[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Discussion and Feedback

<< < (2/4) > >>

Le Sournois:
I played Minas Tirith and enjoyed it a lot.

But, shouldn't be any armor boost when your units and those of the ennemy are on the walls (the first and the second, maybe a more important armor boost in the second) ?
It does work in standards castle but doesn't seem to work here. Your archers get completly wrecked as if they were in the field.

Otherwise, the map is very cool, very fun to play.
Oh, just one more thing, the map Minas Morgul doesn't work since the last update.

Thank you very much for these maps.

I don't know if it is possible in the future to have some siege maps where we would have to attack and destroy the ennemy but these horde maps are already awesome, thank you for your hardwork !

Le Sournois:
The Halberdiers wave is far too strong in the Minas Tirith Horde map in my opinion. Quite unbalanced in comparison to other possible waves.

Le Sournois:
Even if I like challenging map, I find that Helm's Deep is too hard especially in 4.5.4. Before, the 1st wave appeared in the east, it was easier to contain it even if it was already incredibly hard.
Now, it appears in the centre and is even far more difficult to manage because these pikes can go everywhere far more easily.

There is a stage where difficulty ruins everything. Yes, the map is still possible, but it relies too much on chance, on having an easy random 1st wave, so that the 1st intial wave is not too difficult.

Helm's Deep was already the hardest horde map, but now it's more than hard and also very frustrating if you play in network because you cannot pass this 1st wave and have to restart again and again till you beat it.

In 4.5.3 it was OK and I considered this map to be one of the best horde map. Now, it is far too hard, much too hard, I guess only the ultimate best Edain players find some fun in it.

Gnomi:
The difficulty was not changed/increased in 4.5.4.
All of the random waves also come randomly left or right. Only fixed attackers, like the crossbow hordes will always come from the same spot.

If you think that some attacks are a lot weaker/stronger than others, be free to name them, then we can adjust those attacks. :)
Also are you playing on hard or normal? Hard is actually meant to give even the best players a challenge. Horde maps overall are challenge maps.^^

Le Sournois:
I think the 1st attack is now very hard, and I am speaking about the fixed attackers (6 pikes battalions, the Uruk with crossbows including those sneaky level 5 lone units), because they come in the centre and not in the right as it used to be.

That means 2 things :

-your stronger troops have to be in the centre to counter the crossbow wave and they can more easily be flanked by melee units in the right (east) and in the left (west), when you could only be flanked by the left before as your troops were in the right side of the wall to counter the crossbows wave.

-pikes units will go straight to the right or to the left of the wall and by doing that they will pose a threat far more quickly than before to every part of the wall.

Before, they were often stuck in the right side of the wall, in the same spot where the Uruk crossbowmen were attacking, the attack was more compact, and few pikes went to the middle, and sometimes to the left but they had to go along all the wall to do it which took more time.

Before, the left side of the wall was often free of big attacks and the middle was not too difficult to defend. Now, there is no side of the wall that is free of big attacks in the 1st wave. The left, the middle and the right are equally hard to defend.

This in what the difficulty has been greatly increased in 4.5.4 in a horde map that was already one of the hardest or even the hardest.

As to the random waves, I said that not because of a general balance problem, the balance of random wave is quite good, but with some factions some random waves are harder. For example, Lothlorien has no counter against Bersekers (not proper cavalry).

But there is not a problem in that at all if it does not come alongside a 1st fixe wave which is already so hard.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln