18. Apr 2024, 10:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Boromir horse toggle  (Gelesen 1667 mal)

TE_

• Bilbos Festgast
Boromir horse toggle
« am: 17. Mär 2022, 21:07 »
Hi,

I am playing around a little bit and wanted to do some "hero" changes in BFME2. In particular, I want to add Horse Toggle to Boromir. So, I took Faramir as a reference and add the code to Boromir I thought would be working, used RandomTexture to change the horse/object texture of the Faramir on the horse and everything seems to be working, except one thing.

While the Horse Toggle is pushed there should be some fade out of the character and then fade in of the horse model. The horse model fade in nicely but the character (Boromir on foot) disappears instantly, no animation or fade out. If Boromir is on the horse and I push the horse toggle, the Horse model fade out nicely but again, the character (Boromir) model shows instantly.

I have tried to change the Boromir model to Aragorn SKN or Eomer, the hero was walking funny since the model wasn't right but the fade in/out worked.  I have no idea why it is not working here... any ideas, thoughts?

ps: the ini code below.

« Letzte Änderung: 17. Mär 2022, 22:37 von TE_ »

CMG

• Edain Konzeptmoderator
  • Lehenfürst
  • Gnade ist ausverkauft !
Re: Boromir horse toggle
« Antwort #1 am: 17. Mär 2022, 21:26 »
You cannot do this by just changing some code. You have to create a model for a mounted Boromir and link the skin correctly. Otherwise it won't work.
Avatarsammlung für die Community

Wer Hilfe beim Ausformulieren eines Konzeptes braucht oder meine ganz persönliche Meinung zu einem eigenen Konzept wissen will, PM an mich. Das Konzept muss aber erst folgenden Richtlinien entsprechen:
Konzeptdiskussion Richtlinien

TE_

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 17. Mär 2022, 21:53 »
Hi,

thank you for your reply.
You need a new model for the fade in/out effect during the transition? As I wrote, the horse toggle works, I have use the horse model from Faramir and just applied a new textures since the characters are similar, looks nice. The only things that is not working is the fade in/out effect for Boromi on foot model when he change to Boromir on horse. The transition should go to a fade out the Boromir on foot model and Fade in the Boromir on horse model. The Boromir on horse fade effect works but the fade out effect of Boromir on foot not, the model chest fade out instantly and after a second the horse model fades in.

I am not sure if I described it now better or I need the model for the fade effect anyway but wanted to clarify myself a bit more :).

thx, Tomas

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Mär 2022, 22:05 »
The problem might be due to the 2 different skeletons that are used maybe making the mounted form its own object could work.

Also, can you show us your ToggleMountedSpecialAbil ityUpdate, because the draw module itself looked correctly on the first look.

And to make code better readable there is a format for that: [code]

TE_

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 17. Mär 2022, 22:38 »
Hi,

honestly, I cant find it: ToggleMountedSpecialAbil ityUpdate, I have used the same code as it is by Faramir and while I was trying to fix this, I have searched all the files for this entry but found it only in the characters *.ini files and game.dat. Hence, I deduced is inside game.dat, I can be surely wrong.

sorry, for the spoiler. I wanted to use the spolier and the code tage inside the spoiler to make the post shorter but it somehow didnt worked, I have fixed it.

tomas