28. Apr 2024, 05:02 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dwarven Hero's New Abilities?  (Gelesen 12134 mal)

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Dwarven Hero's New Abilities?
« am: 3. Dez 2015, 06:57 »
Hello peoples of middle earth this is my first time posting something on here and I hope your not to harsh on me for my first time ;) and I hope you enjoy :)

So my idea, with the addition of Nori to Erebor we know that it is possible for dwarf hero's to have mithril without the icon saying that they have it, because Nori automatically gets mithril at level 10. So I propose that when hero's receive their mithril they gain an extra ability. I will list my abilities for each hero I don't have pictures of what they could be or if they are even balanced so please bear with me  ;)

Lets start with Erebor shall we?

King Dain:
His ability would be called "All Hail The King"
Description:
Dain is now king of the lost kingdom of Erebor Allies near Dain are filled with hope that the dwarves will be prosperous once again.
(passive) All dwarves near Dain are healed when out of combat and hero's near Dain gain 30% armor.

Gloin:
His ability would be called "Past Adventurer"
Gloin was one of Thorin Oakenshields companions on their adventure to take back Erebor
For a short time hero's near Gloin and filled with excitement that Erebor is back in rightful hands and gain 20% damage to structures and take 30% less damage from projectiles

Gimli:

His ability would be called "That Still Only Counts As One!"
Gimli encourages hero's around him to fight harder by calling out to them how many lives he has taken
For a short time all hero's near Gimli gain 30% attack speed and hero's near Gimli abilities recharge 35% faster as well

Thorin III: (E)
With Dain,Throin's father becoming King of Erebor we can assume he left his son in charge of the Iron Hills so his ability would be called "Lord Of The Iron Hills"
Now I have two ideas for this ability
One would be that he would upgrade Dains assembly barracks and allow the Iron Hills units to spawn with heavy armor and banner a carrier for free this is because the lord of the IH would send his men to help Erebor with the best outfitted units available
Second which I highly doubt would be to allow the barracks to train ram riders (I don't have my hopes set high for this one)
This ability would be placed like his runes

Next we shall travel to the Iron Hills

For Iron hills I had three ideas for Dain but since two of them fit in with Murin and Drar I gave it to them instead

Dain II Ironfoot:
His ability would be called "To The King!"
Dain Ironfoot looks to inspire his dwarves when there is no hope in sight
Dain selects a (IH) hero to inspire his dwarves. This hero now causes knockback with his melee attacks and dwarves near the hero gain 50%armor for a short time

Murin:
His ability would be called "Send In The Goats"
I gave this to Murin because of his "Charge Of The Iron Hills"
Murin sends in the rams of the Iron Hills to run down his foes all rams on the map gain 50%less trample revenge and 30% arrow protection for a short time

Drar:
His ability would be called the "Twirly Whirlies"
I gave this to Drar because siege/building destroyer hero and I know the ballista's from botfa isn't in the game but I am working with what I got ;) so I suggest a ability similar to Gothmogs "Release The Prisoners"
Drar orders his artillery to fire arrow reflecting ammo, for a short time iron hills catapults near Drar deal 50% less damage but units near the catapult are resistant to arrows

Thorin III: (IH)
His ability would be called "Like Father Like Son"
Thorin and Dain fight together as father and son
When Dain and Thorin are near each other Dain gains 30% armor and Throin gains 30% damage (passive)

Now let us venture into the blue mountains

Thorin Oakenshield:
His ability would be called " Will You Follow Me One Last Time?"
Thorin realizes his greedy ways  and asks his friends to fight with him one last time
All dwarf hero's near Thorin gain 35% movement and attack speed as well as regaining all their health for a short time

Dwalin:
His ability would be called " Brotherhood Of The Dwarves"
Dwalin is a fierce warrior willing to do anything to protect his kin
For every member of Thorin's company near Dwalin. Dwalin gains 5% Armor (passive)

Bofur:
His ability would be called " Go Bofur Go"
I have no idea if this is at all possible but my idea is that when this is activated Bofur will start riding a giant from the old goblin faction in vanilla bfme2 and once he wants to dismount the giant it would have a chance to turn on him and try to attack him and you could only ever have one at a time

