19. Mär 2024, 07:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: MAGA: Arwen 5pp spell clarity and GAMEBREAKING troll bug  (Gelesen 1225 mal)

abstraktername

• Bilbos Festgast
Hi,

First of all to get you in the mood, this post is about this: https://ibb.co/NjgZLrp.

I recently made some tests on the spell "Influence of the Evening Star (5pp)" from Imladris and its effects, since I always found it quite unclear what it does and if it even works. On one hand, the Edain wiki in English (https://edain.fandom.com/wiki/Imladris#Influence_of_the_Evening_Star) says that the spell gives +50% armor to heroes, double the hp reg and 30% cooldown reduction (CD). On the other hand, in the Edain Searcher it says in English that it only gives more hp reg and 30% CD, while the German tooltip says it gives 25%. So I was quite confused.

The tests were conducted on the custom map "Edain test map" with 5 plots, as Imladris on the top left plot, skirmish game mode with custom heroes. I did tests on various things:
  • A: How much CD does the spell give?
  • B: Does it still give armor?
  • C: How much life reg does it give?

For the tests, I leveled the heroes to level 10 and sent them to be hit be a lvl 5 lair troll next to the base. I alternated between putting them inside or outside the range of the Arwen buff. More details and the results can be seen in this Google Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bpsta-5OaY5GdttBvmKglEJbNfq3tzRvQBBAvKnElT0/edit?usp=sharing).

The main takeaways of the tests are:
  • A: The buff manages to give a 25% CD to heroes, it also works for custom heroes.
  • B: Arwen gets a big armor buff, which already can be seen in the Edain Searcher but the buff does not extend to nearby heroes, as they all die from the same amount of troll hits with or without buffs. This should be pointed out when purchasing the spell, as it does not say anything about Arwen getting more armor.
  • C: The "continuous regeneration" she provides according to the spell description in German in the game can be easily misunderstood as a continuous hp regeneration, which it is not. I thought for months that that the Arwen buff would be good for extended fights, while in reality she only applies the heal when out of combat, which completely changes the playstyle. With an out of combat heal boost you want short but intense fights with heroes and then run away to heal up quickly. The wording of the regeneration should therefore be clarified as well. Also, the heal buff appears to be more than double the normal healing rate.
  • Extra thought: Is it justified that Arwen with the 5pp spell can tank more troll hits than all the other heroes as a support? xD Apparently she dies from 15 hits, while Elrond dies from 13 and Glorfindel from 12 lol.

Suggestions
  • 1: Make it clearer what the spell does and what not.
  • 2: Make Arwen less tanky, and maybe give some of that tankiness to surrounding heroes. I don't think it fits Arwen that she gets this big armor boost while running around without armor and only in a dress. Why was the +50% armor to nearby heroes removed btw? I guess it was a bit overtuned, but it could be lowered to 25% maybe.

Extra bug finding:
I found a significant bug with the creep troll. As seen in the sheet, in the second test game I ran the lvl 5 troll dealt significantly less damage, as it suddenly needed more than 30 hits to kill the heroes. I was unable to replicate this, so I am not sure how this could have happened. I ran a third game again, and in this game the troll dealt a "normal" amount of damage again, killing the heroes quite fast with little more than 10 hits.

Feel free to ask any questions.

P.S.: I moved the post here because I thought it is more fitting than in the bug section...

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: MAGA: Arwen 5pp spell clarity and GAMEBREAKING troll bug
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Dez 2021, 13:33 »
Influence of the Evening Star is definitely one of those spells that doesn't seem all that great, we'll probably tweak it at some point. The tooltip definitely should be improved.

Thanks for the the detailed testing either way, don't want to let that go unnoticed. If you were using the map I'm thinking of, the last bug can probably be attributed to the Legendary Heroes modifier that is sometimes active on that map. It's a bit wonky.