2. Mai 2024, 15:27 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Feedback concerning Angmar's Tribute Carts  (Gelesen 3877 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Feedback concerning Angmar's Tribute Carts
« am: 7. Apr 2016, 13:09 »
Hey guys,

Angmar has one of the most unique mechanics to level up its buildings. Tp polish it further, we require your feedback!

- Do you like the tribute cart mechanic in general? Do you feel it's interesting and strategic or just unnecessarily cumbersome?

- Do you think Angmar is able to level up its buildings in a reasonable time? Or do you think that compared to other factions it takes too long or goes too quickly?

- Do you often end up with more tribute carts than you can handle or do you manage just fine?

Thanks for your opinions! :)
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Re: Feedback concerning Angmar's Tribute Carts
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Apr 2016, 13:33 »
I personally really like the tribute cart system.  It is one of the most unique ways to upgrade your Unit Producing buildings.  They do let you upgrade quickly, however, generally the units/upgrades cost so much that it really doesn't feel like your getting strong units too quickly.  I would really like to see this upgrade system stay.  :)

There are only 2 problems I see with this system.  Firstly, it seems like the money you get from each cart is random (correct me if I'm wrong).  I personally think it should be a fixed amount, say 300 resources, instead of it being a random number between 200 and 500 I think.  The only other thing is that you don't have access to Tribute Carts when defending on fortress maps such as Minas Morgul or Minas Tirith, which making winning very hard.

Other than that, the system should stay as it is.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Apr 2016, 13:51 »
It's not a random amount, carts from settlements always give +250 while those from the outpost always give +500. Everything else would be a bug afaik.

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #3 am: 7. Apr 2016, 14:04 »
It's not a random amount, carts from settlements always give +250 while those from the outpost always give +500. Everything else would be a bug afaik.
Good to know.  I guess that is fine then, but I don't think that is stated anywhere, so maybe it can be written in the description of the Tribute Carts, if it isn't already.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #4 am: 7. Apr 2016, 16:15 »
I like the system, it is unique and interesting. However, I think it is not optimised just yet. Especially when having levelled your buildings, I often find myself having to click all the tribute carts individually to get them back to my base or some outpost building. Would it be possible to have that Tribute Cart icon near the palantir serve as a global select, instead of selecting each one and cycling through them individually?

Also, I don't think it would hurt to have some kind of hidden timer on the settlements and outposts to see how far off the next spawn is. Would that be possible? If so, I think it would be useful to have this for all buildings that spawn units in intervals, like the Signal Fire, and the Travel Camp, but that is for another topic. It would make things easier to keep track of.

If not, would it be possible, to have some kind of general rally point where all spawned tribute carts will go rally at that certain point on the map? Either individually for each settlement building or some kind of global rally point via the citadel. If you think it would remove the necessary micro, perhaps it could serve as an extra ability for the Witch-King's sanctuary unlock.

Just to make it less arduous to having to micro all those carts in the lategame, that is all.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #5 am: 7. Apr 2016, 16:56 »
I just would like my camera stay were im looking at without moving from its place all times i click on this builders. If you can change it allowing us to just sen them to base and then use them the next time we look at the base, it would be really cool.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #6 am: 7. Apr 2016, 17:04 »
It's a great system, and I don't see much wrong with it apart from what has already ben said above. My only complaint is that clicking on the builder icon always takes the camera to them. If this can be changed that'd be great.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #7 am: 8. Apr 2016, 03:59 »
I really like the tribute carts as well, but I feel like they have a tendency to pile up in longer games. I wonder if it would be possible to put a cap on how many tribute carts can spawn from a building? Maybe make it so that only 2 or 3 max can spawn from a settlement or building. I think having all the tribute carts piling up can give angmar a gigantic economic advantage late game, and that it should be capped to a certain extent.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #8 am: 8. Apr 2016, 13:32 »
Well yes, they do give a good amount of resources, but this is countered by the fact that Angmar's Settlements produce less resources then Standard Settlements (18 instead of 24 with no upgrades).  There still might be a slight economic advantage, but nothing severe.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #9 am: 8. Apr 2016, 13:55 »
The only other thing is that you don't have access to Tribute Carts when defending on fortress maps such as Minas Morgul or Minas Tirith, which making winning very hard.

This, a thousand times.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine