2016-04-02 10:51:34 AM
Exception Message:Unable to connect to the remote server
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.Socke tException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 185.21.100.70:80
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socke t.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint. ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebReques t.GetResponse()
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadMa nager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolve r.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader Impl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Threading.Compres sedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerS ervices.RuntimeHelpers.E xecuteCodeWithGuaranteed Cleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.Compres sedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader Impl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader Impl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Loa d(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.L oad(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.L oad(String filename)
   at Edain_Mod_Launcher.MainW indow.Button_Update_Star ten_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRout e.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement .RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls. Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls. Primitives.ButtonBase.On MouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEve ntArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRout e.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement .ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEve ntArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement .RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement .RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.Inp utManager.ProcessStaging Area()
   at System.Windows.Input.Inp utProviderSite.ReportInp ut(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.H wndMouseInputProvider.Re portInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.H wndMouseInputProvider.Fi lterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.H wndSource.InputFilterMes sage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.Wnd Proc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.Di spatcherCallbackOperatio n(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading .ExceptionWrapper.Intern alRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.Ex ceptionFilterHelper.TryC atchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Dateiliste:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\00000000.256
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\AmbientStreams.big
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-kin

any idea why this happens?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: Launcher update error
« Antwort #1 am: 2. Apr 2016, 17:12 »
Either you simply couldnt connect to the server because it was overloaded or something is blocking the launcher from getting an internet connection. Do you have the latest version of the launcher installed? You can download it at moddb.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 2. Apr 2016, 17:31 »
Saruman, I removed the poll of this thread.
It's totally useless establishing polls about bug-related issues.

All the requests here are answered and taken care of without the usage of that tool.
The only thing to do is just waiting for support. Simply that.
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Apr 2016, 17:40 von DieWalküre »

Saruman_the_wise

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #3 am: 2. Apr 2016, 17:43 »
i did not want to add a poll however every time I attempted to post it told me I had to fill out the poll section so I set it all to zero. and thank you turin i'll try updating the launcher

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 2. Apr 2016, 17:51 »
i did not want to add a poll however every time I attempted to post it told me I had to fill out the poll section so I set it all to zero. and thank you turin i'll try updating the launcher

Are you sure that you have clicked on the right option 'NEW TOPIC' at the top?
If you click on 'NEW POLL', you will create a new thread, but you will also be obliged to establish a poll.
If you just choose to start a new topic, you shouldn't have any problem.

Saruman_the_wise

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #5 am: 2. Apr 2016, 18:49 »
Zitat
Are you sure that you have clicked on the right option 'NEW TOPIC' at the top?
If you click on 'NEW POLL', you will create a new thread, but you will also be obliged to establish a poll.
If you just choose to start a new topic, you shouldn't have any problem.

Oh there ya go, stupid me.
btw problem solved thanks to Turin's suggestion.