27. Apr 2024, 19:01 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Isengard Concepts and Feedback  (Gelesen 6869 mal)

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
Isengard Concepts and Feedback
« am: 16. Sep 2010, 15:49 »
Discuss here about your concept to improve this faction,and tell the bugs and the issues you found in your experience of playing.

I posted an incomplete concept.It will be back soon.
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Dez 2010, 14:37 von TheMostBurning »

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
Re:Isengard Concepts and Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Dez 2010, 17:28 »
The Spy and the Tamer

3.6 rendered Isengard one of the most complete factions of the game.
Only 2 things are still out of place,namely Grima and Sharku.
I suffer seeing overlooked heroes,as they simply clash with the complexity of the new systems.

Grima Wormtongue

Grima was the spy that Saruman sent to Rohan to dissuade Rohirrim from moving war against him.He slowly corrupted Theoden's mind,who was lastly healed by Gandalf the White.

The actual Wormtongue is practically the same as 2.01,same health,same damage,he only gained one power.
But i spoke enough.Here is the concept.

Grima has light armor and 1800 to 2500 health.150 heroic damage(doesn't increase with level).Low to middle experience requirements.Cost 1300.
He has 6 powers and no stance indicator(which is,anyway,unnecessary using hotkeys).

Vicious Advisor (Level 1)

Grima is sent to the enemy as an ambassador and a counsellor.
This ability is the key to his new system.
Click on an enemy unit/hero/building to activate.
Grima is now bound to the target,he will follow him as long as it survives(he walks around the target,like with Theoden the Corrupted) and he shares its view.The player can't rule Grima's movements,but he can use his powers.Wormtogue can't be attacked and can't attack.When the target unit/hero earns experience,so does the counsellor.If the target is a building,he gains experience for a half of a level per recruited unit/hero.Grima leaves the target only when it is killed or using this ability on an other.
Cast time 3 seconds.Cooldown 1 minute.

Poisonous Words (Level 1)

Wormtongue slowly corrupts the mind of his hosts.This ability gets stronger and stronger as the hero levels up.Effects are cumulative.Passive ability only working on the unit/hero targeted by Vicious Advisor.
Level 1 : unit/hero victim suffers -25% line of sight and move speed.
Level 3 : unit/hero victim suffers -25% armor and damage.
Level 5 : unit/hero victim is immune to the effect of any active or passive buff and leadership.
Level 7 : unit/hero victim can't be healed or use self-heal.
Level 10 : unit/hero victim suffers -25% spell cast and recharge speed and -50% experience rate.

Shadow of the Golden Hall (Level 1)

Grima weakens the halls and the bastions of his master's enemies from the inside.This ability gets stronger and stronger as the hero levels up.Effects are cumulative.Passive ability only working on the building targeted by Vicious Advisor.
Level 1 : target building suffers -25% unit/hero recruit time.
Level 3 : target building suffers -25% line of sight and armor.
Level 5 : target building can't be healed or use self-repair.
Level 7 : target building suffers -25% unit/hero recruit time.
Level 10 : target building suffers -25% line of sight and armor.Fortresses lose bonuses from armor upgrades.

Whispering Shade (Level 3)

Wormtongue acts in the shadow to weave his plots.
While using this power he is invisible and immune to the effects of any ability,but he can still take damage from AoE and can't heal nor recharge or use powers.
The invisibility lasts as long as it is dispelled.Cooldown 2 minutes.

Corruption (Level 10)

Grima completely prostrates the will of his unaware master.
The unit/hero is now under the control of the player for 30 seconds.During this time it loses 3% health per second.If it survives,Wormtongue leaves it.Can't be used on ring heroes.
Cooldown 4 minutes.

Decay (Level 10)

Grima totally rules the halls of his fool master.
The building is now owned permanently by the player,but has -25% armor and can't recruit heroes and builders.After using this power,Grima leaves the building.Can't be used on unique buildings,citadels and fortresses.
Cooldown 4 minutes.

Wormtongue would be a much more useful hero than now.His purpose would be still to weaken enemy troops,heroes and buildings,but with more incisiveness.His cost increases for his renewed power.

Sharku

Sharku is an invention of Peter Jackson,the leader of the Warg Riders.However,like Gorkil,he perfectly fits with his role.But,as he is now,he is a pretty sad hero.The concept is the following :

Sharku has 3500 to 4500 health,250 to 350 damage and same speed as WargRiders with +25% speed buff.Cost 2000.

Savage Hunt(Level 1)

Sharku's only use is to support the only cavalry unit of isengard,the WargRiders.
Without his leadership he is basically useless.So,he obtains it at level one,rather than four.
The leadership remains the same : WargRiders obtain +50% damage,+25% speed and -50% crush deceleration.Passive ability.

