[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Edain Wiki

Unit and Hero Categories

(1/9) > >>

Garlodur:
Hello The_Necromancer0,

You are doing a great job with this Wiki page! I believe it is very useful for new players but also more experienced who want to quickly check a certain unit's abilities instead of heading into the game.

I have a question that concerns the organisation of units in certain unit categories: have you organised units in the categories you seem fit, have other users done so, or are these the official categories used by the Edain Team?
To me it seems that especially the 'Elite' and 'Heroic' pages are quite all over the place, categorising units in a very inconsistent way. I feel quite cross about the 'Monster' category as well but this might be due to the vagueness surrounding Monsters: are only  single units from Evil factions monsters, should also single units from Good factions be categorised this way, or should single units from Good Factions be organised in Elite or Heroic categories?

I would like to help out with this if you agree to, because I simply enjoy organising things. Things I would like to address in addition would be the categories heroes are assigned to as well, but due to their flexibility and distinct use in different tactical situations this might be more linked to personal playing style. I would not mind in this case to write Strategy guides for some heroes; altough I will never admit to be the best player at the game, there are certain strategic options that will improve everyone's game.

Julio229:
Elite category is where units that are better than regular ones (Such as Tower Guards), but haven't got the qualities that a Heroic unit has, belong.

Heroic units are the ones that have a limit, are the strongest and have requirements such as Forged Blades to be recruitable.

Monsters are just that, creatures. Ents would also qualify as Monsters, I think, but Dragonslayers would not qualify as that because they are just Dwarves, and not creatures.

I hope I helped!

The_Necromancer0:
Hello and thanks for your feedback  :)

You are right indeed, the categories are quite inconsistent for certain unit types. Cavalry, Swordsmen, Pikemen and Archers are better organized because they are more simple, heroic and elite on the other side are up to the contributors judgement which means they vary from page to page and from contributors to contributor. The Category system was created way back at the beginning back in a time when we still thought we could fit every unit, hero and building on their faction page, so it's become a bit obsolete.

The Monster, Elite and Heroic are the most inconsistent because they aren't specifically stated anywhere in the game , or at least we haven't paid enough attention. Any help with that is welcome, since categories are key to allowing users to find other pages similar to the one they are on. Those are my thoughts in addition to Julio's, which are also valid.

The heroes of all are the most inconsistent because they are purely judgement, there is no categorization in the game that says such hero is a tank  or such hero is a hero killer, they are only assumption made by the contributors of the abilities and stats of the heroes. So the hero categories can definitely be changed, although a lot was based on a post by the Edain Team if I remember correctly. We did change a couple that felt wrong.

If you wish to help with the categories I would be very thankful for any improvements made to the system would greatly improve the quality of the wiki. So go right one ahead, I look forward to your ideas.

Trondheim9:
Regarding the "Monster" category, perhaps we could rename this.  As Julio said, the units in this category are creatures, not human/elf/dwarf/etc.  So why not just call it the "Creature" category?  It's more neutral, and the poor ents will no longer have to be indignant about being called monsters.

OakenShield224:

--- Zitat von: Trondheim9 am 10. Nov 2016, 18:28 ---Regarding the "Monster" category, perhaps we could rename this.  As Julio said, the units in this category are creatures, not human/elf/dwarf/etc.  So why not just call it the "Creature" category?  It's more neutral, and the poor ents will no longer have to be indignant about being called monsters.

--- Ende Zitat ---
I like this idea. Would Gwaihir, the ent heroes and the Troll heroes be a part of this group?

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln