28. Apr 2024, 05:12 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Rohan Cocepts and Feedback  (Gelesen 8923 mal)

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
Rohan Cocepts and Feedback
« am: 16. Sep 2010, 15:30 »
Discuss here about your concept to improve this faction,and tell the bugs you found in your experience of playing.

Ok,my proposals are about the 2 tier four spells.
March of the Ents is an amazing power,being able to raze bases and blah blah blah
It's perfect,so my only proposal is to change the summon by taking away a Pine Ent and an Oak Ent and bringing TreeBeard's level to 7.This way the overall power of the summon will be slightly increased maintaining the balance as it was,but it'll be more interesting to use.If it would be too strong an other ent could be taken away(a ranged one).

Ancients of the Rohirrim is a good power,although it isn't as good as Erenion's summon or the Ancients.Helm has 3 great abilities,the leadership,the shockwave and the inspire terror.The third power is intended to be a particularly powerful single hit.The only problem is that it is weaker than the normal Helm's attack.I just suggest to improve it,as Helm is known as HammerHand because he could kill a man with a single punch.
The guards should be greatly improved.They are only four,they should have 2500 health,the armor should be tougher(like Rohan Captain's).
They have names relating to the region they defend.
I think that a summoned unit with no abilities is rather ridicolous,so i've developed 8 abilities.
Each guard has one passive power and one active power(guards are classed as infantry).
Northern Guard grants double damage with a 50% scalar against heroes to nearby allied infantry and resistance to fear,has a spell granting nearby allied infantry knockback and splash damage(radius 10)while reducing armor by 33%.
Southern Guard grants double armor against everything but poison and magic to nearby allied infantry and resistance to terror,has a spell granting nearby allied infantry crush immunity and halves splash radius of the opponent's units/heroes while reducing damage by 33%.
Western Guard grants continous regeneration to nearby allied infantry and double armor against poison,has a spell that heals over time for 2% health per second for 30 seconds nearby allied infantry while reducing attack speed by 33%.
Eastern Guard provides to nearby enemy infantry -25% damage and -25% armor and cancels enemy fear and terror resistance,has a spell that cancel every enemy and allied buff.
Guards' leaderships have radius 75,their abilities have radius 100,except EG's debuff with radius 200 and EG's spell with radius 150.Leadership stack,each spell but EG's cancels the previously casted one.Spells last 30 seconds but EG's which is a istant cast.Guards' spell are classified as Buffs,to avoid them stacking with any other buff.Spells cooldown last twice the duration of the summon.

Edit : Fixed EG's spell.

« Letzte Änderung: 31. Okt 2010, 14:24 von TheMostBurning »

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
Re:Rohan Cocepts and Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 17. Sep 2010, 13:29 »
I have two other new concepts.

The first one is pretty simple.When a rohan farm is destroyed,a battalion of peasants is spawned.Here is my idea: when a rohan farm is destroyed,it spawns a battalion of peasants(if no units have been chosen for that farm),or a battalion of the unit you chose(axeman,swordsman,pikemen,archers or spearthrowers).This will be expensive enough to discourage players to spam farms and purchase a unit(like a warg sentinel spam),but will be very useful to counter harassment.At level 1 farms will only be able to spawn peasants,to avoid this system stopping the enemy harassment early on.At level 2 they are able to spawn swordsmen,pikemen and archers.At level 3 they can spawn axemen and spearthrowers.

The second one is about the EkenBrand summon.It will summon 1 battalion of  westfold spearmen,2 battalions of westfold swordsmen,Ekrenbrand obviously,and a permanent WestFold herold.By sending the herold into a Rohan barracks that one,only than one,will be able to recruit wesfold spearmen and swordsmen at level 2.The herold disappears,but others can be summoned again.The rohan barracks gains +500 health and +25% armor.WF spearmen cost 600 and 40 cp,WF swordsmen cost 650 and 40 cp.
« Letzte Änderung: 17. Sep 2010, 13:34 von TheMostBurning »

Jarl Hittheshit

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
« Antwort #2 am: 17. Sep 2010, 13:51 »
I have two other new concepts.

The first one is pretty simple.When a rohan farm is destroyed,a battalion of peasants is spawned.Here is my idea: when a rohan farm is destroyed,it spawns a battalion of peasants(if no units have been chosen for that farm),or a battalion of the unit you chose(axeman,swordsman,pikemen,archers or spearthrowers).This will be expensive enough to discourage players to spam farms and purchase a unit(like a warg sentinel spam),but will be very useful to counter harassment.At level 1 farms will only be able to spawn peasants,to avoid this system stopping the enemy harassment early on.At level 2 they are able to spawn swordsmen,pikemen and archers.At level 3 they can spawn axemen and spearthrowers.

there should be peasants,axeman,swordsman,pikemen,archers or spearthrowers spawned when they were called in this farm. If you call swordsmen there will be swordsmen spawned after destruction. I think this is better, but your idea is also nice.

I´m against your Erkenbrand koncept, because i think there are better ways to bring westfold to the barracs (I made a koncept which is already in the "Konzept-Sammlung") your idea is a bit too comlex

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Sep 2010, 14:26 »
there should be peasants,axeman,swordsman,pikemen,archers or spearthrowers spawned when they were called in this farm. If you call swordsmen there will be swordsmen spawned after destruction. I think this is better, but your idea is also nice.

I´m against your Erkenbrand koncept, because i think there are better ways to bring westfold to the barracs (I made a koncept which is already in the "Konzept-Sammlung") your idea is a bit too comlex

I don't understand what's the difference between our concepts .-.,i think you simply misunderstood.
A level 1 farm can spawn peasants.Leve 2 peasants,swordsmen,pikemen and archers.Level 3 peasants,swordsmen,pikemen,archers,axemen and spearthrowers.Obviously,you must purchase one before the farm is destroyed,if you don't want peasants.

