28. Apr 2024, 14:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions  (Gelesen 112631 mal)

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions
« Antwort #120 am: 9. Okt 2016, 17:14 »
I like both ideas! It would give more reasons to use the Beornings (That I don't use a lot), and I think the concept is great, because the Gifts of Lorien were not only for Lorien's own Elves, as shown in books and films with the gifts for the Fellowship, and the Mirkwood elves, the Hobbits and (if he gets one) Grimbeorn reflect that!

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #121 am: 9. Okt 2016, 17:15 »
I like this idea, let me try to give my perspective. Galadriel knows of what has happened to Grimbeorn's people and should gift him with some power or weapon that would allow him to preserve the remains of his people. Here are the possible gifts of Galadriel:

Blessing of Galadriel:
Galadriel blesses Grimbeorn with the power of Nenya and gives him the power to preserve his people. All Beornings and Homsteads gain an health and armor boost.

Sindar Axe:
Galadriel gifts to Gimbeorn an ancient Sindar axe from the first age which with every strike strengthen nearby Beornings and allows him to regain some health.

Here are my two suggestions to the idea, I find the concept interesting and definitely worth some exploring.
Yes! I think these two are the most likely gifts that Grimbeorn could get. I personally like the first one about the health and armor boost because for the second one the team should have to change the model/improve the axe.

Secret Keeper

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #122 am: 9. Okt 2016, 17:30 »
What gift should he get? Just explain your thoughts. ;)

I think the gift of a new axe is good way to go. Some fancy elven blade which cuts deep & enemies are bleeding over time, small AoE or sth similar. He is a mass slayer after all, he has a heal so i dont think regaining health with every attack is a way to go.

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #123 am: 9. Okt 2016, 21:59 »
I like this idea, let me try to give my perspective. Galadriel knows of what has happened to Grimbeorn's people and should gift him with some power or weapon that would allow him to preserve the remains of his people. Here are the possible gifts of Galadriel:

Blessing of Galadriel:
Galadriel blesses Grimbeorn with the power of Nenya and gives him the power to preserve his people. All Beornings and Homsteads gain an health and armor boost.

Sindar Axe:
Galadriel gifts to Gimbeorn an ancient Sindar axe from the first age which with every strike strengthen nearby Beornings and allows him to regain some health.

Here are my two suggestions to the idea, I find the concept interesting and definitely worth some exploring.

Those are really cool suggestions! I personally prefer the latter one. Maybe we could create a poll when we gather more ideas?

Question to the Team: So Grimbeorn getting a gift from Galadriel is not out of question?

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #124 am: 9. Okt 2016, 22:38 »
Zitat
So Grimbeorn getting a gift from Galadriel is not out of question?
From my side it's not out of question. Share your ideas, maybe we will implement something similar. ;)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #125 am: 9. Okt 2016, 22:59 »
I think it would be wiser to separate this from the brief suggestions thread, especially if there are plans to have a poll. Since Secret Keeper is the user who brought up the idea, I shall leave it to him to, if he wish, create a new thread dedicated to Galadriel's Gift to Grimbeorn.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #126 am: 9. Okt 2016, 23:15 »
Zitat
So Grimbeorn getting a gift from Galadriel is not out of question?
From my side it's not out of question. Share your ideas, maybe we will implement something similar. ;)

Great! I'll definitely try to come up with something as well :)

I think it would be wiser to separate this from the brief suggestions thread, especially if there are plans to have a poll. Since Secret Keeper is the user who brought up the idea, I shall leave it to him to, if he wish, create a new thread dedicated to Galadriel's Gift to Grimbeorn.

I agree. That'd probably be the best.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #127 am: 10. Okt 2016, 00:02 »
Although I'm not really sure about the propriety of granting Galadriel's gifts even to characters that aren't Elves or Hobbits (members of the Fellowship, by the way), if we were to consider a suitable concept, I would choose the latter one too: Galadriel hands to Grimbeorn an old axe belonging to the lost kingdom of Doriath (or to the ancient Nandor of Beleriand), which will serve him to fight the Evil as it had done in the Elder Days (in the hands of valiant Elven warriors). The people of Doriath suffered greatly the constant pressure of Morgoth at their borders; the weapon will just symbolise the same determination to contest the darkness as the one of the Skin-changers during the Third Age of Arda.

Those are really cool suggestions! I personally prefer the latter one. Maybe we could create a poll when we gather more ideas?

According to the current guidelines, polls ought to be established once the concepts proposed are quite finalised; it's the only way to have this feature work properly as it's supposed to do. On the other hand, going more topical to develop further one or multiple suggestions would require the opening of a new thread, exactly appointed to deal with Grimbeorn and a hypothetical gift from the Lady of Light. The very establishment of a poll would thus be much easier as well, as the Lothlórien Brief Suggestions is a too broad of a thread for more on-topic initiatives regarding one sole proposal.

Henceforth, is someone willing to start a new thread?

EDIT: I support Necro's advice  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Okt 2016, 00:06 von DieWalküre »

Secret Keeper

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #128 am: 10. Okt 2016, 07:51 »
Guys, i am not that active user, so if you want to start a new thread, do it :). My only will is to give a gift to Grimbeorn  :P Everything you will come up i am fine with.

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #129 am: 16. Okt 2016, 10:06 »
It would be nice if you could give Legolas back his original Hawk Strike. The current one seems useless. I used it and I only managed to kill few orcs and saw an arrow bounce around like a rabbit.
I liked the original one better because it was actually useful and good against heroes, monsters( trolls for example) and elite units. One killed monsters, elite units and weaker heroes. Now it seems completely useless against them.

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #130 am: 16. Okt 2016, 16:47 »
Agree

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #131 am: 16. Okt 2016, 16:57 »
Keep in mind that Legolas's role is that of a Mass Slayer, not a hero killer.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #132 am: 16. Okt 2016, 17:13 »
Keep in mind that Legolas's role is that of a Mass Slayer, not a hero killer.

What Necro wrote. I remember this topic was already dealt with and FG pretty much answered in the same way.

I know that this ability was commonly renowned as formidable in BFME1, and I recall it in the same way: very much effective against multiple units and, most importantly, a deadly feature when used towards heroes and monsters.

Legolas has a defined role in the Edain Mod though and this important fact has its own relative implications. That is, he's not supposed to turn into an all-powerful hero (Lothlórien can already count on its own hero killer).

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #133 am: 16. Okt 2016, 18:26 »
I didn't mean him to be a hero killer. I meant that he shoots his two arrow, like in vanilla games, that will one kill trolls (like he killed that cave troll in Moria in the first LOTR film ), elite units, some weak heroes like Gorbag/Shagrat but damage stronger heroes. New effect just looks weird and seems useless TO ME!
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Okt 2016, 18:34 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #134 am: 16. Okt 2016, 18:40 »
Mind the language, lahe95, please. Swear words violate the rules of the forum and don't offer constructive criticism at all. I edited your post.

In the passage I deleted, you implied that Hawk Strike is not the only ability that, in your opinion, was toned down too much. What do you mean? Are there other abilities that you deem not effective? If you explain yourself in better terms, we could submit your concerns to the general debate.