5. Mai 2024, 19:24 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: How do Lothlorien's units compare to each other?  (Gelesen 1965 mal)

ThePrussianMink

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Isildur's fabulous hair
How do Lothlorien's units compare to each other?
« am: 25. Apr 2016, 18:32 »
I'm wondering about which units I actually should be using as Lothlorien when I'm given the choice, and I can't seem to find a lot of information about it. Apart from their special abilities, are there any differences in how much range the various archers have, have much damage they deal, and how much health and armor they've got?

So, apart from their special abilities, are Mirkwood Archers and Lorien Archers identical?
Are Lorien and Mirkwood Swordsmen identical?

What about the Galadhrim? Are they just superior to their cheaper counterparts, or are there any caveats?

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Re: How do Lothlorien's units compare to each other?
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Apr 2016, 19:10 »
The general rule is this as far as I know:

Lothlorien:  Higher Damage and Speed (and attack range for the Archers)

Mirkwood:  Higher Armor, with the second bonus being dependent on what unit it is.

The ones who don't have a direct counterpart are the Elk Riders and Galadhirm.  Elk Riders being Very Powerful Mounted Cavalry with low armor, and Galadhrim being both Elite Swordsmen and Archers, but with a High Cost and Lower Range then other archers.

ThePrussianMink

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Apr 2016, 22:42 »
Thanks for the reply! That makes sense. I'm starting to like Lothlorien more and more. Not so sure about how I'll be using the Galadhrim though, they hardly seem to be worth it for their cost in money and command points, except in some cases when you've got a real strong economy I guess.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Apr 2016, 23:12 »
Galadhrim are phenomenal for their cost because they do not cost any time consuming research to purchase AND they get an awesome +50% damage modifier against units that use the same weapons as the Galadhrim. So when they have bows equipped +50% damage against archers, even elite and heroic archers, and +50% against swordsmen, elite and heroic, when equipped with swords.

“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Joragon

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Apr 2016, 07:42 »
And in late MG you really need strong swordsman who don't die fast that your archers have enough time to fire their arrows and in general strong swordsman are needed in LG.
So you can build Mirkwood Swordsman or Galadhrim (the Lorien soldiers just have to little hp) and the Galadhrim are stronger because of their high damage and you don't have to build a mirkwood camp but only need enough build plots in your base.
Lg
Joragon

ThePrussianMink

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Apr 2016, 11:50 »
they get an awesome +50% damage modifier against units that use the same weapons as the Galadhrim. So when they have bows equipped +50% damage against archers, even elite and heroic archers, and +50% against swordsmen, elite and heroic, when equipped with swords.
Huh, I did not know that. That's pretty amazing. Thanks for the input guys, it's been real helpful!