19. Mär 2024, 06:39 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Elrond - Lord of Imladris  (Gelesen 106740 mal)

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
Re: Elrond - Lord of Imladris
« Antwort #225 am: 25. Jan 2016, 23:12 »
As a huge fan of Elrond, thought I would wade into the crazy waters of this thread! I recently made a general list of Imladris suggestions, and an Elrond Rework was part of it. DieWalküre directed me this way, so I thought I might as well share it.

Elrond Halfelven

Lvl 1 – Flood: Same as in 3.8, this unleashes a small 2 horse flood that deals medium damage to units and negligible damage to structures. With One Ring – Become Wrath of the Bruinen – Full scale flood

Lvl 3 – Elrond’s Wisdom: Same ability as in 3.8.1, grants XP to targeted hero. With One Ring – Makes target hero lvl 10

Lvl 5 – Lord of Rivendell (passive): Elrond dons his armor from BOTFA, gaining bonus armor, damage, and providing leadership to surrounding units. With One Ring – Becomes High King of the Noldor – Elrond takes up the crown of Gil-Galad and leads the Noldor to a new age in Middle Earth, further increasing all gains made from ‘Lord of Rivendell’

Lvl 8 – Vilya the Ring of Air (passive): The power of Vilya helps to slow the fading of the Eldar, and allows the preservation of Rivendell through the Third Age. Reduces damage taken by building in the elven base and slowly heals allied units within the base proper. With One Ring – Becomes Aman in Arda – The power of the One Ring allows Middle-Earth to be remade in the image of Valinor, as is the dream of the Noldor. All Elven structures take massively reduced damage and heal all elven units in their vicinity swiftly, but dunedain allied units take continuous damage – a reference to how men would wear thin if they lived in the land eternal.

Lvl 10 – Rejuvenation: Elrond is the greatest healer of the Eldar on middle earth. Same effect as in the base game, a heal and ability reset. However, to make it worthy of lvl 10, I believe that in difference to base heals, Rejuvenation would heal units FULLY. With One Ring – Becomes Vilya Unbound; AKA TORNADO TIME. Elrond, now as High King, uses the power of the one to free the 3 Elven Rings. He no longer has time to devote to healing, save in extreme circumstances, so he loses Rejuvenation and regains his iconic tornado, which seemed slightly out of place as a base ability.

So, from what I have seen, the main questions in this thread have had to do about the Whirlwind, mounting, and how best to implement Vilya.

While I'm not too attached to the Whirlwind and would be willing to let it go, I'm not quite sure what I would replace in its spot for the ring-hero Elrond. I know there's a thread for that too, but my proposal in my Imladris thread has both in one, so you'll just have to deal with it.

Generally though, if we wanted to get rid of the tornado in my proposal, we could just make an amped up version of restoration for Ring-Hero Elrond.

As my proposal says, I personally believe Vilya's power is a passive and pervasive one, strengthening the buildings and surroundings of Imladris, not an active power that directly interacts with the world. Elrond's innate healing talents are what would go into the iconic rejuvenation ability. The passive of Vilya would replace the Tornado, arguably trading an active power of Vilya for a passive one.

For mounting, while the image of a rider on a horse is one used to depict a strong military leader, Elrond in my opinion does not need one.

Imladris should be one of the worst cavalry factions in Edain, because it has definitly the best melee units in game. Personally i think that a horse doesnt fit for Elronds gameplay and role. He is a mass slayer with support abilities. Maybe you should discuse this once more.....if you want.^^

I personally agree with Ealendril on this one. Rivendell in my mind is an infantry-heavy faction, not calvary based. As such, it seems to me enough that Glorfindel and Arwen can mount, while Elrond leads the infantry.

