[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Dwarven Suggestions

Dwarven Outpost Discussion

<< < (2/8) > >>

OakenShield224:
I agree with Aule on logic behind their armies. The regions have a large population to really justify a spam tactic. They don't really seem as a region to just throw soldiers at the enemy.

I agree on the idea that Dale can focus on longer range archers while the axe throwers (currently big glass cannons) become a bit more balanced. However, we'd then need to find a way of applying this too the other units as well. I do like Necro's idea of having them act as an anti-unit category counter.

One of the few things we see about Laketown's soldiers in the films is that they are mainly just guards. One idea could be that they act as a slower, defensive unit in the game, designed to support allied buildings (and the outpost especially). This could then contrast the fast, offensive Ered Luin units. What do you think?

The_Necromancer0:
A wild thought runs in my head....

Unlike the other realms of men, Laketown and Dale were always much smaller in size both surviving thanks to their alliance with other forces, Laketown with Mirkwood and Dale with Erebor. Dale was completely unable to hold out against the invasion of the Easterlings and only survived thanks to help of the dwarves, and laketown was never truly tested in combat apart from the battle of the five armies, which they brought only 200 or so people. Their main army force was the militia that kept the "peace" (read: beat up Bard), of course the regular people would still be able to grab weapons and hit the nearest enemy with it. So here's my best shot at a new concept for LakeTown:

Getting the housing upgrade now allows recruitment of Bard and of a unit called Roused Townsfolk
Getting the military section allows to train the usual milita units, "elite" troops with small battalion sizes and limited. Their abilities become more defensive oriented (oaks idea), meant to protect a city rather than fight on open fields.

Bard's leadership now switches between providing a big buff to the roused townsfolks (Men of the People) and providing a lesser buff to all Laketown units (Heir of Girion)

Roused townfolks are a spammable units with the old battalion sizes and stats of peasants? maybe weaker than peasants. I'm sure they could use a passive or an active ability but I don't have anything in mind rn.

Still a bit rough of an idea but that's basically it, current laketown infantry becomes restricted and elite-ish and rouse townfolks, a spammble units, becomes the bulk of your laketown force with bard as support.

Julio229:

--- Zitat von: The_Necromancer0 am 15. Dez 2018, 21:26 --- A wild thought runs in my head....

Unlike the other realms of men, Laketown and Dale were always much smaller in size both surviving thanks to their alliance with other forces, Laketown with Mirkwood and Dale with Erebor. Dale was completely unable to hold out against the invasion of the Easterlings and only survived thanks to help of the dwarves, and laketown was never truly tested in combat apart from the battle of the five armies, which they brought only 200 or so people. Their main army force was the militia that kept the "peace" (read: beat up Bard), of course the regular people would still be able to grab weapons and hit the nearest enemy with it. So here's my best shot at a new concept for LakeTown:

Getting the housing upgrade now allows recruitment of Bard and of a unit called Roused Townsfolk
Getting the military section allows to train the usual milita units, "elite" troops with small battalion sizes and limited. Their abilities become more defensive oriented (oaks idea), meant to protect a city rather than fight on open fields.

Bard's leadership now switches between providing a big buff to the roused townsfolks (Men of the People) and providing a lesser buff to all Laketown units (Heir of Girion)

Roused townfolks are a spammable units with the old battalion sizes and stats of peasants? maybe weaker than peasants. I'm sure they could use a passive or an active ability but I don't have anything in mind rn.

Still a bit rough of an idea but that's basically it, current laketown infantry becomes restricted and elite-ish and rouse townfolks, a spammble units, becomes the bulk of your laketown force with bard as support.
--- Ende Zitat ---

I quite like this idea! Would it be the same for Dale, or would Dale have something different? Since maybe it wouldn't fit with Dale.

The_Necromancer0:
It could be adapted to Dale but I personally feel like it wouldn't fit. Dale is a prosperous city, much more civilized with clearer separations. The standard of living is higher and there is no need to know how to fight to survive. They would be able to field a greater militia force but the townsfolk wouldn't know how to fight. So I would keep my other concept for Dale as it is, limit the Dale militia troops to like 4-5 and limit the Laketown militia troop to 3.

OakenShield224:
I really like your idea Necro. And I agree that it wouldn't really fit with Dale.

Another potential idea that could be included is the concept of trade. I feel like it could be included in someway that to Dale, seeing as it had economic relations with Mirkwood, Erebor, Rhovanion, Rhun, and even Gondor after the War. If this is implemented in someway, it could be something else that could differentiate it from Lake Town.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln