19. Mär 2024, 09:44 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Outpost  (Gelesen 37122 mal)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
Re: Outpost
« Antwort #45 am: 27. Okt 2015, 14:51 »
well the lvl 10 spell can be gandalf with a horde of full upgraded rohirims and the outpost can be the same upgrade as it is in the spell

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #46 am: 27. Okt 2015, 18:39 »
Hold on guys, that's actually a pretty neat idea from Gandalf himself!

You have the Helm's Deep charge made by Eomer and Gandalf the White, accompanied by Rohirrim from the Eastfold and perhaps combined with a short daybreak stun?

I am personally more in favour of making the Muster Camp on the outpost as well, but I have little idea as to what would replace it in the 10pp spell.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #47 am: 27. Okt 2015, 18:51 »
well not eomer because in the books he was in the fortress of helms deep gandalf and Erkenbrand but since he is a captain only gandalf can summon with the rohirims the stun thing

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #48 am: 27. Okt 2015, 19:03 »
Rohan in Edain is actually based on the movies, not on the books. So the Eomer thing is fine.

"That still only counts as one!"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #49 am: 27. Okt 2015, 23:33 »
but it can not work because he is a mass slayer of rohan faction unless after you got the lvl 10 spell he comes at lvl 10 and he will stay there permanently

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #50 am: 19. Nov 2015, 19:46 »
Another random idea I got for a new final spell: something called like "Great mobilisation"; for the same amount of time than the cooldown of the spell, camps -which would now be available on outposts- are greatly improved (period between two troops decreased, new options available or even faster training of cavalry in stables). In compensation, peasants take longer to train in settlements and are more expensive.

Not sure how cool it would be in game, but you guys might like it. By the way I also like previous suggestions but I believe the team is not 100% convinced yet, that's why I'm heading back into battle. :D

"That still only counts as one!"

The_Spin

• Hobbit
« Antwort #51 am: 9. Dez 2015, 02:01 »
Agree, a Westfold Settlement/Village where you can bulid Rohan elite infantry but limited between 2-4 units. Westfold is constantly armed for war, as the Rohirrim inhabiting this region have constently to defend from Dunland raiders from the North and West, so it kinda makes sense. With Central Building the Golden Hall, a Settlement upgrade, wich will give you a couple of village buildings that generate resources, a defence upgrade that will add some towers and fences, increase building's hp and unlock defensive buildplots and Westmark Hall (Barracks) which will allow you to recruit these units. As for the orn of Helm Hammerhand thats easy, just replace cloudbreak

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #52 am: 9. Dez 2015, 02:29 »
Well I don't know, cloud break really originates from Rohan. The scene where Théoden arrives at Minas Tirith and the clouds are breaking behind his army, just breathtaking. The Horn isn't as epic as cloudbreak.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

The_Spin

• Hobbit
« Antwort #53 am: 9. Dez 2015, 19:21 »
Well pull a poll, if the community wants so bad the Horn of Hammerhand. What I'm saying is that all needs to be done is to change the power icon and description and edit the sound. Technically no new power, same effect, stuns enemy units for a sort time all over the map (I know it has nothing to do with the outpost, lust my opinion on this)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #54 am: 10. Dez 2015, 04:48 »
Yes I know what you meant, but what I'm saying is that I don't think its suitable to replace cloud break with Helms Horn, because cloud break literally comes from the scene in return of the king where Théoden shows up. The Horn is only in Helms Deep, and even though I initially proposed my idea to add the horn to an outpost, I now think it would just be better to have it as a map specific feature.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #55 am: 16. Dez 2015, 18:17 »
I agree with Elite.
There are very valid conceptual and gameplay reasons to change the clouds-break-type spells for the other good factions.
But not for Rohan (and maybe Gondor, at a certain degree).

This is a comment of mine that I posted on ModDB regarding the same matter (was it you, maybe, the guest who made that question?)  :)

Zitat
As far as I know, the clouds break is exactly designed both graphically and conceptually on the arrival of the Rohirrim in the Pelennor Fields (in which took place a fundamental event that refers both to Rohan and Gondor).
Furthermore, since this is an iconic spell from BFME1, and both Rohan and Gondor are the original and first good factions from the vanilla game, I think that this spell should be maintained ;)

If we talk about conceptual changes to fit the diversity of each faction, other factions rightly deserved and deserve a change about weather-type spells, as it happened with the Dwarves (Durin's Day) and Lothlórien (Elbereth Gilthoniel), and as it might probably happen with Rivendell.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #56 am: 18. Dez 2015, 13:57 »
I agree with Elite.
There are very valid conceptual and gameplay reasons to change the clouds-break-type spells for the other good factions.
But not for Rohan (and maybe Gondor, at a certain degree).

