1. Mai 2024, 04:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Lorien in general  (Gelesen 21519 mal)

Prince Of Ithilien

• Hobbit
Lorien in general
« am: 3. Apr 2015, 00:27 »
Hello, I have a small idea for Lorien. As an option for there small build plots they should be able to build some sort of tower or tree house, it could be based off of the tree that Haldir stayed in in the Fellowship where he was guarding the northern borders of Lorien. It could be similar to Rohans tower but instead of healing perhaps it gives off an ability that strengthens allied units. Just an idea because Lorien is one of my favorite factions.
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Jul 2015, 13:53 von TiberiusOgden »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: Lorien
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Apr 2015, 18:21 »
I completely agree concerning external Lorien defense system according to lore ... and I think that team perfectly implemented it through upgrades for Mallorn trees, which are only on settlements.  :)
Zitat
The Mallorn Trees remain resource buildings but can be improve by different upgrades:
You can still only choose one effect, so the player has to decide on a tactic and link the chosen bonus to it. Every improvement has its own advantages. The following upgrades are available for the Mallorn Trees:

- Border Guard Spypost: Doubles the line of sight of the Mallorn Tree.
- Swirling Fog: Allies around the tree are concealed.
- Protective Ward: Enemies around the Mallorn Tree suffer a 20% armor penalty.
- Spell of the Dark Queen (Perequisite: Galadriel accepted the One Ring): The Mallorn tree deals damage to nearby enemies.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/news/the-road-to-edain-40-lothlorien-part-1

So we can say that another defensive building is not necessary because such functions will have Mallorn trees.

And Lorien is my favourite faction, too.  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Apr 2015, 18:30 von TiberiusOgden »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 14. Apr 2015, 00:10 »
As a first post, I couldn't avoid posting something on this thread  :P

By the way, Lothlórien is my favourite faction too, and its leader in particular :)
I really believe that this faction will be one of the most interesting ones of the Edain Mod 4.0 :)

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #3 am: 14. Apr 2015, 03:33 »
I love how the team is approaching mallorn tree as exemplified by Tiberius.
But I believe there still should an another tree settlement which should work as a watchtower tree, not a mallorn one, defended by at least three archers where you can recruit archers and border guards.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 14. Apr 2015, 19:25 »
I don't think that a 'new' type of tree settlement is necessary; according to the lore and the characteristics of this special faction, the Mallorn trees are the heart and the main element of the enchanted Golden Wood, being at the same time houses, defensive towers, palaces and other structures.
That's why I appreciated very much the choice of the Edain Team of having made the main Tree House of the settlement the heart and the centre of the settlement itself, where you can buy upgrades, recruit simple and 'advanced' units, alongside the heroes of this realm.

This is how Lothlórien works; it's not a 'common' region, like the territories of Gondor or Rohan, where you can build or expand freely; the Golden Wood is a 'magic', protected and watchful realm, with definite borders :)

Instead of defensive towers or 'walls', I personally would prefer more to find a way to tie the defense of the settlement to the power of Nenya and Galadriel :)

« Letzte Änderung: 22. Jun 2015, 04:25 von DieWalküre »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 23. Apr 2015, 18:47 »
By the way - nice Avatar  ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 23. Apr 2015, 21:20 »
By the way - nice Avatar  ;)

Thank you  :P

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 23. Apr 2015, 21:30 »
White Galadriel for you, 'Mermaid' Galadriel for me :)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 23. Apr 2015, 21:41 »
I think that it would be nice to see your Moddb blog also somewhere here.  :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #9 am: 23. Apr 2015, 23:23 »
Really? I could do it, but I don't think the Edain Team will ever add Valinor as a faction  :P

I'm willing to add a bit more to the blog, a little update  ;)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: 23. Apr 2015, 23:26 »
Really? I could do it, but I don't think the Edain Team will ever add Valinor as a faction  :P

Here are not sections only about modding.  ;)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #11 am: 24. Apr 2015, 16:37 »

I'm willing to add a bit more to the blog, a little update  ;)

You can start a post in OFF Topic^^

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #12 am: 25. Apr 2015, 19:50 »
Then, I will do it  :) Wait a few days  :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #13 am: 29. Apr 2015, 16:15 »
Speaking about Galadriel's 'bright' form from BOTFA, that she takes when she orders Radagast to flee from Dol Guldur, after she has banished Sauron, there is a flash and a violent shock and she returns to her normal appearance; but, before this scene, there is a very fast photogram (that I managed to capture  :P) of her, still holding her phial, covered in a deep white light.
Probably this is the look that she should have had, according to the ideas of Philippa Boyens; I still hope to see something more in the Extended Edition, because the all White Council deserves it :)

I really like her phial, it is her own personal item, as it is the bow for Legolas and Tauriel, or the two swords for Thranduil; I would really like to do something about the phial, a tiny but powerful reflection of the holy light of the Silmarils  8-|
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Jun 2015, 04:26 von DieWalküre »

BuddhaCAT

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #14 am: 21. Jun 2015, 18:22 »
I agree with the main theme in this thread. Lorien is a unique faction closely connected to the land with a "heart" as their center of their golden realm. Therefore the Mallorn trees are perfect of "extending" the reach of the golden wood and also the power of Galadriel and Nenya. I am very interested in the concept of linking Nenya to the buildings of Lorien :-) Do you have any suggestions to this Die Walkurie