I have read all topic and I'm impressed by your work lordoflinks and dkbluewizard. I'm trully supporter of this idea 😀 as it can bring more uniqueness and freshness to mod. Probably it's too late for that kind of proposal but if you will think about units concept design I would recomend to look on Scoia'tael from Witcher franchise. I know that they wouldn't suit to greece architecture but there is briliant simple of cooperating all races ( Havekars' men, Dol Blathana elves and Mahakam dwarfs ). Additionally elves in Sapkowsky's universe who ruled by queen and lived in wild nature, allways reminds me of those dark mystery Avari who never seen the light of two trees. Now thanks to gwent online we have plenty of concept designs that can be covered to more fitting to Tolkien's universe.
I just leave link to game's site if you want to see sth 😆:
I can trully understand if you if you stay with your own idea. As a huge fan of this two worlds I just couldn't miss an option of combaining them 😉.
Thank you for your kind words. Why it is too late to alter the visual design of the Dorwinion
units, the second image you provided is the perfect inspiration for the Avari guard, ambassador and lancer; allowing us to establish them as truly alien, when contrasted with the elves that saw valinor and the light of the trees.
Now before we move the concept to the wiki we have 3 tasks ahead of us:
1. Finish off the remaining heroes- this is being done by dkbluewizard
2. Decide on the role of wraiths in the fraction- I would like to have the cultists level 10 spell be a spell version of Morgul blade, and Beruthiel's level 7 'Dark Hag' ability to be a spell version of Morgul Blade that creates Greater Wraiths, a new unit (Rather than the current demon cats ability which I feel is too silly). Dkbluewizard has brought up the consideration that it clashes with lore in that Sauron is only meant to be able to create wraiths; but my reasoning is that Sauron gifted Beruthiel with that ability before she was dispatched, and she shared it with the cultists, that are now limited to 3 battalions. I would like to implement wraiths this way but we need to decide if it is lore friendly.
3. Ring Heroes: Look below this line:Ring Heroes of Dorwinion:
1. The Empress- Having seized it; she channels the power of her ancestors and invokes the aid of the Valar to combat the tide of evil as the Blue Wizards fell, able to control the ring due to her dedication to her nation, and
Rank 1 Champion of the Valar: Aura that gives nearby friendly units fearlessness and terrifies nearby enemies, and when clicked grants acess to a second palantir
Rank 3 Mount/Dismount: Mount/ Dismount
Rank 5 Royal Deed: Upgrades selected building to level 3
Rank 8 Words of Glory and Courage: Area spell that buffs the defence and attack of selected friendly units by 50%
Rank 10 Flame of the Valar: Sets the ground around the Empress in a very large area on fire with white flames
Rank 1 Champion of the Valar: Aura that gives nearby friendly units fearlessness and terrifies nearby enemies, and when clicked grants access to the first palantir
Rank 2 Strength of Tulkas: Grants the selected units invincibility for 10 seconds
Rank 4 Woods of Oromë: "Summon Elven Wood" that grants 50% armour and attack
Rank 7 Relief of Estë: Map wide healing spell
Rank 9 Gate of Námo: Pulls all enemies in the targeted area to the centre and upon reaching the centre of the targeted area they are killed (In other terms, they get sent to the Halls of Mandos) leaving no body behind
2. Pallando- The ring corrupts him utterly leaving him a mere servant to Sauron's will, and while he carries it his cloak is utter black, as well as his horse
Rank 1 Flames of Mount Doom: More powerful version of Purge level 10, with black and red flames instead of white
Rank 2 The Lidless Eye: Aura that reveals the whole map as long as Pallando wields the ring and terrifies all nearby units (Even your own)
Rank 5 Mount/Dismount;
Rank 7 Puppet of Sauron: An aura that is a more powerful version of Banishing aura, it is active as long as Pallando wields the ring
Rank 10 Judgement of the Dark Lord: Call of Mandos with a more larger area with red and black flame, rather than white
3. Beruthiel- Taking the ring for her own, she uses it to enhance her own powers and attempts to set herself up as an equal to Sauron, only unlike Sauron who she believes has deserted Melkor, she aims to shatter the doors of Night and invoke Dagor Dagoroth prematurely, so as to tip the balance in Melkor's favour, giving him (And she hopes herself) everlasting dominion.
Rank 1 Conversion: Converts enemy units to her cause.
Rank 2 Eternal Despair: Like Ringwraith passive ability but all units (Even your own) also cower in fear.
Rank 5 Dominion of the Dark Lady: Kills the selected units instantly and converts them to Greater Wraiths (Lesser wraiths that can attack and do a small amount of damage), heroes are not affected
Rank 7 Enslavement: Enemy units in a large area are decommissioned and the resources are given to the Cult side.
Rank 10 Champion of the Shadow: Converts one of your own heroes into a Nazgul (Wielding that heroes weapon and keeping their experience level), with that heroes abilities bar their level one which is replaced by Dread Visage, the Nazgul has increased health and attack but if it is killed or Beruthiel (In which case all Nazgul die automatically), the heroes can be retrained but is at level 1
4. Alatar- Upon taking the ring the Valar curse him for deserting his cause, and his cloak becomes red with the blood he has spilled in his path
All abilities do more damage, or have a larger area but upon being cast Alatar inflicts damage upon himself with each ability being cast
I have merged Bladorthin II level 1 ability into his level 3 ability and given him a leadership aura.
Once we have moved to the wiki, I think it would be a good idea having lore for every building, unit, hero and spell to justify why we picked them.