14. Mai 2024, 23:39 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

What Spellbook powers do you think should be removed?

Removing Mordor's Arrow Volley
6 (35.3%)
Changing the effects of Rohan's Cloud Break
2 (11.8%)
Give every faction a Terrain altering Spellbook power
4 (23.5%)
Spellbooks aren't worth changing, the factions are balanced as it is.
5 (29.4%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 15

Autor Thema: New Spellbook Powers  (Gelesen 14198 mal)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: New Spellbook Powers
« Antwort #30 am: 9. Okt 2016, 02:32 »
Alright, but what? If you want to convince someone you have to come with an alternative. I am personally open to the Arrow Volley being replaced by something more ''central'' to Mordor's theme if you propose a well-argumented alternative, but I haven't seen that yet. What do you have in mind?

A spell does not always have to thematically fit a faction, especially if it becomes an important part of said faction or the fills in some important gaps in balance. The Arrow Volley is really useful against factions that can spam almost as hard as Mordor can like Rohan and it also does sustained damage, instead of burst damage like the other arrow volleys, forcing your opponent to reposition if they don't want to take more damage over time. It is certainly not useless or bugged and works especially well before the heavy armour starts rolling. Believe it or not, but Mordor's early game is only good because of the current state of Trolls, but without them, Mordor gets shut down pretty hard really, so you could really use an arrow volley that softens up enemy blobs. For instance, peasants with Theoden's leadership will shred through basic orcs early game, and I usually like to get the Endless hordes + Arrow Volley to push the initiative early and get out trolls to roam the map and gain control of it.

“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Shadowlord

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • “Farewell sweet earth and northern sky”
« Antwort #31 am: 13. Okt 2016, 04:38 »
Alright, but what? If you want to convince someone you have to come with an alternative. I am personally open to the Arrow Volley being replaced by something more ''central'' to Mordor's theme if you propose a well-argumented alternative, but I haven't seen that yet. What do you have in mind?

In terms of what alternatives powers. I can think of several.

1. Being the Mordor version of Draft, accept its an AOE spellbook armor that automatically armors up trolls, that or a passive power that automatically makes trolls stronger to make a troll centric strategy more viable. Considering how trolls in the current meta aren't really used beyond being a simple alternative to battering rams.

2. A power to summon Wraiths to the battlefield, considering how Wraiths are a huge part of Mordor's theme, I think it would be better if there was a summon power that brougth Wraiths to the battlefield temporally, as a way to serve as crowd control.

3.A Mordor power similar to Angmar's Dark Obelisk, the banner of Sauron, or maybe it summons a Statue of Sauron to the battlefield temporally. more specifically a power that would summon a banner to the battlefield that buffs nearby orcs and trolls. It would help make the standard orc troops stronger in the mid game.

Those are just a few ideas for suggestions that I fit suit Mordor more than Arrow Volley

Morwereth

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #32 am: 13. Okt 2016, 07:28 »

In terms of what alternatives powers. I can think of several.

1. Being the Mordor version of Draft, accept its an AOE spellbook armor that automatically armors up trolls, that or a passive power that automatically makes trolls stronger to make a troll centric strategy more viable. Considering how trolls in the current meta aren't really used beyond being a simple alternative to battering rams.

2. A power to summon Wraiths to the battlefield, considering how Wraiths are a huge part of Mordor's theme, I think it would be better if there was a summon power that brougth Wraiths to the battlefield temporally, as a way to serve as crowd control.

3.A Mordor power similar to Angmar's Dark Obelisk, the banner of Sauron, or maybe it summons a Statue of Sauron to the battlefield temporally. more specifically a power that would summon a banner to the battlefield that buffs nearby orcs and trolls. It would help make the standard orc troops stronger in the mid game.

Those are just a few ideas for suggestions that I fit suit Mordor more than Arrow Volley

1) Currently it's so wrong that claiming trolls are only used as battering rams. With the last buff, using trolls is quite mandatory for Mordor players to win. So drafting trolls would be OP for 3 points spell power.