Balin::
his ability would be called " I Am Getting Too Old For This"
Balin rides a battlewagon(or chariot if they are added) into battle and runs down his enemy's
this battlewagon would show Balin driving the battle wagon instead of the normal dwarf who does and have increased health and constantly heals allies close to it

Bilbo:
His ability would be called "You Don't Have A Home That's why I Came Back"
Bilbo risks his life to save a company member
For a short time Bilbo choses a hero to risk his life for, the selected hero gains 25% armor while Bilbo gains 25% damage but loses 25 % armor   

And that about wraps it up folks I would love to hear what you think about it. I know its not all balanced but I hope you get the idea. maybe by adding a extra ability to the dwarf hero's the team can num down how good they are at the moment but any way I hope it was a good read cheers :D

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Dwarven Hero's New Abilities?
« Antwort #1 am: 3. Dez 2015, 07:05 »
I fully support adding a new ability for each dwarf hero instead of having the Mithril Shirt as a button, especially Iron Hills and Erebor, due to their low hero count. As for the abilities themselves, I would largely leave that to the discretion of the team, although your ideas are very cool.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #2 am: 3. Dez 2015, 09:44 »
First of all welcome to MU I hope you will like it here and enjoy your time to the fullest! :-)

Now I most certainly like the whole idea of Dwarven Heroes getting a New Ability when they receive the Mithril Mail which as Elite said will compensate to a degree for the lack of Heroes for Erebor and especially Iron Hills,since Ered Luin has more than enough I think! And then of course come the fact that ET likes Unique Things and Nori Last Ability with Mithril is one of them and I kinda doubt they will sacrifice than uniqueness,but to that only the Team can answer and I hope they will have no problem with using that for other Dwarven Heroes.

Now I support this idea and I think it can cooperate really good with my Iron Hills Hero Abilities and Roles Thread and will be glad of we make something good from both!

While the Heroes in Edain has Roles and their Abilities are based on their Roles I think it will be nice if the Last Ability which they will get with the Mithril Mail would be something"out" of their Roles,but still something which corresponds with their Character,Strength and Accomplishments in Books and Movies! :-) Similar to what I suggested in my Thread for example for Lord Dain who is mainly Unit Supporter but since IHs lack in Heroes as I said there it will be nice to give them more variety and mix and thus he can get an Ability with the Mithril Mail which will represent how great Warrior  he is!Before I continue I want to know your opinion guys and we can think of Abilities,but I must say some.of those here are really cool and good but I will write about them more when I get home and read them at peace! :-)

Greetings and best regards from the Lord of the Iron Hills! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #3 am: 3. Dez 2015, 11:28 »
I support this  xD .
Sup :P

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #4 am: 3. Dez 2015, 16:40 »
I support this idea, it would be nice to have an extra ability for the Dwarven heroes.  However, most of the skills you suggest would be too powerful in my opinion, but if there is one I really like the idea for, its Gimli's ability.  I think it would work better if it were used on one hero and for a set time period, both gimli and that hero fought harder to try to get more kills then the other.  Maybe, if possible, the one with less kills has a stronger effect to try to catch up with the other.   

Add the "There is plenty for the both of us.  May the best Dwarf win!" sound clip from the Return of the King film to when gimli uses it, and I would really like that skill.  (**) (**) (**)

Anyways, back on topic, I hope the team considers adding an extra ability to the dwarven heros. 

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #5 am: 3. Dez 2015, 18:46 »
I agree with this a hundred percent
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 3. Dez 2015, 21:07 »
Ow, what the hell, ya got my vote. It's actually a good idea, I see no reason to be against it.

Sawman

« Antwort #7 am: 3. Dez 2015, 21:45 »
all I can say is I am really glad people like this idea  :) I have had it for a while now and decided to post it

As for my hero abilities I listed, they were just some abilities that came to mind I don't expect them to go anywhere

If you have any ability ideas please share because mine are very in balanced some are better and some are worse I will admit but I would love to hear yours, don't be shy we're all friends here

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 4. Dez 2015, 01:12 »
Hello Sawman,

Welcome to forum! :)