And yes, I'm aware now that the team has no plans to make the BOTFA armor, but I didn't know when I made the proposal.
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #226 am: 26. Jan 2016, 00:22 »
Yes, this topic is quite wide and vast, like the wild yet free lands of Middle Earth  xD

As you can see, many suggestions have been made, and many answers have been given too.
Just, the only quite clear element I feel to point at is the very probable intention of the Edain Team of replacing Elrond's tornado with a more lore accurate and suitable representation of Vilya; and, I completely agree with you about the main characteristics that this new ability should have in order to display accurately the real nature of this Ring and the Three Rings in general, as we wrote and discussed about both in this section and in the lore one  :)

Slowing the flow of Time and decay of the World, recreating a mortal reflection of the Undying Lands.

This is the core of everything; something that could be greatly implemented in the gameplay, focusing on what makes also Rivendell specific and unique (preservation, healing, protection, sanctuary-like atmosphere,...).
So, as I have always indicated as well in my previous posts, this proposal has my total approval.

There is also a comment of Ealendril which seems to go in this same direction  :)

Zitat
So you also agree that whirlwind is quite exaggerated and that vilya should better fit to the rest of elven rings. As we suggested - some ultimate heal fits perfectly and such heal is de facto currently implemented at level 8 in the game (I think). There can be only change for higher level and the picture of vilya will be the same as well.

Yes, thats what i meant.^^

P.S. My previous considerations about this matter.

« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jan 2016, 00:34 von DieWalküre »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #227 am: 26. Jan 2016, 05:26 »
This thread is almost bigger than the vast armies of Gorgoroth, so i'll add my two cents.
When it comes to the abilities I personally think that it is more fit for Elrond to gain improved abilities as he gains level, although maybe not that much. I think the abilities should have only 4 forms: standard, upgrades 1&2 and ring form.

For "Flood" I think that it should be something like Level 1: 1 horse, Level 4: 2 horses, Level 7: 4 horses and then the ring ability would be a full scale flood like in vanilla.

On Elrond's advice it's the other way around, I think we should have some upgrades as he gains levels to show his knowledge expanding as time goes. Therefore on the level it's unlocked it should grant quarter of a level of xp and level 10 it should grant a full level. This would make a real difference between his beginning self and his former self.

Armor of the High Elves
Nothing to say here, I like the concept presented by VectorMaximus

Vilya
Here I think the passive ability nailed it, I really don't see Elrond mounting a horse, he is barely seen like that and it doesn't fit him as a unit supporter to be able to charge head first into battle ahead of all the troops. I would probably change the effect of the though to less damage and small armor or damage buff and then once he ceases the ring make it that they heal.

Rejuvenation
I also really like that concept, as for the tornado I seem to remember a long time ago that somebody proposed the idea of putting them together. While it is not the most lore-accurate it could be that once Elrond gains the one ring he no longer wishes just to protect but to make all of Middle-Earth like Valinor and therefore all of his abilities take a slight offense role giving us this:

Elrond's Advice
Can now be cast on enemy heroes, the heroes listen to the commanding voice of Elrond which leads them to their own doom. They can't gain experience and their abilities recharge slower for 1 minute.

Vylia
The might and will of Elrond to make all of Middle-Earth like Valinor spreads through the foundations of the earth and hinders the enemy buildings. Settlements, and settlements only, now only produce half as much, or train units half as fast.

Finally rejuvenation becomes a passive heal which can transform into an active tornado once the player clicks on it , representing Elrond unstoppable will.

Obviously this will need tweaking since even from where I'm standing it seems a bit op but the key concept that I(m trying to show here is the corruption that the ring brings to the hero, amplifying their flaws by a hundredth and multiplying the extent of their deepest desires by a million.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #228 am: 26. Jan 2016, 14:16 »
I could see the flood getting upgraded as he levels up. However, I think the Elrond's Advice has to give more XP then what you are describing, or at least have a low cooldown, otherwise it doesn't seem like its worth much.

Me and DieWalküre discussed in my Imladris thread about the Tornado. Here's what we said.

