1. Mai 2024, 05:19 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Launcher Message: Oops, something went wrong...  (Gelesen 2922 mal)

Phlfil

• Hobbit
Hi Edain Team. A friend of mine has problems with updating the Launcher. The update button cannot be pressed because his computer doesn't seem to find any server (it is a white gap in the server box). He has Windows XP and 32bit. He has already unistalled and reinstalled BFME 2, The Rise of the Witch King and Edain Mod many times and the problem was not solved. Furthermore, he doesn't have any Anti-Virus program and he has downloaded the last version of the launcher. Any help would be much appreciated!
I would upload some photos, but I don't know how to do so.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: Launcher Message: Oops, something went wrong...
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Jun 2016, 16:55 »
You can upload images on www.imgur.com and then post them here.
I would recommend using a more modern OS like windows 7 at least first. He should make sure the latest version of net framework for his os, should be 4.5, is installed.

Phlfil

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 4. Jun 2016, 18:59 »
Thanks about the images. My friend is not able to download the 4.5 net framework because Windows XP are not compatible with this version, so I guess this is the problem and it can't be solved. I thank you anyway friend!  :)

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #3 am: 4. Jun 2016, 19:41 »
Whooops, sorry, it's actually 4.0 you need. That one is also available for Windows XP.

Phlfil

• Hobbit
« Antwort #4 am: 5. Jun 2016, 11:02 »
My friend has installed the 4.0 version of net framework but the problem wasn't solved. Here are some images in case they help you.

This is the message he gets when he disables and enables the mod again and hits the update button:

Finally this is how the news appears, if it plays any role:

And how do I post the log?
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Jun 2016, 11:19 von Phlfil »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #5 am: 5. Jun 2016, 17:48 »
Ah, this issue is actually fixed in the next version of the launcher. I can send you a beta later when I am home. Please remind me via personal message.