3. Jun 2024, 19:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Options for the Iron Ballista, from BotFA Extended Edition

Add in the ballista, exactly as it appears in the film, alongside current catapult?
Add in the ballista without the chains, alongside current catapult, make it deal high single target damage?
Replace current catapult with ballista?
Don't add ballista at all?
Have ballista summonable by a hero?

Autor Thema: New Iron Hills Unique Siege Weapon  (Gelesen 36978 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: New Iron Hills Unique Siege Weapon
« Antwort #75 am: 2. Nov 2015, 16:50 »
Sorry but I am currently at work and do not have the time to do itz! :(
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #76 am: 2. Nov 2015, 17:07 »
Well this thread certainly took off between when I last checked it and now. I'll be happy to add a poll in, if somebody could summarize what all the previous ideas and arguments were.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #77 am: 2. Nov 2015, 17:16 »
check this out:

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,32047.0.html

maybe you should add one poll for what people want to see, and another for what people definitely do NOT want to see!

Most people from german section read this part of forum anyways, so no need to create redundant threads.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #78 am: 2. Nov 2015, 17:26 »
Yes that's why I said that all arguments should be summarized, and if you look at one of my previous posts I also gave the option to not include the Ballista at all.

Thank you KryptiK

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #79 am: 2. Nov 2015, 17:30 »
Yes that's why I said that all arguments should be summarized, and if you look at one of my previous posts I also gave the option to not include the Ballista at all.

Thank you KryptiK

That´s not what I´m asking for.

I want a seperate poll like this:

If the Iron Hills ballista gets implemented, what would you NOT like about it?
- chain ammo
- replacing katapult
- being added as additional unit
- being only a castle extension

multiple choices should be possible

Reason: There are people who would really like to have this ballista (like me), but only under certain conditions.
I´d rather not have it in the game then having it replacing the catapults and using this stupid chain ammo.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #80 am: 2. Nov 2015, 17:41 »
ok, well I can add a poll to THIS thread easily enough, but it seems like there are quite a few concepts that have been brought up by my brief skimming of the replies. I have seen comments about it completely replacing the catapult, having an ammo switch feature, being only good against monsters, and existing alongside the current catapult. Is anything missing from that list? Obvious choices such as don't include catapult at all will be included by default.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #81 am: 2. Nov 2015, 18:17 »
Hello people,

I have tried to read through whole topic, it was hard a bit.  :P
I just got one more idea:

So far we have "replacement" idea and "bonus" idea (unique siege weapon) for IronHills balista. Also again was mentioned Earth Shaker unit as one of reasons for adding this new unique siege weapon. So maybe we could make compromise with summoning form of those "bonus" siege weapons.
First, Earth Shaker isn't so OP unit, as Melkor have underlined earlier, it is redundant unit or in balance terms it is doesn't make any problem. So, my idea is to remove earth shaker as production unit and make it as part of Gloin's new summon ability, after all Gloin is "Lord of Lonely Mountain" predestined as siege damage dealer and siege weapon buffer with his passive, so this ability could be very fitting for him.

Same idea for Iron Hills balistas, Drar get new agility instead that Sabotage ability, (which I find  not so useful and cool enough for this siege hero :P) and he could summon some limited number of those balistas.

And Bofur also can have new summon ability for some new siege weapon of Ered Luin (like he had earlier with those wall ladders).

So at the end all of building destroyers will be able to summon some "unique" siege weapon. :) I find this idea as some good compromise so far. xD

Regards

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #82 am: 2. Nov 2015, 18:19 »

That´s not what I´m asking for.

I want a seperate poll like this:

If the Iron Hills ballista gets implemented, what would you NOT like about it?
- chain ammo
- replacing katapult
- being added as additional unit
- being only a castle extension

multiple choices should be possible

Reason: There are people who would really like to have this ballista (like me), but only under certain conditions.
I´d rather not have it in the game then having it replacing the catapults and using this stupid chain ammo.

You know that DieWalkure and even Ea already warned everyone here not to use words like "stupid" right? Anyway, chain ammo will not be an option at all, whether we like it or not. The engine just doesn't support this.

And those choices don't need a seperate poll. Why not just one poll with things like this:

- Having both the Ballista and Catapult as siege weapons. (Same idea as your "don't want replacing Katapult" option)
- The Ballista will be the main siege weapon, and the Catapult will be removed. (Same idea as your " don't want being added as additional unit" option).
- The Ballista becoming only a Fortress Expansion.
- Having no Ballista at all and everything remains as it is.
- And this option I forgot to add: Having the catapult as fortress extension and using the Ballista as main siege weapon.

We don't need 2 seperate polls with the same meaning to it.

@KryptiK; mostly correct, for additional info you can look at the list I made here. Making them only good against monsters and having an ammo switch is something that could be added as additional information, but not as options in the poll.

Edit: I just read Crag's post and he made a nice suggestion, only using it as a summoning power for Drar. That one could also be added to the poll.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #83 am: 2. Nov 2015, 18:25 »
I like the idea for being Drar Summon but I do not want it to be temporary! :-) May be he can Summon one Ballista at Time until you have the Maximum of 5 Ballista,samenfor Gloin and etc.!? :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #84 am: 2. Nov 2015, 18:26 »
Same idea for Iron Hills balistas, Drar get new agility instead that Sabotage ability, (which I find  not so useful and cool enough for this siege hero :P) and he could summon some limited number of those balistas.
+1

Zitat
Anyway, chain ammo will not be an option at all, whether we like it or not. The engine just doesn't support this.
how do you know?
Would be nice, if it´s the case  :D.

Zitat
You know that DieWalkure and even Ea already warned everyone here not to use words like "stupid" right?
There is a slight difference between calling other users or their ideas "stupid", and calling something from a movie "stupid" which no one here made. (what I mean: no one here made that movie, don´t know how to properly express in english  ;))

So I didn´t insult anyone, please take care of this fine difference!

Same like no one complains if somebody says "wow that´s a f...ing great idea" or "wow this clip is damn cool".
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Nov 2015, 18:30 von korner »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #85 am: 2. Nov 2015, 18:31 »
Zitat
You know that DieWalkure and even Ea already warned everyone here not to use words like "stupid" right? Anyway, chain ammo will not be an option at all, whether we like it or not. The engine just doesn't support this.

I don't know anything directly, but I know that somebody said in 1 of the first posts that a member of the team actually said that its possible. Also, I'm quite sure it would be possible to have an animation for the chain to appear as spinning on the end of the bolt, even if the anti-arrow effect isn't possible. Making the poll now.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #86 am: 2. Nov 2015, 18:33 »
Exactly what I mean a Visual Effect Spinning Chain and just Knockback as a Second Ammunition! :-)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #87 am: 2. Nov 2015, 18:35 »
I was limited to 5 options, so I couldn't get all the ideas, but I took what I considered to be the biggest arguments and put them in the poll. I personally would like to see the ballista exactly as it is in the film, obviously I started the thread, but I would also be quite happy with an ammo-switch feature, with the chains dealing less damage over a larger area, and obviously the anti-arrow effect may be impossible.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #88 am: 2. Nov 2015, 18:39 »
Yes, that is most reasonable for this suggestion. Also maybe we could also limit it to 4 in two summoning of 2 per summon.  :P Why is always 5 magic number? xD
As summon unit, I suggest some good anti single unit properties instead of siege building damage. :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #89 am: 2. Nov 2015, 18:40 »
The Anti Arrow Effect even though I like it too I think will be just to complicated to make and even use in Game! :-)
But Chains as Upgrade with some Minor Knockback and small Area DMG will be just.fine to me either as Unit or Summon ! :-)Which will.have small recharge time! :-)
But of course I am fine with it being just Ballista strong vs Single Target! :-)
Also.I think if the Ballista will be in Game it.should be somewhat slower than Isengard Ballista being made much more Solid Iron! :-)
I just like the 5 and it seems enough for me  [uglybunti]