Especially, in some of the last pages, I had pointed out the fact that I didn't and still don't like a tornado (therefore a destructive representation of Magic) to be related to the healing and preserving nature of Vilya, which, as you rightly wrote, was made to create a sort of mortal reflection of Valinor/Eldamar/Eressëa in Middle Earth, in a mournful and sad desire of recreating what the Eldar had lost after having chosen the Exile from Aman (very recurrent theme in their creations).

My response;

I do agree heavily that the Whirlwind is highly out of place and is not canonical at all - but it is such a iconic ability I felt somewhat guilty about removing it completely, so I believed that it was an appropriate ability for a ring-hero, showing the destructive capability of the One while removing his rejuvenation, showing that even though Elrond could wield the One and its might, it would come at a cost, in this case, his ability to heal.

So my personal opinion still aligns with my original proposal - Remove rejuvenation and give Elrond back his Whirlwind as Ring-Hero. This would show the rings corruptive and more destructive nature, as well as preserving one of his iconic abilities. However, as I've said before, I don't care an immense amount about the tornado. In my opinion its far more important to get Vilya implemented correctly (preferably as the passive I described). :)

Elrond's Advice
Can now be cast on enemy heroes, the heroes listen to the commanding voice of Elrond which leads them to their own doom. They can't gain experience and their abilities recharge slower for 1 minute.

Vylia
The might and will of Elrond to make all of Middle-Earth like Valinor spreads through the foundations of the earth and hinders the enemy buildings. Settlements, and settlements only, now only produce half as much, or train units half as fast.

Finally rejuvenation becomes a passive heal which can transform into an active tornado once the player clicks on it , representing Elrond unstoppable will.

I really like your idea for the One-Ring upgrade for Elrond's Advice. Would it still give XP to allied heroes its cast on? Also, I believe that the Witch-King(Angmar) as the ring-hero had the ability you're talking about, hindering production globally (though I'm not sure if it will be in 4.0).
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jan 2016, 14:19 von VectorMaximus »
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Spacetyrant93

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #229 am: 26. Jan 2016, 15:53 »
Huge thread is huge XD

As Elrond is among my favorite heroes, I'd like to put my two cents in. I agree with Tiberius's original idea (first post), as he loses pretty much nothing of what he was and gains new, iconic abilities.

I really liked his original flood and the fact that it gets stronger as he levels up, (ike he's getting the hang of it XD) plus it's a really lore based iconic abilit of his, so it should stay.

Zitat
On Elrond's advice it's the other way around, I think we should have some upgrades as he gains levels to show his knowledge expanding as time goes. Therefore on the level it's unlocked it should grant quarter of a level of xp and level 10 it should grant a full level. This would make a real difference between his beginning self and his former self.

This I approve, given that Rivendell's base is the studying and learning of ancient crafts and arts, it really fits here.

About the horse, I see no actual problem with him riding one, as one could think he patrols the borders of his land with his soldiers. Despite whatever role Imladrish might have among the other faction cavalry-wise, I believe Elrond would be fit to be able to ride, since he, just like Arwen, has been shown on horseback.
Also, one thing I always really liked about Elrond, was the fact that, unlike many other mounted Elves (except Thranduil) his steed is dark in color. Asfaloth (both Aren's and Glorfindel's XD) is a white stallion, and in AUJ too the guards rode steeds that were mostly white-gray, but Elrond's mount was dark brown, that perfectly fit his armor and hair color. Stupid point I know, but still, I really think it helps him stand out.

