4. Mai 2024, 23:32 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Misty Mountains Speculations and Questions  (Gelesen 81475 mal)

samael

• Hobbit
Re: Misty Mountains Speculations and Questions
« Antwort #90 am: 18. Okt 2016, 17:59 »
i have 2 question when is the mm faction operationel ?
and maybe you heard this a lot but i am new here is there a change you be doing a campaine ore is that to much work ?
like in the first bfme there was a capaigne good/bad side
but like i said maybe that is to much work but could this be happening in the futere ?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #91 am: 18. Okt 2016, 19:01 »
I would keep dragon strike, it's much more intersting and unique than army summon.

Not so much unique, I would say. The faction can already dispose of a flying Winged Dragon capable of going around and wreaking havoc. And we're not talking about a generic (and quite lore problematical) Dragon, but about Smaug himself. Add to him the very smart 'breeding' system concerning minor dragons: the dragon-theme is well enough covered.

Summoning an army might be risky equally and the option presents its fair part of disadvantages and negative arguments. Nevertheless, as we have time for it, I guess it would be useful if we tried to conceive a totally new 4-tier spell for the Misty Mountains (all suggestions are welcome). In that case, I would really like to know the opinion of the German Community too (whether they are satisfied with the current state or prefer other alternatives). More overt discussion will benefit the forum anyway  :)

i have 2 question when is the mm faction operationel ?
and maybe you heard this a lot but i am new here is there a change you be doing a campaine ore is that to much work ?
like in the first bfme there was a capaigne good/bad side
but like i said maybe that is to much work but could this be happening in the futere ?

1. The Misty Mountains has not been released yet and, as for all the other factions, there won't be precise indications of time. When it is announced, it won't be before the development process is finalised and the very faction tested.

2. The campaign is still something clouded in mystery...  ;)

There is still a faction planned which is expected to come out. When more news regarding the campaign are out, you will definitely notice them. There is not much to discuss about for now.

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #92 am: 18. Okt 2016, 20:05 »
Hey there, I come up with idea about scout hero in MM faction. As we know so far the scout  hero probably will be Yazeg from first hobbit. He is anyway the most non-lore accurate from all MM heroes and I thought about sth more "bookly". So why not to implement this big grey wargs' leader from book when thorin's company were surronded by wargs after escapeing from goblins. Yazeg's mobility would be saved, and another ( smaug, tree trolls ) hero would represent wild part of MM faction. He could even spawn small band of wargs which can help him to play more agressively ( which is MM's the main goal ) and in late game would get bonus for them and warg riders. Only one drawback is that he probably would be to similar to drauglin
:(

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #93 am: 18. Okt 2016, 20:24 »
Not so much unique, I would say. The faction can already dispose of a flying Winged Dragon capable of going around and wreaking havoc. And we're not talking about a generic (and quite lore problematical) Dragon, but about Smaug himself.

Well it actually is unique in the kind of damage this power does. Eventhough Smaug can shoot fireballs and even a fire storm in the form of a winged dragon, he is not able to fly over a certain area and set it ablaze like the Dragon Strike power does. There is no other power in the mod that can do this, so I do regard it as unique.

Now if Smaug were able to copy this power for himself, then I'd agree with you to replace the spell. I'd even suggest that Smaug could do this, because the strongest Dragon of the Third Age should cause more havoc than a regular dragon like the one from Dragon Strike :P. It would be awesome to have it as a level 10 power.

Hey there, I come up with idea about scout hero in MM faction. As we know so far the scout  hero probably will be Yazeg from first hobbit. He is anyway the most non-lore accurate from all MM heroes and I thought about sth more "bookly". So why not to implement this big grey wargs' leader from book when thorin's company were surronded by wargs after escapeing from goblins. Yazeg's mobility would be saved, and another ( smaug, tree trolls ) hero would represent wild part of MM faction. He could even spawn small band of wargs which can help him to play more agressively ( which is MM's the main goal ) and in late game would get bonus for them and warg riders. Only one drawback is that he probably would be to similar to drauglin
:(

He isn't called Yazneg, he is just called "the Scout". He only has Yazneg's appearance, like "the Defiler" has Azog's design, but is not actually Azog.

kmogon

« Antwort #94 am: 18. Okt 2016, 20:36 »
"He isn't called Yazneg, he is just called "the Scout". He only has Yazneg's appearance, like "the Defiler" has Azog's design, but is not actually Azog."

I know, I just thought in that way why there should be just "scout" who is nobady special, when can be warg leader who has apperances in book ? Additionaly Yazeg as himself wasn't worth to implement, in my opinion. Better option I think would be to use bolg model as he would be more recognise .

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #95 am: 18. Okt 2016, 20:41 »
Edain Team said they didn't like the Movies' final Bolg design, that's why they used the original concept that ended being the Jailor on Dol Guldur. I think Yazneg has a bigger part on the first film than that wolf on the book, and in the Edain Mod, like Fredius said, he isn't Yazneg, he just has his design.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #96 am: 18. Okt 2016, 20:59 »
Well it actually is unique in the kind of damage this power does. Eventhough Smaug can shoot fireballs and even a fire storm in the form of a winged dragon, he is not able to fly over a certain area and set it ablaze like the Dragon Strike power does. There is no other power in the mod that can do this, so I do regard it as unique.

