28. Apr 2024, 12:06 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris Concepts and Feedback  (Gelesen 13259 mal)

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
Imladris Concepts and Feedback
« am: 16. Sep 2010, 15:34 »
Discuss here about your concept to improve this faction,and tell the bugs you found in your experience of playing.

Once again the first thing i look at is the spellbook.Even though i know these proposals aren't gonna be taken in consideration for the near 3.6,3.7 will be released this year,so that's not a problem  ;)

I think Imladris spellbook is perfect,one of the best by far,some people even consider it OP,this isn't my case however.
I only have one idea for Gil-Galad.His third ability is intended to grant experience right?Anyway,even if imladris units could gain experience a summon isn't exactly the hero you want to level up your units :P
I propose to replace the power with a ranged ability,Wrath of Aeglos.Just a spear throw ability,4000 hero damage with 50% scalar against heroes(yes,it's a huge amount of damage,but Aeglos was the most powerful spear in Middle-Hearth).Cooldown is 1.2x long than the duration of the summon(so powers that reduces cooldown can allow this ability to be used twice).
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Okt 2010, 14:06 von TheMostBurning »

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
Re:Imladris Concepts and Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 30. Okt 2010, 22:11 »
3.6 is evil-themed,i don't know the nature of  the future 3.7,but i saved these concepts as i knew that they weren't gonna be taken into serious consideration for the coming version.
The Imladris fort was,until 3.5,exactly as it was in EA's 2.01.In 3.5,it has only been reskinned.A change calls.

Imladris Fortress

Rivendell was the only left great bastion of the forces of good in Eriador during the War of the Ring.Its strenght wasn't in its blades and its shields,but in the wisdom of the last living Noldors and in the power of Vilya,with wich Elrond could make its house in Valinor's own image.
So,the fortress of the left fighting High Elves can't be a model of military force like the Isengard one,but it has to be a centre of (relatively)peaceful knowledge.
This demands a new approach.

Celebrimbor's Heritage

EA offered an excellent name for the elven upgrades-building,Eregion Forge,but ruined the work with a pityful name as Enchanted Anvil.
I think the new name would be more appropriate and would increase the Tolkien feeling.
Apart from this,it no longer reduces the price of the upgrades,but it reduces the time they need to be researched and equipped.This will establish a difference between it and Burning Forges,and make more sense for a faction intended to rely on ancient traditions.

1 fort with Celebrimbor's Heritage provides -15% research and upgrade time.
2 forts with Celebrimbor's Heritage provide -25% research and upgrade time.
3 forts with Celebrimbor's Heritage provide -35% research and upgrade time.
4 forts with Celebrimbor's Heritage provide -45% research and upgrade time.
5 forts with Celebrimbor's Heritage provide -60% research and upgrade time.

Cost 500.

Might of Bruinen

The Bruinen river protected Imladris by enemies by flooding them at the homonymous ford.
Visually it looks like Crystal Moat.Every 30 seconds enemy units in moat's proximity(Boiling Oil's radius) are hit by Bruinen's fury(water-horses run following the line of the moat) for 400 magic damage(this also has knockback).Enemy units can still attack the fort normally.The upgrade is relatively cheap as it can't be ruled by the player,and thus is avoidable.
Cost 1000.

The Last Homely House

Rivendell was one of the last left domains where one could find the peace of the ancient days,the Last Homely House.
This upgrade replaces Mystic Fountains,which is simply a weaker copy of Houses of Healing and Siege Kegs.
Heroes and units in the vicinity are healed and recharge abilities 30% faster.

Cost 1500.

Imladris Knowledge

The elves of Rivendell know all enemy tactics,so they can neutralize most attacks.
Replaces Blessed Mists.Enemy units in radius 350 can't earn experience and can't active buff/stance abilities(this doesn't mean they are disabled in that area,they can be casted only out of the 350 radius).
Cost 1500.

Elven Stonework

It remains as now.

The last change,concerning Eagle's Nest,is strictly connected to an other.

The Heralds of  Manwë

The Eagles are the noblest creatures in Middle-Hearth,the favourites of Manwë,the Lord of the Valars.They should be very strong,but very hard to obtain.

Imladris spellbook is slightly modified.The actual Influence of Evenstar is replaced by Gifts of the Valars(12 power points).
It still offers the usual bonuses to Arwen,but it also allows the recruitment of Gwaihir and his Eagles.

Elven Stonework unlocks Manwë's Sanctum,which doubles fort's line of sight and cancels stealth and invisibility effects(Storm of Crows' canceling effect radius).
Purchasing Gifts of the Valars enables Gwaihir and Eagles.
Gwaihir is still recruited in Rivendell's Garden.
From Manwë's Sanctum can be recruited up to 3 eagles.
The Sanctum can be garrisoned by eagles or Gwaihir(3 slots,summoned eagles can't enter it).
To recruit an eagle the Sanctum must be garrisoned by an other eagle or Gwaihir(except for the first,while an eagle is growing up,an other must guard the nest).
Eagles cost 2000 resources each and no cp,60 seconds recruitment time.
Imladris heroes and Lords can ride eagles(they become "garrisonable",1 slot).

After Elrond receives the one ring,Vilya increases its offensive power.
If the Sanctum is garrisoned by 3 eagles(or gwaihir) the fort gains Wind from the West,an ability that knocks enemy units to ground(visually this looks like Drogoth's WingBlast,but with radius 200,damage 50 crush per second,30 seconds duration,maximum cast range same as ThunderStorm).
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Nov 2010, 19:36 von TheMostBurning »

Nightmaster

• Edain Translator
  • Verteidiger Morias
  • You loose!
« Antwort #2 am: 31. Okt 2010, 00:38 »
I like your idea of wisdom-based fortress upgrades for imladris, it really would make the gameplay for this faction even more unique than it already is.

However don't you think that Eagles will be a little hard to obtain now?
12 points-spell+Fortress Upgrade+2k Res for each Eagle ...?
Seems a bit expensive to me o_o
ich liebe diese Sterbeschreie die alle von scih geben wenn sie aufeinmal Sterben, das gibt mir Glücksgefühle  :D
er ist, böse, untot und sieht cool aus? dafür^^

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 31. Okt 2010, 14:00 »
I know,but they are the strongest flying unit in all the game together with gwaihir.

Werewolves need a 11pp power to be recruited,but they aren't flyers.Olog-Hai's cost 1500 each and a level 3 troll cage(2500).
Maybe the price could be 1500,if it results balanced.

The most important thing one has to look at when creating a concept,is maintaining the balance.Eagles can kill every other flyer and they are the most resistant flyers against hero and magic damage,Gwaihir is by far the strongest aerial hero(except smaug).They would even be able to transport herores.
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Dez 2010, 15:02 von TheMostBurning »

Nightmaster

• Edain Translator
  • Verteidiger Morias
  • You loose!
« Antwort #4 am: 12. Dez 2010, 02:59 »
Well with 3.6, Gwaihir is now recruited after building the Eagle Nest in the fortress, as you may have noticed^^
I suppose you're right, Eagles are really strong and I could agree with a price between 1500 and 200 but I'm not the best at balance-rating, cause I usually only play against AI  [uglybunti]
ich liebe diese Sterbeschreie die alle von scih geben wenn sie aufeinmal Sterben, das gibt mir Glücksgefühle  :D
er ist, böse, untot und sieht cool aus? dafür^^