For the armor thing, I actually prefer the AUJ one, but since that's already implemented, that goes fine by me. The robe is fine, as it creates a theme with the other Elven Lords (Celeborn and Thranduil both start with robes, and later get Armor). As for the Dol Guldur armor, It would really fit his level 10, giving resistance to magic and a little stronger stats, just a little bit though. True, that would be yet another skin to work on and all that, but to be fair, Elrond has the most varied wardrobe we've seen among Elves (benefitting also for being among the most recurring characters right after Gandalf). Plus, once the player has Imladris's other troops all golden, he would seem...diminished with the brown armor. And it would be different from Thranduil, whose troops were colored in the bronze of sapling trees, but he himself wore a freaking silver piece (with Mithril elements it's speculated). So Elrond going from dark and silvery to golden would not really be out of place.
PS: I prefer Dol Guldur armor to Last Alliance, more elaborate and those freaking green pants! It's always a punch in the eye when I see them DX

I agree about the power of Vilya, as it fits perfectly. But I would add that the buildings in the base also get a passive repair that's a bit faster than the usual, which might be a bit much, but still, it's a level 10 ability we're talking about here. Lore accuracy has already be widely explained :)
Perhaps, though, this would downplay Narya...

But, I also go with The Necromancer0's Ring hero suggestion, especially the part where Vilya gets passive healing and goes Tornado! It fits with the One Ring part, and Ealendril  said he's a mass slayer, so a tornado helps that.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #230 am: 27. Jan 2016, 00:11 »
I would just like to add something else I really consider useful for the discussion, in my opinion.

As I have already wrote on VectorMaximus' Imladris thread, the One Ring mechanism of Imladris will probably be radically changed, along with the faction's Ring Hero, of course.
Something really innovative and definitely more accurate, as it has always been a bit problematic trying to imagine Elrond or another High Elf of his 'court' using such an evil tool, with also destructive powers at hand.

There is a specific topic regarding this interesting question: will Rivendell's mechanics concerning the One Ring change in the 4.0 version?
In that same topic, you will see that I and other people tried also to give solid lore facts and explanations to object many Elven characters that were brought into the debate as suitable candidates as possible new Ring Heroes.

So, if I can give an advice, I wouldn't focus, now, on Elrond and the One Ring, unless official news are revealed by the Edain Team (and I won't say anything too)  :)

Regardless of that, I agree with the points raised about Vilya and the healing/restoring conceptual nature of Elrond himself; also, if it depended on me, I would just totally replace the tornado (if it will be still available via different forms/powers) as an inappropriate ability for this particular hero, and find another one that could fit better (determined by the general boundaries we examined so far).

My statement about Elrond as a Ring Hero.

Zitat
If you scroll down a bit this section, you will find that they were made other proposals about Elrond and the One Ring, being his case maybe the most problematic one to be related to a totally evil artefact like the One Ring itself.
Specifically, in this thread you will see that the Edain Team will probably find another more innovative solution for Imladris, rather than the regular Ring Hero that tries to control the One Ring and to bend its powers with different results depending on the faction.

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30970.msg392588.html#msg392588

I think that I know what we could possibly see, but I won't reveal anything, not even speculations, if it is not officially announced by the Edain Team itself  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jan 2016, 00:20 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #231 am: 31. Jul 2016, 23:03 »
This very iconic and significant thread has been moved to the proper place it rightly belongs to, in hopes that it will still continue to be a gathering place for every suggestion regarding our beloved Lord of Imladris  :)

MOVED

Amandil7

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #232 am: 1. Aug 2016, 01:32 »
Judging from the beta videos, i think Elrond's level 10 ability should maybe last a bit longer and do slightly more damage.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #233 am: 21. Jan 2019, 04:51 »
Don't tell me that we are not able to find lore-friendly effect for Vilya, which is problably the mightiest from all three elven rings ...
Zitat
forged by Celebrimbor and his smiths with the desire of "understanding, making, and healing" and granted the power to preserve all things unstained

To look at it more closely:

Narya, ring of fire -  power to inspire others to resist tyranny, as well as (in common with the other Three Rings) hiding the wielder from remote observation (except by the wielder of the One) and giving resistance to the weariness of time.

