27. Apr 2024, 18:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Hi all.  (Gelesen 3064 mal)

Vladriel

• Hobbit
Hi all.
« am: 6. Mai 2010, 03:52 »
Hi everyone, Especially to the Edain Team.

First of all, I extend my thanks and appreciation for this wonderful mod. No other mod comes close in my opinion. Keep up the good work, I am hoping for more. :)

Now, I know the campaign is not supported but let me tell you that asides from a few bugs it works well with your mod.  :)

Bugs that I have found so far:
I. No Hero carry over. The WK, Morgormir, Hwaldar and Rogash start every mission at level 1.
  Mission Specific bugs:
    Mission 1 - None
    Mission 2 - King Argaleb and the Army of Arnor spawns too early. The winning conditions
                     are also bugged (You can defeat the King and his army by using imaginative
                     tactics ;) ) After you free Hwaldar and recruited the hillmen, You will have
                     completed the mission without having to destroy the 2 forts of the left side of
                     of the map.
    Mission 3 - The defenders of Fornost cannot use Powers. (I know this is because you
                     shuffled said powers and they no longer have access to them. XD)
    Mission 4 - No Bugs.
    Mission 5 - The difficulty has ramped up considerably even on easy. (I think this is
                     because of some modifications you made regarding the unit values and unit
                     tiers. The thrall masters and their minions are no match for the Higher tier
                     Cavalry and Infantry of Arnor.

More to come as soon as I beat mission 5. No matter how hard it may be. XD

The main problem is the no Hero carry over. The difficulty of the missions though an unexpected side effect is interesting. :D

I hope this helps a little. I know there are others out there who play or want to play the campaign.
Again, Congratulations and Thanks.

-Vlad-

P.S.

Is there an easy way of fixing the no hero carryover bug? (I have tried to fix it for myself to no avail.) Preferably one which can be done by the user so as not to eat up the team's valuable time. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Mai 2010, 13:52 von Vladriel »

MCM aka k10071995

• Bezwinger der Toten
Re: Hi all.
« Antwort #1 am: 6. Mai 2010, 16:02 »
It should be easy to correct.
Add me in ICQ (380393715). It is not easy to explain it for a new coder, if you are an experienced one, write the names of the Heros in the linearcampaignexpansion. ini.
Sorry for my english. xD
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Mai 2010, 16:20 von MCM aka k10071995 »

Es kommt immer darauf an, etwas zu tun, was der Gegner nicht erwartet.

Altaïr

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Nichts ist wahr - Alles ist erlaubt
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Mai 2010, 16:19 »
@MCM: if you are wohl eher^^

@Vladriel: They are working on a new campaign about the dwares, I think it will replace the old one, so it's not necessary to fix old bugs in the bfme II orignial campaign. But the new one will be supported and (I hope so  :P) much better^^
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Mai 2010, 16:21 von Altaïr »
- Die Deutsche Rechtschreibung ist Freeware, sprich, du kannst sie kostenlos nutzen. Allerdings ist sie nicht Open Source, d.h. du darfst sie nicht verändern oder in veränderter Form veröffentlichen. -

Vladriel

• Hobbit
« Antwort #3 am: 6. Mai 2010, 18:07 »
@Altair : Yes! I know of it! And I cannot wait until they release that masterpiece. :)
              For now I just want to play something other than the skirmishes. XD

@MCM : What time are you on ICQ? I am a moderately experienced coder, I have done a
              few things to try and fix that problem to no avail though. ;) Do you have any
              suggestions? Feel free to send me a PM here or on ICQ. *I may not be able to get
              back to you immediately though*

Oh and 2 more bugs, You can build a second WK, Hwaldar, Rogash and Morgormir during the campaign. Though there is nothing like seeing 2 WKs use their AoE attack. You can also build building which you usually can't. XD

Danke again. XD
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Mai 2010, 12:57 von Vladriel »