27. Apr 2024, 13:17 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Concerning Dragons in the Misty Mountains Faction  (Gelesen 1674 mal)

Altarius

• Hobbit
As the title says, I want to start a discussion about the Dragons that will be included in the Misty Mountains Faction. I have some suggestions, and a question before those.
Will you have to grow the Dragons to adulthood like before, and will the unit cap be three?
Now to the suggestions.

In Combat-

In 3.8.1, the Dragons had to be grown to adulthood, and you could only have three. However, even at full-size they were pretty easy to kill both in the sky and on the ground. I think they should be more useful this time around. Perhaps their armor could be increased, since they are Dragons after all. Their damage was really good against everything except Heroes from what I can remember. Even a Scout-Class Hero could kill a Dragon. Dragons were especially good at breaking buildings if I recall correctly, and that's good I think, given the recurring theme of flying units being terrible against buildings. Of course, they will still have the ability to fight on the ground or in the air right?

In-Game Models-

As far as the model goes, I really hope the Edain Team could update them.
The model they had in 3.8.1 was a bit ugly, and in the air their wings looked short and awkward. The model for Drogoth looked really good in both appearance and flying animations. Perhaps they could use the Drogoth skeleton for their model instead of the other? The old model for Smaug looked pretty good. If it was polished up a bit for the new version it would be that much better.

Their powers?-

In 3.8.1 they had two powers. Fly/Land, and a Fireball that sadly couldn't be auto-used.
If this remains the same, please make the Fireball able to be auto-used.
If new powers are introduced, I think some passive abilities would be perfect additions.
Perhaps when full-grown they could have a fear passive and a resource passive.
(Each kill grants some resources.)

The Hero-Dragon, Smaug, would of course have a full-set of abilities and much greater stats since he is considered the Last of the Great Fire-Drakes, and is classified as a Hero, but a similar overhaul might do him some good too. I don't remember him as well since he didn't constantly die all the time so he must have been at least decent.  xD

Lastly, I give the suggestion that you do not get rid of Drogoth entirely, but rather make him a Hero you get directly from the Dragon Lair instead of the fortress. I liked him...