13. Mai 2024, 18:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Human/elves/dwarven creeps  (Gelesen 2774 mal)

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
Human/elves/dwarven creeps
« am: 13. Mai 2016, 17:48 »
I think that everybody knows about that in every map in the game has creeps, but they're only goblins, trolls, wolf/wargs, and thanks to the edain team, orcs.

But how like if we ad some other creep for give some variety, and I have ideas for every creep pack.

Humans=Bandit tent: There could be camps of humans that attack everybody they spot. Come on, either if the men had to fight against Morder, surely there are men that only fights for themselves, like thieves, raiders or assassins. The units could be the soldiers, the archers and the pikemen.

Elves=Old Tree: As we saw in some of the LoTR/Hobbit movies, the elves don't trust to who enters into their territories, either attacking them. This can be rogue elves that attacks whoever attacks their post, either if they're other elves. They only use basic archers.

Dwarven=Abandoned Mine: The dwarven, as we know, turn completely crazy when somebody tries to steal what is theirs (Gold, Jewels, Ore, whatever), and I think that some of them will mine around believing that there is gold or jewels where they're mining. Maybe this creeps attacks for protect what they found, without care if they're good or evil, dwarven included. They can be any of the basic melee units.

You could like to see this type of units mess around the map giving you and your rivals/allies problems during the game?

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Human/elves/dwarven creeps
« Antwort #1 am: 14. Mai 2016, 10:49 »
We've discussed this already and agreed that this wouldn't fit into lord of the rings - especially if you're lothlorien and then you have to fight against Loriencreeps. Goblins fighting Goblins is rather normal, but not elves fighting elves. (We know that you can play Lorien vs Lorien, but people shouldn't be forced to have such battles in skirmish, if they don't want to)

d0m0a

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 14. Mai 2016, 11:29 »
Well, but maybe this could be only possible where Elves can appear, as in Lorien. But if is impossible, we can just forget about the Elves creeps, and leave only the human bandits and the crazy dwarven.
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Mai 2016, 13:08 von DieWalküre »

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #3 am: 14. Mai 2016, 13:37 »
This is the kind of work that has minimal priority. Especially now. Besides, it would suck additional performance for what? Like, 5 minutes?

Creeps need to be farmed as soon as possible, because they are essential for map control. If you have time to look at the visual variety of creeps, you also have time to lose to your opponent and thus you are obviously doing something wrong :P.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #4 am: 15. Mai 2016, 20:54 »
I actually disagree, one of the main reasons I download the edain MOD is because of the new visuals, I love them! however I do agree with the elves not fighting elves, but there were evil dwarves in tolkeins lore, plus a bandit tent might provide some variety, but in the end it's up to the team
The horns of hell are upon us!To Battle sons of Durin!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #5 am: 15. Mai 2016, 21:52 »
It's fine to disagree, but the team has already given its answer. It has minimal priority, if such a thing would even ever be implemented.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 15. Mai 2016, 23:09 »
It's fine to disagree, but the team has already given its answer. It has minimal priority, if such a thing would even ever be implemented.

+1

I don't personally think there is any premise left for this discussion to remain open. Fair arguments have been brought and Gnomi gave a very satisfying response. This thread is closed.

--- LOCKED ---