28. Apr 2024, 06:49 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Just few question...  (Gelesen 9074 mal)

TE_

• Bilbos Festgast
Just few question...
« am: 9. Apr 2010, 13:42 »
Hi Edain! :)

I like ur mod also cause its more or less the only one which is still updated  xD I have just few questions:

1. I noticed a leek of performance playing ur mod on LAN, why this could happen? I dont know about the poly count in ur models but do u do them a little bit more detailed like it was in original game?

just for notice the server: XPS 630i , Q9300 2,4Ghz, 4GB ram, Dual SLI 8800GTm Win7
                                     - notebook: Dell Precision M4400, Dual Core T9400 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, qudroFX 770, XP

2. What about Angmar? Do u plan to update it,, or replace?

3. I notice when i played for Isengard that once Saruman with ring had diferent magic "i think" and was shooting lightnings like attack and once he had fireballs... This depend on something? Its awesome that this can change and anyway the guy is ohh yeah :)

4. By Goblins,, the spider riders and mountain trolls i think are tooooo strong, the riders are almost unstopable and mountain trolls are strong like hell attack and defense... maybe a little bit balance here :)

so far this :) Iam sure i ll write more,, even that i know German well i better write here,, cause to read the full German forum ll take me more than a day,, so sorry for my laziness and good luck guys! U doing a great job here :)

Lord of Arnor

• Lehenfürst
  • All men play on 10!
Re: Just few question...
« Antwort #1 am: 9. Apr 2010, 14:13 »
I'm not a team member, but I can answer some of your questions:
2. Angmar will be updated in the next version of the mod, especially some heroes will be changed/replaced.
3. There are two versions of the "ring" Saruman, it's randomly selected which one you get.

I hope I wrote understandable and I could help you!

greetings

Lord of Arnor
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Apr 2010, 21:59 von Lord of Arnor »
Zitat
Pluralismus heißt: Ich bin nicht Jesus!
<br /><br />

TE_

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 9. Apr 2010, 14:17 »
I'm not a team member, but I can answer some of your questions:
2. Angmar will be updated in the next version of the mod, especially some heros will be changed/replaced.
3. There are two versions of the "ring" Saruman, it's randomly selected which one you get.

I hope I wrote understandable and I could help you!

greetings

Lord of Arnor

thx man :) Do u know if this feature with random ring heroe is also by someone else? :)

Ulmo

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
  • Valar Ulmo
« Antwort #3 am: 9. Apr 2010, 14:21 »
Nope, every factions shopuld be unique, this an unique Feature of Isengart, in fact Gandalf can turn black or white galadriel i think, too.

To 1)

Yep edain uses much more detailed skins, very very high poly Heroes but with your systems you probably be able to run Edain without any problems, maybee lower the grafic settings?

My system:

amd x2 4200 #
1gb ram
ati 1650@ 256 mb

works proper in mid to low grafics :) also with friends in an local network

greets

Wer einen Lockerz Acc. von mir möchte ne PM
z List 1/20

TE_

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Apr 2010, 14:23 »
Thx for the answer :)

Yeah,, probably lowering the datails should solve everything  :) anyway,, iam not sure how is the use of SLI and a quadcore in ROTWK,, i even dont know if it supports :)

Simbyte

• Administrator
  • Schwanenritter
« Antwort #5 am: 11. Apr 2010, 17:45 »
RotW only supports single core, and I suppose it's the same with multiple GPUs (haven't tried that yet).

I can play on highest settings with a 2,4 Ghz quad core, so if you experience lags, the problem is most likely either the graphic card or your LAN connection.
It's probably the onboard graphic card in the notebook that slows down the whole game.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Apr 2010, 17:47 von Simbyte »

Gliding o’er all, through all,   
Through Nature, Time, and Space,   
As a ship on the waters advancing,   
The voyage of the soul—not life alone,   
Death, many deaths I’ll sing.

- Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

TE_

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 11. Apr 2010, 18:31 »
RotW only supports single core, and I suppose it's the same with multiple GPUs (haven't tried that yet).

I can play on highest settings with a 2,4 Ghz quad core, so if you experience lags, the problem is most likely either the graphic card or your LAN connection.
It's probably the onboard graphic card in the notebook that slows down the whole game.

Yeah,, i had a feeling for this ( I think its more or less absolutely small chance but anyway,, its possible that someone ll do support for quad or SLI for ROTWK? :)

Yeah,, i cna play too,, but the lags are only on lan,, ok when i take that both the Desktop and notebook have 100 Lan throw a single cable i can suppose that the connection should be right. The notebook have not a onboard card,, its opengl card for CAD systems,, actualy i dont know how the performance is by 3D games,, but it should be more than enough :(

anyway,, thx for the answer man :)

TE_

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 14. Apr 2010, 08:36 »
Hi,, i got some other question or request for some little help :)

Can anyone suggest me good LAN or Skirmisch maps for eadain mod,, where the AI is working for sure :)) I want some suggestion from user on this casue its better when someone already played the map)

thx , T

Lugdusch aka RDJ

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #8 am: 14. Apr 2010, 16:14 »
Of course there are the maps which are included. Use them if you want to be totally sure. They usually suffice.

Additionally in the download section of the main page (modding union) are few other good maps that can be downloaded. In the german forum in the modding corner in the underforum "Vorstellungsbereich" other users present there own self-made maps.

If you still want more maps, look at these pages: http://sum.onlinewelten.com/
http://www.hdrhq.de/
http://www.the3rdage.net/

In the downloadsections are many more maps.

The Edain AI should functionate at all Edain-maps but the fortress-maps.

On normal SuM2-Maps it isn't shure but it should work too. There's just the question, if there's enough space for the dwarven mountain. Just try it out.

You can find more maps by using Google "SuM2 Maps".

I hope it helped.

RDJ
Zurzeit inaktiv.

TE_

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 14. Apr 2010, 17:03 »
thx man alot,, i ll look and try  ;)

TE_

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 18. Apr 2010, 19:44 »
hi,, i ll not start a new topic for this,, but i notice one thing :( when we play on lan sometims an error appears "Asynchron De" .... any idea what can cause this and how to solve this??

Simbyte

• Administrator
  • Schwanenritter
« Antwort #11 am: 18. Apr 2010, 22:09 »
This could be caused by variedly powerful computers. If one computer is much faster than the other one, an asynchron error can occur.
I think it's particularly likely if there are masses of units in the game or the weaker computer is at its limits regarding the graphic settings.

TE_

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #12 am: 18. Apr 2010, 22:35 »
Yeah,, the computers are not equal in performance :( but its pitty that it causing this,, we trying to play with 1x units max.. cause the performance,, but hmmm,, when its cause that ohhh, boy we would be playing with fear :D .... anyway,, this occured when we installed the 3.4 edain,, before on 3.3 it never happened...

thx for answer and great mod guys! :)

Simbyte

• Administrator
  • Schwanenritter
« Antwort #13 am: 18. Apr 2010, 22:39 »
The mod gets more and more complex with every version, requiering more power from the computer. Maybe the changes in 3.4 were the final straw there.

Lars

• Knappe Rohans
« Antwort #14 am: 18. Apr 2010, 22:42 »
Try to play with the same settings (very low) on both computers.
[18:56:53]    [5.113.110.246 - anarion]
naja baaeemm ist kein jedi
[18:57:08]    [5.113.110.246 - anarion]
sondern eher so was wie ein megafon mit ohne ausschalter