2. Jul 2020, 16:28 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain Ranked Update  (Gelesen 87 mal)

Max_Power

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Thain des Auenlandes
Edain Ranked Update
« am: 30. Jun 2020, 23:48 »
Hi Everyone!! After my failed attempt to publish a similar post, here is my second try, hopefully now in the correct section  [uglybunti]

I am planning a new update on Edain Ranked, now that 4.5.3 is out, and hopefully more players will be active. The content on the update will include new pages for rules, tournament classifications, and links to the community (discord servers, wiki, and youtube channels-Shout Out to youtubers, you can PM me to include your channels, I will try to include all but I might forget-, etc).

The main concept around the update will be introducing seasons or leagues, so the ranking is not just a single, long time event, because we have seen that players become inactive, penalization for inactivity didn't really work either, and generally the rankings are not so representative as we would like with some exceptions *cough* *cough* JoJo *cough* *cough*.

The proposals have been diverse, from complex League/tournament-like systems where we enroll and have to play once vs each other, to simple season divison of the current ladder.

Given the small playerbase and being realistic about my ability to develop anything in a reasonable time, I would go for simple 3-4 month seasons, maybe resetting the rankings in between (or not). However, I am open to suggestions and I would know the feeling of the pvp competitive community before deciding anything. So please, share your ideas and help me make ER great again  :D
Hugs, kisses and love for everybody except the people that have ever beat me with Karsh or Zaphragor (basically 99% of the community),

MaxPow{ER}

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
Re: Edain Ranked Update
« Antwort #1 am: Gestern um 00:04 »
Amazing post  :)

Smeargollum

• Edain Balancetester
  • Gastwirt zu Bree
  • #teamfish
Re: Edain Ranked Update
« Antwort #2 am: Heute um 12:06 »
Hi MaxPower!
It's great that there will be an update for ER and I am looking forward to it ;)
Concerning the league/season idea:
I personally would love it when everyone (or just the best 16 or 32 players) would be forced to play against each other in something tournament-like from time to time. But ofc I understand that that would be much more work but maybe there will be volenteers to help organize something (I could help as well, even though I would have no idea what I would have to do  [uglybunti])
When there would just be seasons for a few month each without reseting the points afterwards, I don't think it would be much diffrent from now, and I fear that when the points would get reset people are not so motivated to play a lot, but idk  :D
Of course the data collected with the posted replays should be enough to bring people to play, though  :P

Greetings Smeargollum

PS. Are you planning to reset the points now before a lot of 4.5.3 replays are uploaded?
« Letzte Änderung: Heute um 12:42 von Smeargollum »