In game: Level 1: Narya's Inspiration -  Cirdan uses his Ring to kindle fiery courage in the heart of his allies. Units around Cirdan gain +25% armor. When the ability is activated the bonus will be increased to +50% armor and damage. However, once the duration of the ability expires the passive leadrship will be disabled until the ability is fully recharged.

Nenya, ring of water - power was preservation, protection, and probably concealment from evil.

In game: Rank 10: Nenya's Cleansing. All allied units and buildings on the map are continously healed for a long duration. Units in the vicinity of heroes with Gifts of Lorien additionally become fearless and can't be knocked to the ground. Buildings in the vicinity of heroes with Gifts are immune to fire.

Vilya, ring of air - the same like Nenya - preservation, protection ...

In game: Level 10: Vilya's Wrath - Elrond uses his Elven Ring of Air, Vilya, to summon a raging whirlwind around himself which will heavily damage surrounding enemy units, knocking them down and drawing them towards Elrond. Left click to activate.
Ok ...   xD ... We've made great progress since vanilla whirlwind ... but still ...  :P

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #234 am: 21. Jan 2019, 19:41 »

Ok ...   xD ... We've made great progress since vanilla whirlwind ... but still ...  :P

Marvellous progress, I would say. A thread destined to serve as a prime example of how one actually carries on a very dense, intricate conversation. Secondarily, it proves to the whole modding universe that major concepts do help and contribute, even though they end up being partially accepted. A very long-term influence, spreading and propagating its radius down to the foundations of the forum 8-)

As for Elrond, do you have still some suggestions for Vilya?
Albeit not the most imaginative or creative rendition ever, I'm quite fine with the current solution. It's true that we had envisioned the Ring of Air being characterised by a strong healing connotation, as thus says the common lore. However, a global rejuvenating ability would clash with the new overhauled Nenya, which affects both units and structures. Another issue is represented by his restoration skill, which already provides us with that healing theme we're looking for.

Needless to say, the very role of our Half-Elven Lord is a bit problematical. I remember you naming him a true 'mix man'. He is, indeed. Very versatile and agile. Primarily, he occupies the position of a unit-supporter hero, due to his immense experience as commander since the First Age; that's exactly symbolised by his leadership, combined with the fact that he may even lead his knights to battle. Then, Rage of the Loudwater and Restoration endow him respectively with mass-slayer and hero-supporter aspects.

In light of such reasoning, the leader of Imladris just needs a very effective ability as his ultimate feature; one that is able to nullify enemy resistance and breach opposing armies. Otherwise, I guess it would be pretty underwhelming of him, in case he had a supportive power available at level 10. The Lady of Light is maybe the only one who's verily worthy of such a privilege, because of her unusual role and function in the game.

What do you think?

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #235 am: 21. Jan 2019, 21:06 »
Elrond as a faction leader definitely deserves more importance ...
we've made quite a progress. Of course.

I am glad that my idea for his first ability was implemented ... adding water horses during levelling is the most unique skill in the game for me.  xD

Armour bonus which adds also AoE attack - fine and fits.

Horse - we shouldn't forget that we wanted horse for Elrond not only because of horse, but also it was our argument for making rest of his skillset really strong and important.

And it didn't happen. Elrond is the greatest healer in Middle-earth (probably), but his level seven skill only recovers, not heals.

Vilya implementation is better than in the past, without doubt, but we can see that just doesn't correspond with other elven rings.

You're right. Nenya took preservation (healing) over the whole realm, Narya inspires people of Middle-earth in their fight against tyranny (provides armour and attack bonus), so for Vilya we have to find something different. And definitely Vilya is comparable to Nenya, it means level 10 ability. It corresponds with lore - Gandalf used Narya while he travelled, but Galadriel and Elrond used their rings for "static purpose" and that's why were stronger in terms of protection elven realms. Narya just was too "flexible" and din't have time to find place where should stay - exactly like her ringbearer.

But back to Vilya ... we should't be too focused on air element.

