19. Mär 2024, 08:36 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Wiki  (Gelesen 7431 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Ask the Wiki
« am: 3. Nov 2016, 01:39 »
This is a place to ask any of the questions you have about the wiki itself (not the game  :P). This could have been called ask the Wiki Team but since the base concept of a wiki is to have users who have the sought knowledge answer the question of the ones seeking that knowledge, so really anybody can answer the question as long as they know. I'd like to emphasize that this is strictly to ask questions about the wiki itself, not about the mod. So if you have ever wondered anything about the wiki or you simply aren't sure about how to get the information you want from the wiki then just ask away!
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Ask the Wiki
« Antwort #1 am: 30. Dez 2016, 07:16 »
Greetings.
I come from the Dorwinion thread in the off-topic section of the forum; and I was wondering if there was the possibility of creating a section in the wiki for a proposal/suggestion of a fraction as it becomes increasingly difficult for users to read over information in a thread for such a big concept; and such a page would allow easy editing, viewing and centralisation of an idea. Of course each unit, hero and building would have to have their own page but I would not categorise these so a normal user wouldn't find them by looking through categories. 
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #2 am: 30. Dez 2016, 10:29 »
An interesting idea, I do not see any issues with it and will gladly help with the transition, this proposal is massive and interesting. I support this idea, but we shall have to wait to see what the others think. It will require a bit of preparations to avoid confusion between game content and concepts in progress but it should be do able. I'm currently unable to access internet from my computer but will return soon, I look forward to this new idea.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Dez 2016, 11:35 »
Thank you; I hope others agree with you.
Perhaps a banner at the top of the page would work.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #4 am: 30. Dez 2016, 18:36 »
So it will include only the info about the possible Dorwinion faction or other proposals (Gondor, Rohan suggestions) too? If only about Dorwinion then idk why we should highlight this particular suggestion. Overall the idea sounds good but then why not doing the same with the Evil Men possible faction? And if we collect every single concept proposed by dozens of users the page would become like that discussion - long and unpleasant to read. In general I agree if we keep things neat.

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #5 am: 30. Dez 2016, 19:09 »
I think as the general rule we will accept if users wish to keep track of massive concepts on the wiki. MU is a great place to develop concepts but sometimes the proposals just become too big. We will provide support and help to the users but it will be their job to keep the pages up to date and maintain the basic structure, we will provide some help to keep the pages neat but the greatest part of the task is up to the user. If a user wants to create a page for the Evil Men faction then they can contact us (given that the proposal is accepted) and we will provide help to get started. It is not so much a highlight of a concept by the wiki of a particular concept but more of allowing users to if they wish create databases for big concept concerning the edain mod within the wiki. Hopefully I've clarified why I have given my support to the project.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #6 am: 30. Dez 2016, 19:59 »
I think as the general rule we will accept if users wish to keep track of massive concepts on the wiki. MU is a great place to develop concepts but sometimes the proposals just become too big. We will provide support and help to the users but it will be their job to keep the pages up to date and maintain the basic structure, we will provide some help to keep the pages neat but the greatest part of the task is up to the user. If a user wants to create a page for the Evil Men faction then they can contact us (given that the proposal is accepted) and we will provide help to get started. It is not so much a highlight of a concept by the wiki of a particular concept but more of allowing users to if they wish create databases for big concept concerning the edain mod within the wiki. Hopefully I've clarified why I have given my support to the project.
Oh, now I understand. At first I thought that WE would need to scroll through numerous pages to find the needed info.
Then I agree, why not!  :)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #7 am: 30. Dez 2016, 23:48 »
I agree about the Dorwinion page although I also agree that only the massive concepts and suggestions should become part of the Wiki. These concepts should probably be as polished on the forums as possible before having a page.

Trondheim9

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.
« Antwort #8 am: 1. Jan 2017, 19:24 »
Agree with this also; and the more polished, the better, yes (and the easier).

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #9 am: 1. Jan 2017, 20:17 »
Since a majority of WT members agree I shall proceed. I've created a page here for you to post the basic faction information. You can use the other faction pages as a template,if you need any formatting but don't know how to do it just leave me a note, I'll have a look over it later (ex: FN: Make this a section header). I'll copy the basic format and let you do the rest, you just have to go to the page and click edit in the top left corner, once you're done just click submit and we'll talk more about units and hero pages. I'll get a banner and the categories sorted out, don't worry about that.

Page: Link