28. Apr 2024, 09:19 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Terrain ideas  (Gelesen 9878 mal)

yamsinacan

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Arch-Angel
Terrain ideas
« am: 23. Aug 2010, 03:51 »
I thought the other factions could use terrains, but rather as upgrades, and not default like Isengard/ Dwarves.

I always thought the stone texture Gondor had was cool :S. Why not make it an upgrade, which allows buildings being made in that area build faster and have a discount?

Rohan could have a grassland terrain. It could give all their cavalry units a speed and damage bonus.

Elves (both) could have a forest terrain, with a stealth bonus.

Angmar... a snowy terrain... :S

Mordor could have a tainted/ corrupted terrain. Or even better, be dependent on the minifaction you choose. Minas Morgul could give that eerie glow that reduces enemy armor and attack damage, and Dol Goldur could give create spiders in the area which attack hostile units that approach them...
Let us have peace.

I am a guy, so don't think any different. I just liked the picture :D.

Erzmagier

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
Re:Terrain ideas
« Antwort #1 am: 23. Aug 2010, 10:28 »
I like terrains and its a good idea.
So the terrain would have an effect, the team refused the most suggestions like this, but they were just to look good.
I don't like the upgrade of Mordor (Dol Guldur), its a litte bit like an extension of the fortress. Perhaps it could have an effect against heroes.
In which building(s?) you can research the upgrade?
„The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true.“
James Branch Cabell

yamsinacan

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Arch-Angel
« Antwort #2 am: 23. Aug 2010, 19:03 »
Well, I could see it as a fort upgrade. I would prefer it as a power that can be cast in a range  close to the fortress.

I would see Gondor's upgrade as a the only thing you buy from the fort.  The elven wood could be a power that works like the Isengard terrain, but have a bigger range to allow the stealth to work.

Mordor's effect could be a timed effect. After you buy the appropriate fort upgrade, it would start effecting. Over time, it becomes would it would be. Just like Minas Morgul and Dol Goldur. But they would not stack. Say if you have the Morgul tower in an area, that would not allow the Dol Goldur effect to work. If you wanted the Dol Goldur effect to work, you would have to make the tower an a fort a good distance away from the other fort.

Angmar's ice power could slow down all hostile enemy units. This would be a power reliant on the Witch King being built, which would unlock the the appropriate fortress upgrade.

Rohan's Grassland feature would be dependent on the the creation of farms around the map. I would actually like to change it just to a speed bonus though.

What do you think  xD
Let us have peace.

I am a guy, so don't think any different. I just liked the picture :D.

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 24. Aug 2010, 19:54 »
I absolutely don't a gree.

It would make all faction more camp-based.And i think that only lothlorien,isengard and dwarves should have this peculiarity.

However i think gondor should be much more camp-based.

Lord of Arnor

• Lehenfürst
  • All men play on 10!
« Antwort #4 am: 24. Aug 2010, 19:57 »
I absolutely don't a gree.

It would make all faction more camp-based.And i think that only lothlorien,isengard and dwarves should have this peculiarity.

However i think gondor should be much more camp-based.
Right. The aim of the mod is to create unique factions, and so the terrain idea should stay unique for Isengard.
How would you make Gondor more camp-based :)?

MfG

Lord of Arnor
Zitat
Pluralismus heißt: Ich bin nicht Jesus!
<br /><br />

Erzmagier

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
« Antwort #5 am: 24. Aug 2010, 22:04 »
Hm, thats true. But i think it would be more interesting, if you can research the upgrade in other buildings, why not in a farm, theyre not closetogether und not really in the base.
It should cost much, so its more difficult to make an impregnable fortress.
Maybe the terrain should be limited and the farm creates less ressources with the upgrade.
„The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true.“
James Branch Cabell

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 16. Sep 2010, 14:08 »
Right. The aim of the mod is to create unique factions, and so the terrain idea should stay unique for Isengard.
How would you make Gondor more camp-based :)?

MfG

Lord of Arnor

Firstly i would improve numenor stonework and fire arrows.NS would cost 3000 and it would double buildings' armor in radius 500(except farms).Fire arrows would cost 2500 ,and they'd double the arrows that buildings fire in radius 500(except farms),in addition all arrows would be fire arrows,meaning that,for example,a level 3 archery range would fire 2 fire arrows(these should hit different targets).
I know,it would cost very much,but it's worth it.I'd increase towers' health too(4500),but they should build 15 second slower.Lastly Soldiers of gondor,spearmen of gondor,tower guards,citadel guards and archers of gondor would receive +50% armor  by purchasing banners(cost increased to 1000) and +50% regeneration rate by purchasing houses of healing while near buildings(except farms).

Dralo

• Knappe Rohans
  • DragonLord
« Antwort #7 am: 16. Sep 2010, 20:41 »
hm.... i like the current system of gondor so i don't think it should be changed ;)
your suggestion is quite comprehensive but i think its not compatible with the edain mod...
(correct me if i am wrong)
also the towers health shouldnt be increased, this would abet unfair defensive playing...

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #8 am: 16. Sep 2010, 21:17 »
hm.... i like the current system of gondor so i don't think it should be changed ;)
your suggestion is quite comprehensive but i think its not compatible with the edain mod...
(correct me if i am wrong)
also the towers health shouldnt be increased, this would abet unfair defensive playing...

It isn't,dwarven tower have even more health and better armor ;)

Every decent player knows that on edain he's gonna lose by camping(sure,if the enemy isn't a newbie),i don't want gondor to be a camp faction,but i think that it should be a tougher faction overall,and radius 500 isn't much at all.
None choose to camp while he can purchase gandalf or upgrades.The upgrades aren't that cheap,and the munition upgrade only works on level 3 buildings,which costs 1000 each one.My idea only works as an upgrade for an already developed base,it doesn't encourage camping.However,to discuss this go  here http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,5860.0.html.
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Sep 2010, 21:27 von TheMostBurning »

Dralo

• Knappe Rohans
  • DragonLord
« Antwort #9 am: 16. Sep 2010, 21:54 »
but whether you play with dwarves, you are not able to put gondor rangers in it who may be upgrated with fire arrows....
gondor rangers have quite a broad reach and a high amount of damage - a tower adjusts their only weakness ;)
in middle earth dwarves are also very good builders - that would explain the better stonework of the dwarven tower..... :)

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #10 am: 16. Sep 2010, 22:07 »
but whether you play with dwarves, you are not able to put gondor rangers in it who may be upgrated with fire arrows....
gondor rangers have quite a broad reach and a high amount of damage - a tower adjusts their only weakness ;)
in middle earth dwarves are also very good builders - that would explain the better stonework of the dwarven tower..... :)

Numenor bastions were superior to Dwarven ones,and when fortified cities as Minas Tirith and Fornost were built only a few years passed since the ruin of numenor,so the builders were still very skilled.According to the lore Dwarven greatness lays in their underground forts,not in gates or walls(in fact,the politic they mostly adopted was to hide and resist passively).
In addition of this,unless the team didn't change this,rangers dealt,in 2.01,100 pierce damage and 50 fire damage(when upgraded),while men of dale dealt 75 pierce damage and 75 fire damage(upgraded),and as many units are weaker to fire than to pierce(except lots of monsters,although)MoD are basically stronger(even not considering they have better armor).
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Sep 2010, 22:09 von TheMostBurning »

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
« Antwort #11 am: 16. Sep 2010, 22:39 »
Numenor bastions were superior to Dwarven ones,and when fortified cities as Minas Tirith and Fornost were built only a few years passed since the ruin of numenor,so the builders were still very skilled.According to the lore Dwarven greatness lays in their underground forts,not in gates or walls(in fact,the politic they mostly adopted was to hide and resist passively).
In addition of this,unless the team didn't change this,rangers dealt,in 2.01,100 pierce damage and 50 fire damage(when upgraded),while men of dale dealt 75 pierce damage and 75 fire damage(upgraded),and as many units are weaker to fire than to pierce(except lots of monsters,although)MoD are basically stronger(even not considering they have better armor).

yes, but the Gondorians didn't have the skills in building of numenors any more

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #12 am: 16. Sep 2010, 22:42 »
yes, but the Gondorians didn't have the skills in building of numenors any more

Exactly what i mean.But gondorians never build any city in the third age,when the numenor kings' descent had already been interrupted. They lived in the cities built by numenoreans in fact.

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
« Antwort #13 am: 16. Sep 2010, 22:43 »
Exactly what i mean.But gondorians never build any city in the third age,when the numenor kings' descent had already been interrupted.

but maybe they build towers etc. for defense against Mordor

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #14 am: 16. Sep 2010, 22:48 »
but maybe they build towers etc. for defense against Mordor

Not according to the lore.Gondorians lived in the great fortified cities and in a few rural villages,that didn't have any defence.