27. Apr 2024, 21:12 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions  (Gelesen 112522 mal)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions
« Antwort #135 am: 16. Okt 2016, 20:00 »
I do agree with Hawk Strike being overnerfed significantly. The ability was ridiculous at first,  and now I can't find another description for the ability than ''useless'' as well.

Suggestion: I'd like to see a small rework on the ability. Legolas fires two arrows with pin-point accuracy at an enemy hero or monster, dealing moderate damage and slowing the target for a couple of seconds (5 or so). This slow is doubled when Hawk Shot is used with Legolas' Elven Vision ability and the range of the ability is also increased. The damage is increased to high with the Bow of the Galadhrim gift from Galadriel.

Reasoning: Legolas has enough mass slayer abilities. His knife fighter and Arrow Rain are powerful enough. He needs like a soft ''counter'' to heroes and monsters.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #136 am: 16. Okt 2016, 20:27 »
I'm pretty sure a Hawk Strike that can one shot a troll is not considered mass slayer but more likely hero killer. Although I did like the mass slayer aspect of the ability, maybe if that could be re-used.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #137 am: 16. Okt 2016, 22:57 »
The damage is increased to high with the Bow of the Galadhrim gift from Galadriel.

Actually, I would honestly be in favour of Legolas getting his Hawk Strike considerably enhanced, provided that this were only possible via Galadriel's gift to him. It would counter heroes and monsters moderately, but you necessarily have to earn this possibility as Galadriel levels up in the first place.

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #138 am: 17. Okt 2016, 07:04 »
Maybe the Gifts of Lorien ability would change the hawk strike ablity to it's vanilla one - where he shoots two arrows and deals heavy damage to monsters, elite units and weaker heroes.

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #139 am: 17. Okt 2016, 07:14 »
I do agree with Hawk Strike being overnerfed significantly. The ability was ridiculous at first,  and now I can't find another description for the ability than ''useless'' as well.

Suggestion: I'd like to see a small rework on the ability. Legolas fires two arrows with pin-point accuracy at an enemy hero or monster, dealing moderate damage and slowing the target for a couple of seconds (5 or so). This slow is doubled when Hawk Shot is used with Legolas' Elven Vision ability and the range of the ability is also increased. The damage is increased to high with the Bow of the Galadhrim gift from Galadriel.

Reasoning: Legolas has enough mass slayer abilities. His knife fighter and Arrow Rain are powerful enough. He needs like a soft ''counter'' to heroes and monsters.

I actually like this idea a lot. +1 to that

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #140 am: 17. Okt 2016, 12:57 »

+1

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #141 am: 28. Nov 2016, 17:33 »
Suggestion regarding Galadriel's gift to Treebeard and Quickbeam!
I think Galadriel's gift should speed up Treebeard, since his slow, and make him and Quickbeam somewhat immune against fire attacks. Maybe not immune but reduce the damage done by fire. Also I noticed spears do a lot of damage aswell so reduce spear damage as well.

DaGeggo

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
  • A subba Sach!
« Antwort #142 am: 29. Nov 2016, 14:04 »
What is the sense of this proposal?
This would just make them really OP, as it would kill the chance of countering them. I think they are strong enough and giving them Galadriels gift doesn't really make sense to me.

Geh nun und stirb auf die Weise, die dir die beste deucht.

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #143 am: 5. Feb 2017, 12:17 »
Tolkien often mentioned that the elves use their spears to throw at the enemy (specifically mentioned in the book The Hobbit). Because what about what would add the ability for the Royal Guard Mirkwood - throw a spear ??? Or for Imladris groups?!?

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #144 am: 5. Feb 2017, 12:39 »
Hey, what about making Mirkwood Palace guards a heroic unit? Most of the factions have 2 or 3 heroic units. I think that the Palace Guards fit this role very well. Other faction sub-factions also have heroic units (Black Riders, Dragonslayers etc).

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #145 am: 5. Feb 2017, 12:49 »
That is actually not a bad idea! Mirkwood Palace Guard are a very problematic unit imo, because they are pretty much the best pikes in the mod for a faction that is supposed to be weak to cavalry, which makes little sense to me. As a Heroic unit, they'd be much more reserved and limited, making it easier to balance them in the process. It would probably be a nerf, but I'm pretty confident that Lorien needs some (serious) nerfs anyway.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #146 am: 5. Feb 2017, 13:03 »
+1 to Gandalf7000 proposal

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #147 am: 5. Feb 2017, 13:31 »
That is actually not a bad idea! Mirkwood Palace Guard are a very problematic unit imo, because they are pretty much the best pikes in the mod for a faction that is supposed to be weak to cavalry, which makes little sense to me. As a Heroic unit, they'd be much more reserved and limited, making it easier to balance them in the process. It would probably be a nerf, but I'm pretty confident that Lorien needs some (serious) nerfs anyway.
Yeah, well because now everyone complains that Lorien is OP then this change would make things more balanced.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #148 am: 5. Feb 2017, 14:31 »
Fully agreed!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #149 am: 5. Feb 2017, 14:59 »
My heart bleeds, but I nonetheless agree  :D

Given that we're in front of a supposedly royal guard, I couldn't see any defect, were they to acquire a, let's say, higher status (a similar case compared to the Guardians of Caras Galadhon). Under this perspective, Palace Guards might be given an additional unique feature, beside the already-existent one.

But I would like to address another point, even if it's just a very vague hint: if Palace Guards are to be limited, wouldn't this be a proper occasion to give Mirkwood the possibility to recruit a lesser version of them? Namely, the common (regular) lancers we see in BOTFA. Yes, in doing so, Lothlórien would dispose of three lancer-type units (of which one is heroic), but the favourable argument could rely on the fact that Lórien and Mirkwood do have separate roles in the game, and they represent two different realms. This choice would grant the Woodland Realm a bit more importance and uniqueness, along with sticking more loyally to the cinematographic atmosphere. Also, we could regard this addition as a possible means via which we might placate the hunger of some users to have Mirkwood as an independent faction (given that the main reason frequently consists of them desiring the subfaction to be more prominent). What do you think?

Obviously, the latter argument is not really the best approach to develop this proposal, nor would I ever alter my convictions due to those poor grievances (an independent Mirkwood). Just see it as a general topic: making Mirkwood more relevant (if it really deserves such treatment).