28. Mai 2024, 13:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gil-Galad  (Gelesen 1921 mal)

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
Gil-Galad
« am: 25. Nov 2015, 03:12 »
I know there's a long time before Imladris is released however I had an idea concerning Gil-Galad. I know he's not a usual unit instead summoned through their Last Alliance spell in the spellbook (assuming that's unchanged) but I was thinking perhaps he could be similar to Tauriel becoming a recruitable hero on certain maps like for example Dagorlad.

I was thinking he could be a mix of a tank / hero supporter. I know Imladris does have a few units fitting those roles however I believe Gil-Galad despite not being alive during the 3rd Age, was one of the more important characters with ties to Imladris that were omitted from the movies.

I have a few ideas for what his skills could look like (I apologize as I cannot recall his abilities from 3.8.1 so some might be similar to his summoned skills).

Might of Aeglos
Gil-Galad strikes with his spear dealing medium damage and lowering their damage by 50% for 10 seconds. If this kills an enemy hero it's cooldown is refreshed.

Shield of the Stars: Level 3
Gil-Galad gains 75% armour and is immune to knockback for 30 seconds.

High King of Noldor: Level 5: Passive
Units in a medium range of Gil-Galad gain an additional 50% armour. Allied heroes and units equipped with Heavy Armour near to Gil-Galad are also immune to knockback.

Grand Challenge: Level 7
Gil-Galad issues a challenge to his enemies. For 30 seconds, Gil-Galad will draw the aggression of all enemies, including heroes, in a medium range to himself.

Forming the Last Alliance: Level 10
Gil-Galad rallies the elves under his banner to fight back against evil. For a short time recruited units will become Veterans of the Last Alliance, gaining instant access to their abilities and heavy armour.

The idea I was going for is he's a hero that draws aggression to himself and can gain extreme defenses while doing so. The Last Alliance skill at level 10 is meant to assist Rivendell's utilization (assuming the old Scholar idea, wherein units have to be given access to their formations/abilities is still applied) while also granting the units recruited through it the full benefits of his passive.

I was also thinking perhaps he could have a ring hero function but I'm not sure what could be done in that respect but I'm open to critique and would like some feedback on the idea.

Just for clarification. I don't want him as a recruitable unit on ALL maps, just on a select few, similar to Tauriel in Lothlorien.
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Nov 2015, 03:29 von SP19XX »

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Gil-Galad
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Nov 2015, 11:01 »
Zitat
I know there's a long time before Imladris is released however I had an idea concerning Gil-Galad. I know he's not a usual unit instead summoned through their Last Alliance spell in the spellbook (assuming that's unchanged)
...and which fits perfectly because hes long dead in the third age. ;)
So, finally i have to reject this proposel.