28. Apr 2024, 16:20 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Company of...Eight?  (Gelesen 14520 mal)

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
The Company of...Eight?
« am: 5. Jul 2015, 21:13 »
Let me just start out by saying that I really love the work that has been done on the mod, especially with the Dwarf factions.

It does kind of bother me that (in a future date when the Elves are released) the entire Fellowship may be summoned, all nine Ringwraiths...and only eight members of the Company permanently? (Dwalin, Balin, Thorin, Kili, Fili, Bofur, Bilbo and, if another Dwarf player/AI is on the map as Erebor, old Gloin). I guess the main reason would be that it would be difficult to create unique quotes and abilities for six more Dwarf heroes.

I wonder if there would be any way of implementing all the members of the Company as permanent summons, the same way Kili and Fili are with Thorin. Make them penultimate abilities (unlocked at lvls 7, 8 or 9).
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: The Company of...Eight?
« Antwort #1 am: 5. Jul 2015, 21:50 »
The problem is that there is a maximum amount of heroes, you can add for a faction. As you have to combine all heroes of all three realms, you can't have many heroes for the dwarven faction, which are normally buildable. Summonable heroes would also loose all their levels after dying.

Those are two of the reasons why we don't have all heroes permanently.

The only possibility would be something like Fili&Kili, but I'm personally quite happy with the current implementation.^^

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #2 am: 5. Jul 2015, 22:53 »
I am actually fine with the current system! :) I like how the Team implemended all Heroes in some way!And we do not have to forget that having so much Heroes will get complicated and hard to play and coordinate,so I think it is good the way it is! :)
The only thing that I am not so satisfied is that Balin is no longer playable in Erebor and Iron hills and that Dain is not playable in Ered Luin where for him I think wil lbe good to have some role after all he would help his keen if needed as shown in BoFA! :)
But that aside I think the Dwarven heroes are fine as they are! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 6. Jul 2015, 08:24 »
I like currect system for Ered Luin. I think this heroe group(similarly like Black riders) would be suitable for Erebor. Maybe Dain or Gloin(on level 10) can summon permanently or temporarily all surviving members of Thorin company (Dwalin, Bofur, Bifur, Dori and Nori). I think rest of the Thorin company probably also defended Erebor against easterlings in book. xD

Of course, they should have gray/white hairs and beards. Also, they can have Erebor armor from movie:
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Jul 2015, 10:08 von Tienety »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #4 am: 7. Jul 2015, 15:11 »
It is a good idea but I tihnk Gloin is better as being part of the Company itself and also I do not want to lose the cool power of Dain! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 7. Jul 2015, 20:10 »
It is a good idea but I tihnk Gloin is better as being part of the Company itself and also I do not want to lose the cool power of Dain! :)

I think Gloin should remain as normal hero. He had an important role in LOTR story. If Gloin is removed, who will be the new hero for Erebor?
Do you mean this Dain's summon barracks ability?  :o
This hero units would be more interesting ability than the only building. I have a feeling that Dain's summon building ability is not fit for bfme 1 building system. You disagree?  8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Jul 2015, 10:08 von Tienety »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 7. Jul 2015, 21:46 »
Well I do not think the Summon Buildings is fiting so much may be a Summon a Battalion of Each Possible Dwarven Kingdom at the time,2 Battalions at once,Ered LUin,Iron hills,Grey Mountains and erc! :)
I think Gloin should summon them that is what I meant! :)

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 7. Jul 2015, 22:23 »
Well I do not think the Summon Buildings is fiting so much may be a Summon a Battalion of Each Possible Dwarven Kingdom at the time,2 Battalions at once,Ered LUin,Iron hills,Grey Mountains and erc! :)
I think Gloin should summon them that is what I meant! :)

Oh, sorry. I guess you are right this summon would be better for Gloin on level 10. I think this battalion should have five abilities. One ability for every character in the group(Dwalin, Bofur, Bifur, Dori and Nori).

If I know Dain(iron Hills version) has very similar ability on level 10. But I have a solution and new ability for Dain in Iron Hills:  8-)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #8 am: 7. Jul 2015, 22:26 »
Another good idea!But it wil lbe fiting only if they intigrate the Ram Riders somwhere in the Irn hills! :(

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 7. Jul 2015, 22:28 »
I think that Tienety is currently recordman concerning number of suggestions here on MU forums. :P :D

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #10 am: 7. Jul 2015, 22:32 »
Well I was in EIC :D :D He is here continuing my work and even better!! I ahveo nly respect for him for standing for his ideas and opinion! :) go go Tienety! :)

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: 7. Jul 2015, 22:51 »
I think that Tienety is currently recordman concerning number of suggestions here on MU forums. :P :D
Yes, maybe in a Dwarven section but I think you will have more ideas for Lorien and Imladris. :D

Well I was in EIC :D :D He is here continuing my work and even better!! I ahveo nly respect for him for standing for his ideas and opinion! :) go go Tienety! :)
Sorry, i don't have more ideas for now. xD
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Jul 2015, 23:25 von Tienety »

The Dark Lord

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #12 am: 10. Jul 2015, 11:24 »
I havent read the holl topic but where dwarves on goat mentiond they could make a battalion with goats but tha batalion nog bigger than 3 or 4 riders what do you think sorry of this alreaddy was mentiond ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #13 am: 10. Jul 2015, 13:41 »
I think the best will be 4 Battalions  of 10 Soldiers!! :-)

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: 11. Jul 2015, 09:38 »
I havent read the holl topic but where dwarves on goat mentiond they could make a battalion with goats but tha batalion nog bigger than 3 or 4 riders what do you think sorry of this alreaddy was mentiond ;)
I wrote similar idea here:  8-)
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31195.0.html
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Jul 2015, 10:11 von Tienety »