27. Apr 2024, 18:24 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 139928 mal)

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #180 am: 27. Okt 2015, 00:40 »
Because Eldar was already taken by a Mod at the time. xD

And well, I think the story was that the Team just wanted a cool sounding name, and that it shouldn't be a commonly known Name. Edain stuck with the Team and the Community, so it stayed. And after all: There are only Men in the Team, no Elves or Dwarves, so it sorta fits. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Okt 2015, 00:46 von Adamin »

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #181 am: 28. Okt 2015, 12:51 »
Thanks for reply. Indeed, better Edain than Men/Menschen :)

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #182 am: 4. Nov 2015, 15:48 »
Have you guys decided what the next faction to be released will be? Just a yes or no will do :p

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #183 am: 4. Nov 2015, 15:54 »
We do have all the factions planned, yes. We're not telling yet though :P
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #184 am: 4. Nov 2015, 16:02 »
Let's just hope for New Year Edain Surprise! :D [uglybunti]
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #185 am: 5. Nov 2015, 00:16 »
We do have all the factions planned, yes. We're not telling yet though :P
Well I guess I will have to accept it or face the wrath of the Necromancer himself! :P

I would bet money on the next faction being Angmar though. It has been hinted that both Rivendell and the Misty Mountains have work to go through so that only leaves 1, plus the mod hasn't added an evil faction for awhile.

Just me having fun  xD

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #186 am: 5. Nov 2015, 04:09 »
@Lord of Mordor

All the factions? Even those surplus 2 after all nine original factions? Interesting, the plot thickens :P.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #187 am: 5. Nov 2015, 13:32 »
Well I guess I will have to accept it or face the wrath of the Necromancer himself! :P

I would bet money on the next faction being Angmar though. It has been hinted that both Rivendell and the Misty Mountains have work to go through so that only leaves 1, plus the mod hasn't added an evil faction for awhile.

Just me having fun  xD

Well perhaps the demand for the Misty Mountains faction is so high that the Team is working their asses off to get this faction ready for the next release? We will find out someday, I just hope it will be MM xD!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #188 am: 5. Nov 2015, 15:14 »
I think they'll save the best for last :P.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #189 am: 6. Nov 2015, 04:50 »

Just me having fun  xD

Well perhaps the demand for the Misty Mountains faction is so high that the Team is working their asses off to get this faction ready for the next release? We will find out someday, I just hope it will be MM xD!
Ya, I am hoping for MM or Rivendell to be next.

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #190 am: 10. Nov 2015, 09:34 »
Hey ET, firstly I would like to thank you for your continued excellence at providing us all with quality gameplay.  It's really incredible.  Also, your ability as a team to last so long without abandoning the project is really laudable, and also incredibly rare.

One question I have is whether or not you continue to do significant work on unreleased factions before the release of another faction?  For example, in the month or so before the release of Lothloríen, did you work on the MM or Rivendell or Angmar at all?  I ask more because I'm curious if you prefer to focus on really polishing off what is next going to be released or if you like to work on all factions simultaneously, released and unreleased, with focus on the next faction to be released?
My other question is more about the teams internal work structure.  How defined are the roles each team member have?  I can make rough assumptions but I am curious if each team member sort of has a specific role or area?

Thanks again for such a great mod and keep up the good work.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #191 am: 10. Nov 2015, 10:39 »
You can find all team members and what they do in the readme, along with some few other people ;)

I think they work on whatever they feel like working on^^
Remember a lot of different unrelated news posts and images were posted during an announcement of a faction xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #192 am: 10. Nov 2015, 10:42 »

I'm not obviously part of the Edain Team, nor will I ever speak on their behalf (not about these specific and 'exclusive' matters, at least), but, I think that I can give you my personal idea basing on the brief experience I had with this project so far  :)

Even though it's very logical and quite natural assuming that once a new faction has been released all the energies should be conveyed to what has been announced as the next faction, it's also true that nothing really remains still regarding the other present factions.
If the Community or the Edain Team itself come out with very valuable and innovative ideas (especially regarding graphical and conceptual matters), I can assure you that very significant changes might be very likely to take place even in already-released factions (as it happened recently for the Dwarves).

This is really a never ending work in progress, and you certainly should expect possible future and unexpected changes, as Bilbo (old) being replaced by another hero and changing completely what it used to be its faction for other completely different outcomes.

Regarding the Edain Team's Members' role, even though there are obviously not very strict and definitive boundaries you can easily find the different areas of action and aspects of each Member in the Edain Readme, along with one can always notice itself after attending for some time the forums and having the possibility to interact directly with the Edain Team itself.

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30443.msg384732.html#msg384732

But, linked to this matter, I too have a curiosity.
Why are some Members Administrators (Rings) and are other ones of a sort of 'inferior' grade (Leaves of Lórien), more like Global Moderators?
Is it something concerning personal activity and story in this project, specific technical knowledge or something else?  :)

Greetings  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Nov 2015, 10:47 von DieWalküre »

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #193 am: 10. Nov 2015, 12:27 »
Why are some Members Administrators (Rings) and are other ones of a sort of 'inferior' grade (Leaves of Lórien), more like Global Moderators?
Is it something concerning personal activity and story in this project, specific technical knowledge or something else?  :)
Administrators are the highest authority on the MU. They stand above the moderators, who have their powers only within their own board. It has to do with the history of this website, I guess. It started back in 2008, and back then Edain was just one mod of many (well, not too many, but the point still stands :P). That's why it was called Modding Union, it was meant to be a place for all the BfME-modders to come together. While each team had a moderating function within its own board, the administrators were not only responsible for their own mod, but for the website itself. Ealendril is an administrator since day one, because he was a key figure in setting up the website, while other administrators were part of different mods (or in Simbyte's case, no team at all afaik). But with more and more mods dying out and the modders themselves leaving the MU, the admins had to be replaced.
Nowadays Edain is pretty much the only big mod left here, therefore the difference may not seem that big. But there are still things like setting up entirely new boards, banning members who violated the forum rules or in general all that website management and maintenance stuff that only the administrators can do. ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #194 am: 10. Nov 2015, 14:31 »

Thank you, Elendil's Cousin, for this 'historical' overview  ;)