So preservation-healing and inspiration are occupied.
What is free is protection. But problem is that protective spell is already implemented in the Imladris spellbook and armour for buildings etc. is included through Cirdan's last ability.
And active protective abilities (like invulnerability) fit more to tanks or Dwarves in general.

But what also remains ... is ... resistance to time and decay ...  :)
I am thinking about how to implement it for the whole map, similarly like Nenya's effect ...  8-|
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Jan 2019, 21:16 von Tiberius Ogden »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #236 am: 21. Jan 2019, 22:09 »
Slowing the inexorable passing of time, decay and wear? Interesting. This could be a very sound start to begin with.

It's true. Despite it being very impactful in combat, it nonetheless remains an offensive ability. That is, a conceptual violation of the canons, according to which the Three Rings were 'only' forged to mend the wounds of Arda, and not to toss units away with a whirlwind or obliterate foes. You're right, lore-wise. So, if we are really intent to craft another concept, we should definitely detach from air-themed powers, as you advised doing.

As narrate all tales of Middle-earth, Vilya ensured that Rivendell stayed preserved and shielded from corruption, maximising those which were the exact properties of Nenya, until the Valley became a mortal, worldly reflection of the Undying Lands (Eressëa).
Therefore, just as casual initial hints, I suppose this new ability should perform a global effect, or something involving the citadel for a long duration (the Ring's blessing on Imladris lasted for more than three millennia). In other words, some protective, long-term effects.

Only with an impressive, large-scale impact can we hope to replace the current state of things. The road seems hard and perilous, yet the topic is absolutely intriguing ;)

Once reached a proper compromise, I guess we ought to open a new Vilya-centred thread, provided that things are finalised for the good. It would be challenging to create a twin-topic for the mightiest of the Three.

I'll too try to think about possible options. Thank you for having revivified this huge mammoth-debate; seldom have wonderful outcomes not arisen from these glorious halls :)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #237 am: 22. Jan 2019, 12:31 »
While I do love the air themed abilities, I can see why they may be problematic in terms of lore. With the preservation involved with Vilya, maybe a potential idea could be it improving the armour/healing units in a large area, while also reducing production of nearby buildings. Therefore, it would preserve things as they are and not cause a massive change.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #238 am: 22. Jan 2019, 16:20 »
That's for sure. If we are to craft a worthy ultimate ability, whose heart is our legendary Ring of Air, preservation and durable supportive effects will be our general compass.

There's more meat on the grill, though. What is going to make the difference we desperately need and crave with a passion, is the own relation with the Ancient West. Those faraway, undying domains that represent a very recurrent theme for anything Rivendell-related. Vilya rendered Imladris an immaculate sanctuary, unscathed by time and decadence. And this the Ring had been doing for several centuries, until the very valley became a paler reflection of Eressëa itself. Hence, here is another fundamental component of the concept: a paradise on earth.

So, taking into account all those arguments of ours, I think I may have conceived what suits our needs. Putting every piece of the puzzle together, I present you an ultimate form of support:

Zitat
VILYA

Level 10 - Vilya: The Ring of Air shields your castle from evil and decay, mirroring for a while the beauty of the Undying Lands.
For a long duration, every building and unit inside the player's base is imbued with a powerful blessing. While the Ring's effect is active, structures gain +100% armour and are immune to fire, units get +50% defence and +30% speed, and the whole castle is invulnerable to enemy spells and hero abilities.
Right click on the icon and then right click on your citadel to activate.

Graphical rendition: The very display of the ability will have to signal that your castle (Rivendell on smaller scale) has indeed been sanctified, alongside the visual similarity to the stainless harbour of the Lonely Island.
For all the duration, every building (walls included) and unit/hero will shine of a bright, heavenly light, while another radiant beam will be on the main citadel, as a miracle from heaven. Perhaps, we might even add some ethereal, fitting sounds in the background (smooth and mesmerising).