I will try to be detail in this comment, so I will start from Nori as you have mention him, and mostly you based you whole idea on him. :)
I really don't know what members of Edain team think about your idea or about Nori case, but my personal opinion is that Nori is added as new scout hero for Erebor with unique system. What I want to say?
It is some "Rich" system which is obviously based on lore or to be precise I think on movie and lore. I presume that ET has used as motive lore fact that Thorin gave Bilbo a royal gift because of his deeds, and in general that Mithril shirt was probably designed for dwarf of royal status, high noble in other words.
And Nori is exactly that in time line of WoR. Because of his "deeds" and past works he enjoy status of rich noble dwarf. So integration of such "rich" system was very cleaver move. They simply with those lore facts filled "hole" in current Mithril system in game in very unique and clever way when we speak about Nori. In my opinion currently in game Mithril system is very unique, and I think ET love it, so I am not sure they will like to remove it. I also share opinion that system with veterans is very nice. And to be clear Rich system is also very unique passive ability, so maybe all of your proposed abilities must be passive (I presume they are), in general dwarven heroes must have passive ability to be able to unlock such bonus. Team should give some detailed answer about this, I just tried to give my objective opinion. Main problem here as I can see is lack of lore reasons to implement mithril in such passive abilities.
Why should for example Bofur, Balin, Drar etc with current description of passive abilites have mithril unlocked on 10? I tried to explain you my point of view on Nori, so can you see difference in lore side of abilities you suggested and current "Rich system" on Nori?
Btw, you are creative one with all those ability names and their content.  :) Personally I find your suggestions very interesting and there is a lot of potential here for some new abilities, but my personal opinion is that team probably won't change current Mithril system soon.

P.S. I liked idea about Thorin III (E) name of ability and part about barracks as some thought to think about. Also name of Balin's proposed ability is very fitting and nice. :) Worst thing is about riding giant in my opinion, maybe because I find that scene in movie as the worst possible one in all 6 movies so far.
Also it is really nice to see that complete newbie on forum is aware of balance things, and I also suggest you in your next proposals not to concentrate your efforts on some bonuses numbers etc, but instead on main principle of which you are suggesting. Numbers are pure problem of balance. :)

Best regards,
CragLord

« Letzte Änderung: 4. Dez 2015, 01:23 von CragLord »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #9 am: 4. Dez 2015, 02:37 »
Crag, you got his suggestion completely wrong. What he is proposing is to keep the current Mithril system, except when the hero RECEIVES their shirt from the Veterans, they gain a new passive ability instead of having the spot taken up by the current passive "Mithril Shirt" ability, which really does nothing apart from take up space.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: 4. Dez 2015, 02:42 »
Yes, you have right. :)  I looked on it maybe in wrong way from "slot" view.
But  should all dwarven heroes have one more ability right now? Is that justified for all 3 factions? Veterans give mithril shirt to heroes and heroes gain mithril to their current passive? Or unlock their passive on 10 lvl? How do you explain this new mechanism?
Is it maybe out of place that Veterans unlock completely new passive ability for hero which isn't correlated to Veteran's potential to make influence on hero so it gain completely new ability? (what did I write here xD)
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Dez 2015, 02:51 von CragLord »

Sawman

« Antwort #11 am: 4. Dez 2015, 02:46 »
Hello again I think you misunderstand what I want to do Crag Lord my idea is to after a hero receives his mithril from the vets they gain another ability and the mithril icon disappears and the new ability icon appears instead unlocking a new ability I don't mean to get rid of the vet system I quite like it myself

And you are right I never said why I think this should be in the game I figure since the dwarf factions have a low hero count they need an extra ability to make up for it and this is just a way to unlock an ability without leveling up

hope this makes it easier for you understand what I am trying to say cheers  :)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #12 am: 4. Dez 2015, 03:59 »
Every other hero in the game has 5 abilities, why is it that Dwarves are limited really to 4 each? Especially considering how few heroes they get on the whole.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #13 am: 4. Dez 2015, 04:47 »
I guess the Team point is that the Mithril Mail makes the Dwarven Heroes much more resistant and tough in comparison with other Heroes !BUT I too agree with Elite Mithril or not 4-5 Heroes against 6-9 Heroes is too big of a dfference and a one more Ability will even the odds just a little bit! :-)
But if we most people agree with the idea I think we should start discussing the Abilities themselves!? :-)

Greetings and best regards from the Lord of the Iron Hills! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Sawman

« Antwort #14 am: 4. Dez 2015, 16:25 »
Well lord Dain I agree we should start discussing abilities I have already listed mine so you can post your own or go off of mine and  maybe improve my abilities

Thanks for the support of this idea cheers  :)