This is a comment of mine that I posted on ModDB regarding the same matter (was it you, maybe, the guest who made that question?)  :)

Zitat
As far as I know, the clouds break is exactly designed both graphically and conceptually on the arrival of the Rohirrim in the Pelennor Fields (in which took place a fundamental event that refers both to Rohan and Gondor).
Furthermore, since this is an iconic spell from BFME1, and both Rohan and Gondor are the original and first good factions from the vanilla game, I think that this spell should be maintained ;)

If we talk about conceptual changes to fit the diversity of each faction, other factions rightly deserved and deserve a change about weather-type spells, as it happened with the Dwarves (Durin's Day) and Lothlórien (Elbereth Gilthoniel), and as it might probably happen with Rivendell.
What the Elf Queen said ;)

Canis carcharothias

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #57 am: 19. Dez 2015, 10:20 »
The horn is really close in time from the arrival of Gandalf and the rohirrim; and the so called "cloud break". So if you want both, why not rename the spell "first light of the fifth day" or "dawn of the fifth day" or something alike and change the effect of the spell in a way that the horn is heard, and then, the "cloud break" happens?

Same effect if you wish, same duration, so, same tier.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #58 am: 19. Dez 2015, 14:49 »
We're talking about the battle of the Pelennor Fields, not the battle of Helms Deep. That's a good idea for a unique spell for Helms Deep though.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #59 am: 19. Dez 2015, 17:41 »
I feel this subject has gone a bit off topic. For everybody's sake I suggest that this topic be either renamed, split off into new multiple topics or a new topic be created to discuss Rohan's spell book as suggested by Elite Kryptik
That's a good idea, but it doesn't belong in the outpost suggestions thread, you should make your own thread that way it is more likely to get noticed.
The base idea was to discuss a new outpost for Rohan, to refocus the topic I will list the main points of the subject so far.

From what I've read (can't remember where though) the team was opposed to a specific sub-faction since Rohan was known both lore-wise and through its spell book to have the most temporary allies, never truly forging bonds with any other race.

However some very nice idea have been put up that are valid concepts for new special outposts and yet respect the team's decision not to add any new allies, for precision's sake I will also list the ones that go against this wish so they can be discussed.

Edoras Concept
JOLNIR JOLAREIDI proposed on the German forum this concept and has copy-pasted-translated it to the English forum.

The basics are simple; it would cost 800 and produce resources, like an expensive farm but can also be upgraded to add towers that can attack once garrisoned. Upgrade them again and they will attack on their own. The second upgrade would reduce troop upgrade cost (One village 5%, 2 villages 10% and 3 villages 20%). The third upgrade would give a boost to riders with banner carriers along with a graphical change, the boost would include 10% speed bonus and slower trample deceleration. Fourth upgrade would reinforce the defenses of the village. All the upgrades so far would cost 500. The last upgrade at 750 can only be obtained once Théoden is freed and reinforces the power of the previous upgrade.

Full post for accuracy:

Dunharrow camp
Suggested by Adrigabbro the concept was to take the 10pp power for the camp and have it as an outpost with the same functionality.
My only problem with is that is whether or not the player would be able to create multiple ones how the team would balance it.

Full post for accuracy:

Horn of Helm Hammerhand
Elite Kryptik proposed that to have the Horn of Helm Hammerhand implemented which would serve a small bastion to rally too. Costing 2k, it would be able to be garrisoned by 3-archer battalion and have a stun ability represented as the sounding of the horn.

I am rooting for that one, it would be nice to develop and I think it is a great way to implement that, after some minor tweaking it will definitely look great.

Full post for accuracy

Mini-Helms Deep
Similar to Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur this suggestion come from Tienety. At 2k this mini representation of Helm's deep would be manned by several archers and heal nearby troops. It would include the Horn of Helm Hammerhand spell (similar to suggestion above) and would allow peasants to "get and better value and new design" similar to the spell book power in 3.8.1. Another idea was to have royal guard on foot at a max of three battalions.

I, personally, do not like this idea. While Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur are entirely separate orc types and the castles were continously inhabited by various powerful creatures during the WOTR and the hobbit Helms deep was merely a refuge manned by the same man of Rohan then the rest of the country.

Full post for accuracy

Big Village Concept
Similar to both the Edoras concept and Helm's deep concept but a bit different it is suggested once again by Tienety. This village would have three options: military camp to upgrade Rohan's infantry, the village stables to allow selected peasant, farmhand and archers to get horse or residence of the royal guard recruiting 3 battalions of royal guard on foot.
It will also include a defense mechanism, a passive heal and the recruitment of lv2 peasant and farmhands.

This is a solid idea that I also support. Ever possibility seems quite realistic and fits quite well with the lore.

Full post for accuracy:

Outpost Idea from MCCL
It is sooo long, I will copy paste it here.

I like this idea it fits the theme that Edain is trying to bring (I believe) and it is a nice idea that i could definitely see myself enjoying.

Other suggestions
Draco100000 suggested a sort of inn where the player could recruit wardens from ( Haldir's elves).

There, now let us refocus and output something the team can have a single look at and understand what we are saying and see how it works.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/