7. Mai 2024, 19:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Churches  (Gelesen 2860 mal)

Kubijas

• Bilbos Festgast
Churches
« am: 28. Aug 2016, 16:08 »
Hi everyone !

today i was playing Age of empires ( no one cares ) and i had an idea
how about if you add Churches that makes units immune to fear and summons priest who does healing units and heroes and has ability which gives units some buff : attack , speed , armor ( little bit )
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Aug 2016, 15:42 von Kubijas »

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
Re: Churches
« Antwort #1 am: 28. Aug 2016, 16:19 »
Well... all of what you suggested does not really fit into middle-earth and its lore...
So I think it's highly unlikely that this will be implemented.
RPG:

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Aug 2016, 16:22 »
Is this really a serious proposal? I doubt it is. You didn't specify pretty much anything concerning this idea of yours. For example, which factions do you think could have temples/churches in the first place? What about the 'religious' affiliation of such structures?

Taking for granted that you are referring to Tolkien's lore, I can't see the point of adding religious buildings to the game. Every iconic tie with every faction's lore and tradition is already well displayed by spellbook powers, heroic features and conceptual upgrades. That addition would be completely unnecessary.

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 28. Aug 2016, 16:24 »
Jesus ? God ? Have you ever heard of them in any of the LoTR books ? :D

But the idea of a building making units immune to fear seems interresting to me. What about an upgrade for the different wells or statues of every faction (If some don't already provide this)?

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #4 am: 23. Okt 2016, 17:12 »
Well... all of what you suggested does not really fit into middle-earth and its lore...
So I think it's highly unlikely that this will be implemented.

Couldn't said this better (sorry, just saw the post :D)
Other than inappropriate, I think it's also kinda lame: since there's no more free building, it would force players to fight close to their castle, which is quite impossible (unless one of them is invading the other one)

Not to mention: priests...? Why should Gondor - for example - have priests? As far as I know, they don't even remember that their ancestors were created by Eru - not counting that there are no temples at all shown in the movies and in the books as well. Also, as for Mordor, I don't think Orcs are the typical creatures which are used to worship someone, especially considering their master is Sauron, which is a much more present figure (and sometimes threat) to them. The only good examples would come from the Elves, but again, other than songs and statues, they don't mention any type of god (and furthermore, their respect to the Valar is already well implemented through the spellbook and other abilities)

So, in the end, I think this proposal has no good points at all

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 23. Okt 2016, 17:51 »
So, in the end, I think this proposal has no good points at all.

I have the same opinion. All the replies gathered so far have expressed a clear judgement about the propriety of the proposal: it doesn't have the right premises to be developed further. I will thus close the topic as I can't see the point of continuing to debate these matters.

--- LOCKED ---