26. Apr 2024, 20:32 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New design for the Dwarven units  (Gelesen 62344 mal)

CragLord

• Gast
Re: BOTFA design for the Iron Hills units
« Antwort #90 am: 13. Dez 2015, 17:00 »
Murin is just perfect. :)
Drar with new crossbow also looks good. :)
Concerning Drar, I can understand why you implement shield, it is nice as    
supporter during shooting process (there is more stability and accuracy), but personally I hope you will just stay with this shield on him. Personally I won't like to see that whole crossbow battalion have same shilelds etc.
In consistency terms those shiled have no other purpose then to be some kind of support while they are shooting, but they are not necessary and present probably only bonus weight while units are moving etc. That is my opinion about these shields on the back. :)

Regards,
CragLord

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #91 am: 13. Dez 2015, 17:07 »
Looking lovely! Wish that the slayers use the same mattock as Murin, but beggars can't be choosers right xD. Anyway that pavise shield is a great addition to Drar, it makes him certainly unique and gives the Iron Hills Dwarves an even more "defensive" style. Again thank you very much for using the movie designs with this!

P.S. I just read Crag's reply and I fully agree with him. In addition to that I would like to say that if ranged units were able to use a melee weapon when enemies were closeby, like in the Total War games, than I wouldn't mind giving them a shield + melee weapon. However, as this is not the case, then a shield is nothing more than a burden to them and is only slowing them down.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #92 am: 13. Dez 2015, 17:15 »
Let's keep it going with Murin and Drar.

How far are you intended to push your boundaries in this 'Dwarven Renaissance'?  8-)

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #93 am: 13. Dez 2015, 17:16 »
We'll see. :D

Preferably so far, that we never have to push again.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #94 am: 13. Dez 2015, 17:28 »
I agree with Adamin I think that Dwarves are getting closer to the Perfect especially in Visual aspect! :-) And I am so eager to see the future of the Dwarven Race in Edain Hands! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #95 am: 13. Dez 2015, 18:00 »
As I said on moddb, both designs are very good and well thougt.
However, I will wait 4.3 before saying Murin looks a little bit too similar to the guardians but I think Neto (on moddb) is not 100% wrong.

"That still only counts as one!"

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #96 am: 13. Dez 2015, 18:10 »
As I said on moddb, both designs are very good and well thougt.
However, I will wait 4.3 before saying Murin looks a little bit too similar to the guardians but I think Neto (on moddb) is not 100% wrong.

Hmm perhaps remove the cape from the slayers, and add it to Murin? That way he will surely look more unique compared to the guardians or slayers. But I don't mind how he looks right now, I am just happy that they use the movie designs xD!

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #97 am: 13. Dez 2015, 18:16 »
Actually that is a pretty good idea, but I would still let the slayers get the cape. :)

"That still only counts as one!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #98 am: 13. Dez 2015, 18:17 »
I think Murin Looks differently enough with the Weapon and Shields and as I said may be different Beard than the Slayers and it will be great! :-) The only thing I suggest that can be changed is the Helmet !And Slayers need the Cape it is a signature of Elite Unit without them they are just Guardians! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #99 am: 13. Dez 2015, 18:23 »
Hello all today i received the Hobbit Chronicles: THE ART OF WAR by Weta workshop and reading through the dwarves section and seeing the new changes coming I thought I would share a few ideas of mine that doesn't really change much overall they are mostly aesthetic.
EDIT: When i talk about the stats for the crossbow i mean compared to the ered luin crossbows.
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Dez 2015, 18:59 von calsash »
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #100 am: 13. Dez 2015, 18:52 »
I just can't say how epic is the look of this!I always wanted to buy that Book but sadly I will never be able to,so you have my absolute thanks for sharing this Image! :-)

I was actually going to make Thread about IHs Crossbows so that they differ more from Isengard and this is really something quite unique and cool ! :-)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #101 am: 13. Dez 2015, 19:01 »
I just can't say how epic is the look of this!I always wanted to buy that Book but sadly I will never be able to,so you have my absolute thanks for sharing this Image! :-)

I was actually going to make Thread about IHs Crossbows so that they differ more from Isengard and this is really something quite unique and cool ! :-)
No problem for sharing the images, i would share more but the scanner on my computer doesn't fit a lot of the stuff on it, its a shame you cant get the book as im sure you would of loved it, there is so much detail about everything and a whole section on just the dwarves of the iron hills and Dain.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #102 am: 13. Dez 2015, 19:28 »
Thank you mate! :-)

Ah and you are really teasing me  [uglybunti]

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #103 am: 13. Dez 2015, 22:35 »
Some Higher quality photos from the book for people

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #104 am: 13. Dez 2015, 22:44 »
You lucky dwarflings. Do you know how long I searched for a good glimpse of Dains Armor, how many screencaptures from the movie I looked up and zoomed in?

And you get everything neat and tidy in a book! Not fair.  [ugly]