One could reply by saying that Smaug himself is already supposed to be the fire-breathing deadly machine. A regular or quasi-regular hero who can dispose of destructive powers while being a stable presence, and an even more destructive 4-tier spell yet momentary. Which one of the two is more effective than the other, strategy-wise, in the end?  :P

Damage is obviously something I didn't consider as a uniqueness aspect. I'm more concerned about the fact that Smaug ought to be the apex of that dragon-motive (and not to contest this title with an ultimate spell) and the fact that Dragon Strike is another vanilla spell. Not that I have something against vanilla spells (the summoning of the Balrog is simply perfect), but having two vanilla spells as ultimate ones wouldn't do justice to the Edain Mod, in my personal opinion. The path of creating a new concept is indeed difficult, though I'm sure the Community has by now developed the proper determination to withstand challenging debates  8-)

Now if Smaug were able to copy this power for himself, then I'd agree with you to replace the spell. I'd even suggest that Smaug could do this, because the strongest Dragon of the Third Age should cause more havoc than a regular dragon like the one from Dragon Strike :P. It would be awesome to have it as a level 10 power.

I agree with you. Smaug will be a central, if not the most significant, character of the Misty Mountains. He should really be made the biggest and deadliest possible, regardless of the relative limits needed for balance-related reasons. I strongly support this extreme boldness, even if it goes against my interests: ensuring that evil and foul monsters are not too much in the spotlight  :D

kmogon

« Antwort #97 am: 18. Okt 2016, 21:10 »
I can only add that dragon strike ( If I remember good ) is not as practical. Dragon had to fly from one corner of map to point where spell was placed and it took to much time - battle situation just changed before he arrived.

Edain Team said they didn't like the Movies' final Bolg design, that's why they used the original concept that ended being the Jailor on Dol Guldur. I think Yazneg has a bigger part on the first film than that wolf on the book, and in the Edain Mod, like Fredius said, he isn't Yazneg, he just has his design.

I understand it but for me it's just creating a hero from random orc number 26048595.  This same is with defiler who is nobody special but we all know that he looks like azog and has skill which acorrding to his movie adaptation so he just has to be.
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Okt 2016, 21:40 von DieWalküre »

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #98 am: 18. Okt 2016, 21:38 »
He isn't a random orc in my opinion, making a Hero of a random orc would be making one of the Morgul Orc banner carriers (who are based on some Orcs from the LOTR films) a  full-fledged Hero. Yazneg had some importance in the films, as he was the leader of the Hunters that were sent by The Defiler to kill Thorin and his Company. Making the Warg a Hero would be unique, but also too similar to Drauglin, like you said, while the concept that has been presented for Yazneg (when the Scouts were presented) is quite unique and has abilities that fit his concept. For that Warg, a lot of abilities would need to be designed without almost anything to base it from, and he would most likely become a generic Warg (It's been a long time since I last read The Hobbit, but I don't remember him having a lot of importance).

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #99 am: 21. Okt 2016, 06:10 »
Just a curiosity of mine. I suppose the Misty Mountains' in-game soundtrack will be based on the Moria sequence tracks of LOTR and the relative Gundabad/Goblin-town themes of the Hobbit trilogy, right?

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #100 am: 21. Okt 2016, 13:59 »
Yes :).

TheDarkOne

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Ancient evil. Endangered species.
« Antwort #101 am: 22. Okt 2016, 19:43 »
I hope Edain Team will make Smaug almost all powerfull, such an enormity on the battlefield that the enemy player will literally look at him in utter horror. And it would be worthy of spending a vast amount of resources.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #102 am: 22. Okt 2016, 22:50 »
I hope Edain Team will make Smaug almost all powerfull, such an enormity on the battlefield that the enemy player will literally look at him in utter horror. And it would be worthy of spending a vast amount of resources.
Well, since Smaug will be a permanent hero and probably cost 3000 (like other faction leaders) I don't think so. Then Galadriel, Gandalf, Saruman, Sauron etc. should be 'all powerful' too. But I hope he will be strong enough.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #103 am: 23. Okt 2016, 00:02 »

That's exactly my wish. Not all-powerful, but the most terrible threat possible. Should he be made the enormous calamity he is supposed to be, I wouldn't personally mind having some restrictions placed on him to balance his presence (such as having him available after a certain amount of time). Smaug is so precious and so are the elements related to him; the points discussed in the previous passages of this discussion. His immense potential is what will give the new Misty Mountains its own precious value.

Smaug is undoubtedly the major Dragon, and he shouldn't contend his title with anyone else.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
« Antwort #104 am: 23. Okt 2016, 00:43 »
Agree with this. Smaug should be the greatest and chiefest calamity he is in Tolkien's Universe. As the most powerful Hero of the Misty Mountains, and being the last of the Great Dragons, this needs to be reflected in his in-game concept. I'd like restrictions placed on his recruitment if he is made to be that strong, because that would reflect both his strength and the fact that, in a sense, he is not part of the Misty Mountains' army, and that he needs to be lured to Sauron's side. He would be the powerful destruction tool that would complement the endless swarms of Bolg's army, to help them bring shadow to Middle-Earth.