Your castle shall temporarily assume the appearance of a saint-city, as every shire lying on the deathless shore, across the western seas.

There is an old effect from Edain 3.8.1 that is absolutely worth recycling. It's not so different from Nenya's FX (the past Elbereth Gilthoniel), apart from the fact that will recreate a sort of perennial enchanted day upon your base, while the power is active.

(from 6:55)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsrbJHQkxa0

Some noteworthy considerations:

Zitat
  • The ability's selection icon (what indicates the area affected) will not be the usual light-blue star/indicator (like that of Wizard's Blast). Even though the only target allowed is the citadel, there will be a proper selection figure. The bluish star appears to be bugged, when involving buildings.
  • You might wonder: "Why on earth do units inside the base need a speed boost?" Well, the answer is that increased rapidity symbolises renewed vigour and restored forces. Plus, your army will be able to sally out of the fortress very quickly and make a sortie!
  • The concept I'm proposing goes in a totally different direction from the current tornado-armour. A U-turn. I'm conscious of that. Therefore, in order to make up for the loss of a mass-slaying power, I guess that Elrond's splash-type attack needs to deal even more damage (I'm talking about his area-of-effect attack, once he's clothed with his new armour).
  • Probably, this is the most preponderant aspect out of all the others. The difference between Vilya and Nenya will be twofold:
    1. Nenya heals continuously and its magic is diffused throughout every corner of the map. On the other hand, Vilya's blessing will be far more effective (it's the highest Ring in rank) and longer, albeit concentrated solely within the perimeter of your castle. A quite remarkable parallelism.
    2. Another visual parallelism, which is very dear to me, is that the Ring of Water's effects boast a nocturnal characterisation, as a starred, hallowed night. Conversely, the Ring of Air blesses your fortress with a lasting holy day, as the sun rises above and sacred beams hit the citadel, reminding the player of the lost eternal noon of Valinor. Day and night. Perfect differentiation!

I hope all of this will please you and spark interest. It's a quite bold change to advocate, I know, but it's the only means via which we can truly rectify what goes wrong with the mentioned Ring of Power. The Three Rings would then be highly specialised in support and preservation, whether it be slowing decay or relieving a certain Grey Wizard from fatigue and toil ;)
Make yourselves be heard! I'm looking forward to feedback and possible polishing of the concept.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #239 am: 22. Jan 2019, 16:54 »
Level 10 - Vilya: The Ring of Air shields your castle from evil and decay, mirroring for a while the beauty of the Undying Lands.
For a long duration, every building and unit inside the player's base is imbued with a powerful blessing. While the Ring's effect is active, structures gain +100% armour and are immune to fire, units get +50% defence and +30% speed, and the whole castle is invulnerable to enemy spells and hero abilities.
Right click on the icon and then right click on your citadel to activate.

Quite OP ... especially for multiplayer matches ...  xD

Well ...

I would remove armor bonus for structures:
Zitat
-Lvl 10: Ulmo's Aid - With the help of Ulmo, Cirdan strengthens all allied ships, buildings and siege engines on the map granting them +50% armor for 30 seconds.

And fire resistance:
Zitat
Rank 10: Nenya's Cleansing. All allied units and buildings on the map are continously healed for a long duration. Units in the vicinity of heroes with Gifts of Lorien additionally become fearless and can't be knocked to the ground. Buildings in the vicinity of heroes with Gifts are immune to fire.

And also that you have to switch on by clicking on the citadel is quite redundant.

What about something more simple?

Level 10 - Vilya: The Ring of Air shields Imladris from evil and decay. All Rivendell units, heroes, and structures are immune to enemy spells, hero and unit abilities, for a long period time. Enemies near to Imladris structures are slowed down and lose -25% of speed.

So it means that Imladris can fall if enemy will use regular weapons and siege machines, but what slows decay is that all enemies spells and skills will be redundant.
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Jan 2019, 17:05 von Tiberius Ogden »