Tame the Beast (Level 3)

Sharku is a beast master,able to tame all quadrupeds.With this ability,Sharku can temporarily convert one single enemy or neutral cavalry battalion.Can't convert BlackRiders.Duration 30 seconds.Cooldown 2 minutes and 30 seconds..

Man Eater (Level 5)

As before.Cooldown 3 minutes.

The Untameable (Level 8 )

Sharku frees his most ferocious beast,which even he could never tame.
Enemy units in the selected area suffer Fear effect for 20 seconds.The Untameable is 3 times bigger than a normal warg,has 20 splash attack radius,300 hero damage,100 move speed.It attacks both allies and enemies and can't be ruled.It's intended to be particularly strong  against heroes.Summon duration 60 seconds.
Cooldown 3 minutes.

Blood Wish (Level 10)

Sharku incites wargs to slaughter everything in their path.Wargs and WargRiders get +50% damage and armor,+25% speed and -50% crush deceleration.Cooldown 4 minutes.

His system is the same,just improved.

« Letzte Änderung: 6. Dez 2010, 18:39 von TheMostBurning »

yamsinacan

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Arch-Angel
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Dez 2010, 19:09 »
I say if Gandalf or Aragorn/Saruman/Radgast/Galadriel/Elrond or Glorfindel/Witch King or Gorathur/ The Goblin King (who ever it my be)/ Allatar or Pallando/ Dain are out for the faction they belong to, or through the inn... Wormtounge is useless.

These would probably the one that would not let Wormtounge do a thing. All the Wizards +Witch King and Gorathur+ Elrond and Galadriel are "magicians" who can repel Wormtounge. The rest are too wise, or just don't trust him.

Let us have peace.

I am a guy, so don't think any different. I just liked the picture :D.

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Dez 2010, 13:47 »
Anyway,even now Grima can corrupt them.

Spike9702231

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 18. Feb 2012, 06:45 »
Helloz i started palying this great Mod today ^^ and i don't no if anyone noticed or said so before but Isenguard Ai seems to be unable to defend in helms deep. let me be a bit more precise : the builder hardly build anything all i saw was a warg pit and then builders just sat in the deep as you kill the builders the Ai makes new one but they jsut wait in front of their spawn point .

actually isenguard AI seems to have problem on all maps after i tried a skirpmish as minas tirith and isenguard build a few things then stopped all together after a few mins and not just that the AI's seems to not attack you until you open the gate if u keep it close nobody move (any race i mean not jsut isenguard) and if you open the gate they start attacking (cept isenguard who seems bugged)
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Feb 2012, 10:59 von Gnomi »

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #5 am: 18. Feb 2012, 10:59 »
Not on all maps... on fortress maps... ;)
The problem is the new system. And they don't attack as the gate is only attackable with siege machines... and so they only attack it with siege machines, that was the same in the vanilla game.

Spike9702231

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 19. Feb 2012, 03:47 »
mmm if its the vanilla BFME 1 maybei never played but my bfme 2 expansion or not ennemies actually charge you on fortress too o.o and is there no way to kind of... make them aware they can use laders ? i don't no anything about programming so am not sure how complex it is i guess Ai are really complex but is there no way to make them aware that they really need siege to attack you ? and make em use it more ?

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #7 am: 19. Feb 2012, 10:12 »
In BfmE the AI works totally different - the programming of the AI is done via scripts, in BfmE II it's done with codes. So you can't compare the AI of BfmE I and BfmE II. Additionally BfmE I was made for fortresses as the two good factions always had fortresses on normal maps, while this is totally different in BfmE II.

Spike9702231

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 20. Feb 2012, 03:06 »
oh i see thanks for the heads up ^^ think you guys will be able to make the Ai able to fight on fortress map ? oh and i got a crazy idea for ring wars Ai that retreats after a given time : is it possible to simply remove the retreat option for Ai in-games ? and leave it for the "risk-like world map" ?

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #9 am: 20. Feb 2012, 12:30 »
We don't know if we manage it and there are other things with higher priorities.

The problem if the AI doesn't retreat is that it will be even easier for the player as he can build up an army in the living world much faster and can destroy the whole enemy army, while the army can survive if it retreats... I know that it isn't a good solution, but the coding of WotR is a bit complicated and no of the two ways is really good and can solve all the problems. :S (and again - the wotr isn't one of our high priority areas.^^)

But if we have time and manage to create a good solution we'll integrate it.^^

Spike9702231

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 20. Feb 2012, 18:03 »
Thanks a bunch ^^ your work is alredy beyond epic anyways :P and you no fortresses aint jsut in ring war their in skirmish too :3 so its not just rign war problem fortress-wise xD