2) It would be unique if Necromancer did not have the similar ability. Besides, he cuts enemy's armor also. It can be switched to spell power but the ability fits with Sauron better imo.

3) Mordor's eye of Sauron, tainted land and Gothmog's leadership already buff orcs around but trolls? I'm not sure. There are several buffs that can be used so adding new one doesn't make so much sense.

I'm the one for keeping arrow volley, it hurts basic units and forces your opponent moving.
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Okt 2016, 09:50 von Morwereth »

Shadowlord

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #33 am: 15. Okt 2016, 23:44 »

1) Currently it's so wrong that claiming trolls are only used as battering rams. With the last buff, using trolls is quite mandatory for Mordor players to win. So drafting trolls would be OP for 3 points spell power.

2) It would be unique if Necromancer did not have the similar ability. Besides, he cuts enemy's armor also. It can be switched to spell power but the ability fits with Sauron better imo.

3) Mordor's eye of Sauron, tainted land and Gothmog's leadership already buff orcs around but trolls? I'm not sure. There are several buffs that can be used so adding new one doesn't make so much sense.

I'm the one for keeping arrow volley, it hurts basic units and forces your opponent moving.

In response to your replies.

1) What do you mean Trolls are mandatory for Mordor players to win, I have won plently of games myself using a combination of several different orcs, battering rams, and catapaults. I can understand how trolls could be useful against Rohan and Lorien in terms of their ability to crowd control but most of the time for me, it was a better investment building another income plot or orc barracks instead of wasting it for a troll cage. As for drafting spells being too op, you still would have to pay gold to give Trolls a weapon, if it's too overpowered you can even have it only work on one troll at a time but give it a short cooldown. In general there are a lot of ways the Edain team can balance out the power.

2) In terms of Sauron having a similar ability I can agree with that too an extent, but I do think Wraiths are not utilized enough in the faction considering you have to put in the effort to level up Sauron just to access Wraiths in the first place. And yes there is the Morgul Blade ability that the Nazgul have but under those circumstances you only have one or two Wraiths at a time.

Still if it's not implemented into the game I wouldn't be too bummed about it but I think it's a cool concept.

If you wanted the power to be more unique compared to Sauron's it could be changed to where the power summons a Barrow thats guarded by a couple of wraiths and then disappears soon afterwards, as a more Mordor themed alternative to the old Guard Tower power.

3)  Fair enough

In terms of the usefulness of Arrow Volley, I am not saying it's an underpowered Spellbook Power, I am just saying it doesn't fit the theme of Mordor as well as the other powers in its Spellbook.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #34 am: 16. Okt 2016, 00:13 »
Just a note from the Moderator: I edited the poll and removed the 'Other' option, as it doesn't have sense inserting undefined options and giving people the possibility to vote for them (vote for what kind of concept?). If someone is willing to add another proposal and submit it to the Community's vote, just present it here and I or the creator of the topic will adjust the poll accordingly; in doing so, the proposal will also be subject to the general debate.

Shadowlord

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #35 am: 16. Okt 2016, 00:47 »
Just a note from the Moderator: I edited the poll and removed the 'Other' option, as it doesn't have sense inserting undefined options and giving people the possibility to vote for them (vote for what kind of concept?). If someone is willing to add another proposal and submit it to the Community's vote, just present it here and I or the creator of the topic will adjust the poll accordingly; in doing so, the proposal will also be subject to the general debate.

Thank you for fixing my mistake DieWalküre. Like she said if there is enough demand for a new Spellbook power we will adjust the poll accordingly.

Granted so far it seems that everyone is fine with how the Spellbook powers currently, especially considering Lorien's Eagle power is going to be changed in the next update. Which I am excited for.
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Okt 2016, 00:51 von Shadowlord »