29. Mai 2024, 02:49 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Siege weapons and Castles walls/gates  (Gelesen 6639 mal)

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Siege weapons and Castles walls/gates
« Antwort #15 am: 21. Aug 2015, 11:41 »
+1 to everything KryPtik said.

Also:
The 1 idea that I saw here that is really good IMO is to have Rams be really weak against everything if they are alone, but gain a passive armor buff if surrounded by troops. This would simulate cover from archers very well, and would make a lot more sense than having rams that are immune to arrows, like the current version.
I actually really like this idea. Giving rams an armor buff when surrounded by melee infantry could compensate for an armor nerf in general. Sounds pretty cool to me :)

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #16 am: 23. Aug 2015, 18:58 »
I have seen a couple of posts on moddb and here of people who want other siege weapons to be more useful like Siege ladders, Siege Towers and Mines instead of only spamming battering rams to destroy Castle walls and gates.

So here's my suggestion:

1) Castle walls should only be damaged and destroyed by mines .However the Uruk mine berserkers should only damage and destroy normal buildings 

2) Castle gates should only be damaged and destroyed by battering rams, siege hammer trolls and Grond.

3) Catapults should only damage and destroy structures inside the Castle and other defense structures around the Castle.

4) Battering rams and siege trolls should do much less damage to the Castle gates than normal buildings

This way the player will be forced to make more use of the Siege ladders, Siege towers, Mines, Siege hammer trolls and Grond.

Definitely agree on catapults, they are way too overpowered (this goes back to the vanilla game IMO).

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #17 am: 23. Aug 2015, 20:28 »
Siege Ladders and Towers are incredibly weak and easy to kill. The reason people don't make them is because it is just easier and makes more sense to destroy the wall rather than try to scale it. If the enemy good player has made a bunch of defensive towers around his wall, then siege ladders/towers become utterly useless. Your units will mount the wall just to be slaughtered by arrows. Instead of nerfing evil siege, there should be some options added to strengthen good defence. Gondor doesn't really need anything, but Dwarves could use some defence upgrades, and Rohan needs wall mounted catapults badly.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #18 am: 24. Aug 2015, 00:00 »
yea and then the the siege weapons will be needed nice idea

Caronis

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #19 am: 27. Aug 2015, 01:05 »
I hate ballistas, so if they're less powerful, i'm agreed :)