19. Mär 2024, 04:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris Siege  (Gelesen 36658 mal)

Vodohaka

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Stärker als die Grundfesten der Erde.
Re: Imladris Siege
« Antwort #90 am: 24. Apr 2016, 22:59 »
First I want to say that I never played 3.8.1, so I can't say if I like Lightbringers or not.

But I find the idea of a Imladris having siege weapons like the Da Vinci catapult or some ancient roman scorpion really fitting. Ok it is not mentioned in the lore (as far as I know). Yet the Noldor elves were the students of Aule the Valar of smithing and craftsmanship and the most advanced civilization in middle earth, so they should be able to build such weapons.

So I would like to see such weapons for Imladris.
Anstelle eine Dunklen Herrschers hättest du eine Königin.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #91 am: 24. Apr 2016, 23:17 »
But I find the idea of a Imladris having siege weapons like the Da Vinci catapult or some ancient roman scorpion really fitting. Ok it is not mentioned in the lore (as far as I know). Yet the Noldor elves were the students of Aule the Valar of smithing and craftsmanship and the most advanced civilization in middle earth, so they should be able to build such weapons.

I completely agree with you. Yes, it's not mentioned directly, but the lore tells us clearly that the Noldor started to craft mighty warfare material already in Aman, especially during the turmoil and unrest caused by the lies spreaded by Melkor. Therefore, I think this proposal, backed by the majority of the participants in this debate and by solid arguments, is more than legitimate  ;)

The focus on advanced warfare was exactly the main guideline followed in conceiving and discussing the suggestion.
The main problematic aspect of Light Bringers was, in my opinion, that they would have not fitted so well in the new mechanics and spirit of the 4.0 version. Their display of Magic, in addition, kind of resembled at times the destructive and direct powers of the Ainur, contrasting to the very well-known subtle and pervasive Magic Tolkien wrote about in the events set during the late Third Age (obviously, mainly LOTR).

This is really an interesting and rich thread. I hope the Edain Team will make good usage of it  :)

YeshuaEnthusiast

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #92 am: 21. Mai 2016, 19:38 »
Regarding the Mages specifically, i think it would make sense to move them into a supportive function, like health/healing, after all Rivendell was known for its peace, rest, and healing.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #93 am: 21. Mai 2016, 19:51 »
Aye agreed on the supportive part, but perhaps not only healing, but also buffing up strength and/or armor as well.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #94 am: 31. Jul 2016, 22:58 »
This thread has been moved to the Imladris Suggestions board.

MOVED

Aranruth

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #95 am: 4. Okt 2017, 07:41 »
Hi, so I've been looking through the data files, and think I found something I wanted to bring up. It has to do with Rivendell's upcoming siege weapon. In edain.data, I think I found a Hobbit Ballista reference, though I could be totally wrong, seeing as its a mix of English and German(which sadly I don't speak). Is this potentially going to be the next siege weapon for Imladris? It would be neat for a faction other than Isengard to have a ballista, though I'm not sure why hobbits would have such an engine...

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #96 am: 4. Okt 2017, 10:37 »
That's a remnant of Edain 3.8.1. In that version, Imladris used to have an Hobbit Ballista as a siege engine, which has however been replaced by their own catapult in the Edain 4, so the ballista won't almost certainly come back

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #97 am: 4. Okt 2017, 15:06 »
Which is a shame, because the Hobbit Balista was fun as hell. ;)
It launched fireworks, so Imladris could basically build rocket launchers. They even had a second kind of ammunition where they'd fire blinding explosives which in one version could perma-disable enemies. It was utterly ludicrous, but worth it from an entertainment point of view. xD

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #98 am: 4. Okt 2017, 15:23 »
Personally, I really loathed those disruptive devices. Set aside spamming or balance, the idea of Hobbits coming up with fireworks to use in battle was arrant nonsense, in my opinion. And ridiculous as well. I may understand stones, forks and sticks, but siege-designed ballistae were probably too much. I don't know if the lore provides some valuable references for the case, but this is the impression they gave me. As Doctor said, it is a remnant we have well jettisoned for good reasons. Their absence doesn't certainly displease me, nor do I wail and weep to have them come back :D

Aranruth

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #99 am: 4. Okt 2017, 17:27 »
Ive only played for a year or two, so I didn't realize that it was a past unit. It does sound kind of ridiculous imo, but i can see how it would be fun. Thats one more of the reasons love this mod though, because the Edain team tries to stay true to the spirit of Tolkiens works.
I would love to see a Lindon Ballista, especially since Cirdan is getting reworked as a building/siege supporter. I guess we will have to see, but if Walk can drop us any hints at all, they would be much appreciated :)
However, I totally understand if you cant at the moment, no hard feelings.
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Okt 2017, 17:30 von Aranruth »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #100 am: 4. Okt 2017, 18:48 »
Interesting. Aye, Círdan is to be made a building/siege supporter, as the official news rightly explained. I can confirm this. Hence, that being said, I would quite fancy a siege machine in the hands of the Keeper of the Havens, as an own feature of this sub-faction. The one-time bearer of Narya was personally taught by Ossë, the Maia ruling over storms and raging seas. He was taught the crafting of ships (and even the building of warfare machines, possibly). He's been around for more than 10000 years in Middle-earth; I'm certain that Círdan could easily live up to additional tasks :)

If you have ideas to share, I will gladly read them. I would rather let you debate, as I need focus on other things now.