27. Apr 2024, 23:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief General Ideas  (Gelesen 118895 mal)

zohall

• Hobbit
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #150 am: 1. Nov 2016, 21:58 »
Hi what is your idea if adding Arnor group in this patch? ( elendil & ,...)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #151 am: 2. Nov 2016, 12:36 »
What do you exactly mean? Arnor, as an independent faction, is already available in the game. You just have to play as Gondor in selected maps, which are in fact indicated as Arnor-related maps.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #152 am: 2. Nov 2016, 14:46 »
I think he meant a complete standalone faction, just like the other ones.

Anyway - first of all, welcome to Modding Union^^ - the team won't implement Arnor as a standalone faction for two main reasons:

1. Its gameplay would be far too similar to Gondor, therefore there wouldn't be much uniqueness and differentiation

2. Apart for the already planned 9 factions (one is yet to be released), the ET has room left for two other factions, only (due to engine limitations), so they won't waste a faction slot for a faction who's nearly identical to an already existant one

But, as DieWalkure correctly said, you can play with Arnor in their appropriate maps when you pick Gondor^^

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #153 am: 2. Nov 2016, 15:24 »
I think he meant a complete standalone faction, just like the other ones.

It may be. Though the very comment is really too generic to give a clear interpretation of what he actually wanted to ask. Not that thorough analyses or speculations don't give me joy either way  xD

I will move this thread to the brief ideas topic, given that there are not the right premises for it to remain as an own thread in this board. The author will thus have all the time to answer and provide further insights, without me or other Moderators being forced to keep this discussion open. And I wouldn't enjoy either the idea of this board turning into a cemetery of brief locked threads  [ugly]

--- MERGED ---
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Nov 2016, 15:27 von DieWalküre »

zohall

• Hobbit
« Antwort #154 am: 3. Nov 2016, 20:35 »
i means new function with new heroes...

i think Gondor is not Arnor .. in history Arnor is more older than Gondor...

See this pic:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pRhCfXFPgbc/maxresdefault.jpg

some thing like this.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #155 am: 3. Nov 2016, 20:38 »
As was already said, you can play with Arnor if you select Gondor in a map whose name begins with "Arnor:" :P

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #156 am: 3. Nov 2016, 22:54 »
Arnor isn't older than Gondor. They have the same "age". The main difference is that Arnor fell, Gondor didn't

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #157 am: 4. Nov 2016, 00:44 »
i means new function with new heroes...

As others have already answered, Arnor is well present in the game as an own faction (though with some needed boundaries, in respect of the particular circumstances explained in the previous comments). Arnor thus has its own heroes, units, spells and it's set in its precise lore-accurate timeline. I apologise if I'm misinterpreting something, but I can't really understand the purpose your own suggestion.

BoarNago

• Hobbit
« Antwort #158 am: 13. Nov 2016, 17:19 »
Hi Edain Team!
Thanks for ALL you have done, I love your work so much! :)

I have to ask you a question.

I created a Troll Hero with "UNTAMED ALLEGIANCE" in his move set.
I used this move on a Drake Lair, so I took control of the structure and of the 2 dragons outside.
There was a problem:
-the lair could not train dragons anymore (there wasn't the icon to click on).

This problem happened also for Dire wolf lairs and for Rhudaur men barracks.

Would you fix this problem in future?

Moreover dragons at level 5 don't have wings despite of your concepts.

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #159 am: 23. Nov 2016, 14:45 »
Hope you improve the ships.
I mean I find it a bit ridiculous that a regular unit of mordor archers can destroy a upgraded battleship so quickly while the ship only kills few orcs. Same goes to the catapult ships.

Maxime

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #160 am: 22. Dez 2016, 12:06 »
Hi !

I propose those palantir portraits that I made.

« Letzte Änderung: 22. Dez 2016, 18:09 von Maxime »

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #161 am: 23. Dez 2016, 17:17 »
Hi !

I propose those palantir portraits that I made.

Those are stunning! Great job! :)

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #162 am: 23. Dez 2016, 17:47 »

Yes I agree with you!

Maxime

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #163 am: 23. Dez 2016, 18:15 »
Thank you!
I've created a thread in Showcase to show new works  :)
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,34234.0.html
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Dez 2016, 18:20 von Maxime »

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #164 am: 1. Jan 2017, 17:22 »
Hey guys i check in game abilities like Spear Throw , Wound Arrow and i need to say i'm dissapointed how weak those attack are. They need some improved and i have something in mind .
My idea is to make those attacks penetrate armor but not only deal damage but also decrease armor waluse . So when for example Hero Killer Eowyn Throw her spear on enemy she not only wound him but also decrease his armor values for some time. Evrything depends what role hero has. Eomer spear imo very good fit into his character being mass slayer deal aoe damage and knockback wear enemies and heroes. But still i think he's spear should have additional extra effect on Mumakil like in movie something like 5 second paralyze mumakil and decrease his armor values.

I have also second idea to add additional effect type in game to make some special attacks more valuable. We have poison effect but i think about bleed effect . This additionaly deal to enemy damage in time like poison but also weakening him . So it can be very dangerous. This effect should be added to every throw ability and maybe even in future unique to some unit .

Bleed effect is similar to poison but is red and also decreasing stats of enemy hero or monster . Because i think it need to be saved for most dangerous opponents.