17. Mai 2024, 14:23 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Galadriel  (Gelesen 110028 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Galadriel
« Antwort #75 am: 19. Okt 2015, 00:31 »
also, question for diewalkure: is it possible to remove that thread i created? or it should just remain closed?

Of course, if you really want to, I can delete it.

Even though, I honestly think that it should remain for a while, to redirect other people here, if they are interested in this topic, and, probably, as an indication for others who might be intended in the future to post some proposals and don't know if they have to open a new thread or post in an already-existing one  :)

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
« Antwort #76 am: 19. Okt 2015, 12:14 »
But i repeat, the elves aren't out yet, so there is a big chance that the edain team come up with even a better more logical idea, wich will make mine look like crap haha. But if not, i hope they will consider reworking the attack FX, since now the EE has come, there is a lot of beautiful ideas they might integrate, and i hope changing galadriel's attack FX will be one of them.
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Okt 2015, 13:05 von aminetude »
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #77 am: 29. Okt 2015, 15:30 »
To be honest the main issue I have with Galadriel is that her Gifts of Lorien and Vision of the Mirror should have their levels switched in my personal opinion.

The main reason is that the Gifts of Lorien are intended to enhance hero's and bring them to the pinnacle of their role, or even change their role once the game gets going, while being the key to the hero's strength. Having it on Level 7 makes it a late game skill that might be able to upgrade 1 or 2 heroes before it's use is over the ring is acquired. If it were at level 5, she then has a lot more time to upgrade her allies.

The reason for Vision into the Mirror actually also ties into the Gifts of Lorien as well. Right now, getting Vision into the Mirror at level 5 means that Galadriel can make Rumil and Orophin obsolete before they can be upgraded out of their scout role to become a prominent member of the attack force, while if the Gifts of Lorien were unlocked first, by the time she acquires access to Vision into the Mirror, both Rumil and Orophin could have been upgraded allowing them to fit into another role while Galadriel then takes over the scout role, in addition to her other roles, due to being able to clear the fog. Not to mention in quite a lot of cases being able to keep a constant eye on the enemy can be a lot more effective than an upgrade to skills, armour, damage, etc.

There only other issue I have is that Galadriel taking the Ring preventing the training of Ents or Mirkwood Units seems to be much harsher than it should since Lorien then has just 1 building that can generate units outside of those, given that Mirkwood is their only outpost build option.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #78 am: 29. Okt 2015, 15:35 »
Completely agree about the swap part.
Yet, Lorien has actually two buildings that can train units outside of their base: you forgot the Beorning Hut. Plus if I'm not mistaking you'lle be able to build a standard outpost.

"That still only counts as one!"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #79 am: 29. Okt 2015, 15:50 »
yes and the beorning hut makes money too

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #80 am: 29. Okt 2015, 19:36 »
Zitat
Plus if I'm not mistaking you'lle be able to build a standard outpost.
Unfortunately you are mistaken. ;)
This is not only because of some lore reasons (like Imladris Lorien didn't expand in the WotR), but has one technical reason, because you can't define two expansion outposts (= central buildings which spawn new build plots) for one outpost (or in general).

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #81 am: 29. Okt 2015, 19:49 »
Didn't ET say that they were going to add an outpost for every faction eventually? I thought EA said so somewhere on Moddb. Some clarification would be appreciated, if possible.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #82 am: 29. Okt 2015, 21:54 »
There is a possibility for every faction to have more than one outpost, but not every faction absolutely has to have more than one just for the sake of it (Rohan comes to mind, but it's the same for Lorien). Maybe they will come up with an idea themselves at some point, maybe someone from the community will present a nice concept, maybe it just stays the same. Who knows? ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Okt 2015, 21:58 von Elendils Cousin 3. Grades »

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #83 am: 29. Okt 2015, 23:11 »
Just to be perfectly clear: I was only talking about that Lorien currently doesn't have a regular / normal outpost (citadel + 3 build plots where you build your regular stuff -like Rohan's outpost, Gondor's regular outpost and so on) and that it seems to be impossible to create two buildings surrounded by build plots at the same place!
In Lorien's case they already have this outpost because the Mirkwood thingy has 4 surrounding build plots. Therefore you simply can't include such a regular Lorien outpost which of course does in no way foil the idea of creating a second build option for Lorien's outpost.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #84 am: 11. Nov 2015, 13:27 »
 Galadriel must be able to defend against enemy heroes. Because  have both Galadriel and Celeborn too expensive.

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #85 am: 11. Nov 2015, 16:53 »
But then there would be no counterplay to Galadriel. ;)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #86 am: 11. Nov 2015, 17:40 »
i think she needs to protect herself because her attacks are not that strong so when she goes one on one with a hero she usually looses  so i think she needs a buff

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #87 am: 11. Nov 2015, 17:50 »
She is not meant to protect herself.

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #88 am: 11. Nov 2015, 18:55 »
 But you pay for Galadriel 3000 and you may not have even 2200 to buy Celeborn and defend her against enemy heroes.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #89 am: 13. Nov 2015, 16:12 »
i think she needs to protect herself because her attacks are not that strong so when she goes one on one with a hero she usually looses  so i think she needs a buff

But you pay for Galadriel 3000 and you may not have even 2200 to buy Celeborn and defend her against enemy heroes.

Keep in mind that, as others already pointed out, her role is mainly and primarily supportive, and this was a great change from her previous concept of the Edain Mod 3.8.1, where I always found her a bit 'out of place' and not so defined as a Hero.
Her abilities and her ranged attack exactly serve this purpose.

Therefore, I believe that she should always be used behind your own lines, not only protected by Celeborn, but also by all the surrounding units, as she is the Ruler of her faction, and she inevitably must be defended.
For example, I always give this 'duty' to the Caras Galadhon Guardians, as if they were her personal 'Royal Guard'  :P

Nevertheless, I too think that, to be the Leader and theoretically the most powerful Hero of her faction, she still lacks something, although she is already very unique and conceptual herself.
That's why I'm gathering ideas for possible chances of improvement and implementation of other unique and conceptual aspects, and I think that I will post some proposals in the future.
But, they are 'top secret', for now  xD