28. Mai 2024, 06:58 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Crash on Start  (Gelesen 12870 mal)

Ethlin

• Hobbit
Crash on Start
« am: 4. Mai 2013, 00:50 »
First off, I don't speak German, and I feel rude coming to a German site and posting in English, but I tried everywhere I could and can not find help with this problem I have run in to. When I try to start the mod, I am given the following error...

Invalid Sound 'WOTR_MusicRohanMS'

Error parsing field 'Music' in block 'LivingWorldPlayerTemplat e' in file 'Data\INI\LivingWorldPlayers.ini', line 59

Error parsing INI block'   Music' in file 'Data\INI\LivingWorldPlayers.ini'.
5 addresses
(unknown)(0): game.dat+239838 Debug::PostStaticInit+3390
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2346667 STringBase<char>::~StringBase<char>+262887
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2376649 LineSegment2D::~LineSegment2D+20490
(unknown)(0): game.dat+654183 Xfer::operator==+119943
(unknown)(0): KERNEL32.dll+96111 RegisterWaitForInputIdle+73

Because of the severity of this error the game will now exit.

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Der Hexenkönig von Angmar

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • Die Welt der Menschen wird untergehen!
Re:Crash on Start
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Mai 2013, 11:09 »
have you tried yet, to install the Mod and the Game again?
unistall it and install both again.

Ethlin

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Mai 2013, 00:47 »
Sorry for the late response.

I don't have my BFME2 disk, but I *do* have the WotWK disk and CDs keys for both.

If I download the BFME2 ISO and install it (using the proper key) and then install WotWK, should that work?

Elros

• Seher der Elben
« Antwort #3 am: 8. Mai 2013, 07:58 »
Tried it by myself and it works just fine, but keep in mind that BFME2 needs to be patched to play Edain. Not completely sure if it works with every (half-official) downloaded ISO-file.
As an alternative, I believe remembering BFME2 being available to download at Origin. Even if you don't have the CD, only the CD-key is necessary to download and play. Should work and it's the official way.  :)

Ethlin

• Hobbit
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Mai 2013, 09:35 »
Alright I did a complete reinstall and patched to 2.01, I no longer get an error, however it instead doesn't even start the game. I hit the "Start Edain Mod" and the launcher closes and the game doesn't start.

I turned off the mod, but the normal game wouldn't start either, so I uninstalled the mod and the normal game still would not start, so I uninstalled RotWK and reinstalled and patched it again, and it worked fine.

Then I reinstalled the Edain Mod and (Not surprisingly) the same issue happened. The game won't start now.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #5 am: 8. Mai 2013, 09:57 »
Update the Switcher, then go to the tools tab. There is a button for fixing a not starting game. Click it. These bug has nothing to do with the mod, it is a problem with the game and windows vista/7/8.

Ethlin

• Hobbit
« Antwort #6 am: 9. Mai 2013, 02:04 »
I'm actually running Windows XP still. Regardless, I tried what you said and it still didn't work so I guess I'll just give up on it after 3 reinstalls : /

Der Hexenkönig von Angmar

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • Die Welt der Menschen wird untergehen!
« Antwort #7 am: 9. Mai 2013, 10:43 »
have you tried to start it as admin?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #8 am: 9. Mai 2013, 12:11 »
have you tried to start it as admin?
He has Windows XP, you do not have an option to start anything as administrator in it.

Did you also erase the game folders after uninstalling the game and the mod? It could be that there are some pieces of other mods left and thats why the mod is crashing. Do you have any other mods for BfME 2 or Rise of the Witchking installed?

We can say for sure, that this error is not an issue with the mod, since it works fine at thousands of other peoples computers.

Dralo

• Knappe Rohans
  • DragonLord
« Antwort #9 am: 9. Mai 2013, 12:55 »
did you patch BFME 2, too? There is a Patch 1.6 for bfme2 and 2.01 for rotwk, both is needed to have the edain work fine.

Or maybe there is a small problem with the language files of your (i guess) english bfme and the german edain mod. As I remember there may occur problems if the folder "lang" does not contain "GermanAudio.big" or "EnglishAudio.big" or something.
Turin, you're the master of edain installations^^ is this possible?