I could create an easier way to obtain westfold units,but it's intended that rohan shouldn't have them until mid to late game,and they must be hard to obtain,because the strenght of rohan mustn't lay in its infantry.
I read your post in the concept library,however i think that it is definitely too easy to obtain them that simple way.It would be imbalanced and not unique.
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Sep 2010, 09:44 von TheMostBurning »

yamsinacan

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Arch-Angel
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Sep 2010, 03:50 »
I suggest plain feature for the farms... It allows the farms to make the area around them (about the same radius as tainted land) into a grassland'ish area. It would allow the cavalry to move faster, and allow them to trample longer and do more damage when trampling.

It would also have a downside, though. It  should have a bad effect on the farms, since they would lose area to farm. You should be able to choose if you want to cancel the plain, so your farms can go back to making resources, but their should be a limit so their won't be any abuse.

Another implementation would let them farms make the land any where they want to (like casting tainted land). It would have the same time as tainted land, but your farm won't produce resources for a short. The reason it is timed is to signify that they have to maintain the plain, or it will go back to it's original state.  The reason their is a "no resource" penalty is to show that all the workers "creating" the plain.

I find this is significantly different from Isengard's terrain feature in: 1) It has a negative effect that you may not want, 2)It benefits your units, but in a unique way, suited to the faction of the Horse Lords (^^).
Let us have peace.

I am a guy, so don't think any different. I just liked the picture :D.

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Sep 2010, 09:34 »
I think it wouldn't be that balanced.
Anyone would make farms to produce resources,then he would spam farms to use this power by destroying and rebuilding new ones.

Dralo

• Knappe Rohans
  • DragonLord
« Antwort #6 am: 26. Sep 2010, 14:05 »
i agree with TheMostBurning, it would be way too powerfull
also because its permanent
and anyway there is a spell with quite similar effects, also some spells of heros (e.g. theoden and eomer reinforce cavalry) ;)

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 20. Okt 2010, 22:22 »
About the Ancient of the rohirrim...the Guards would have 200 hero damage and 200 siege damage.
I seriously can't understand why the team left this spell as weak as it is from so many versions  :o

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #8 am: 27. Okt 2010, 19:04 »
A concept concerning the heroic couple that killed the mighty Witch King.

Merry

The hobbit gains 3 new abilities.

Potion of the Ents(Level 5)
This is based on the potion that Merry and Pippin drank in the house of TreeBeard.Near heroes are slightly healed(800)and gain double experience rate for 60 seconds.Cooldown 2 minutes.Radius 100.

Rider of the Riddermark(Level 7)
Passive ability.Provides +50% armor and +25% armor and damage increasing with the number of near rohan heroes in radius 200 : 1 hero 1.5x/2 heroes 2x/3 heroes 3x.

Arnor Dagger(Level 10)
Based on the strike he inflicted to the Witch King allowing Eowyn to give him the final hit.This is a single special hit that can be casted on Wights and Wraiths only(including Karsh,Nazguls,Shades of Morgul and Castellans).It cripples the target and halves its armor for 30 seconds;damage 200 magic and 200 hero.Cooldown 3 minutes.
Cost increased to 600.

Edit : Merry has 600 health points at level 1 and 800 at level 10,damage remains the same,light hero armor.

Eowyn

The actual Eowyn is quite boring,as his abilities are not much useful and really plain,making her simply useless.But Eowyn is one of the most complex characters of LotR,and she needs a overhaul.

Eowyn played two roles : she was the White Lady of Rohan as well as a proud shielmaiden.
This is reflected in her spell list.
She has 2 Palantìri.Her first power,ShieldMaiden/White Lady,allows her to switch between a fighting form and a supportive form(cooldown 1 minutes).Each form brings its own abilities and different values.Her passive powers are bound to the selected form as well,they are listed in the switch ability,even though that appears as an active spell.

ShieldMaiden

Shieldmaiden(Level 1)
Passive ability,listed in the switch.Grants Eowyn +10% damage,armor and spell recharge time for each near enemy hero in radius 200,up to +50%.

Mount/Dismount(Level 1)

Doesn't change.

Smite(Level 3)
Remains as before,but it's strenght increases with level 5,7 and 10 : 1.5x/2x/3x.The level three damage is obviously lesser than the actual one.Flying monsters take more damage(i don't know the exact actual smite damage,so i can't be more accurate).Cooldown 2 minutes.

Ride with me(Level 6)

Eowyn disguises herself as a Rohirrim and rides with Merry amid the armies of Rohan to join the battle of Pelennor.Eowyn is immune to single target spells,and gains +30% move and attack speed for 30 seconds.Cooldown 3 minutes.

Im not a man!(Level 10)
Eowyn reveals herself and unleashes her furious might.The shieldmaiden obtains double armor and damage and knockback resistance for 30 seconds.Cooldown 3 minutes.

White Lady

Lady of Rohan(level 1)
Passive ability,listed in the switch.Allied units near Eowyn are immune to fear and terror effects and heroes attack 25% faster(optional,as it is probably imbalanced)

Mount/Dismount(Level 1)

Doesn't change.

Your words are poison(Leve 3)

Eowyn can see through deceiving words,and she is free from conditioning.
Debuffs casted on units and heroes in the selected area are deleted and no other can be cast on them for 30 seconds.Radius 200.Maximum cast range 200.Cooldown 2 minutes.

Fight for they who you love(Level 6)
Based on Eowyn's constancy in encouraging Merry.Selected hero gains +50% armor,damage and double experience for 3 minutes.Cooldown 3 minutes.

White Lady of Ithilien(Level 10)

Eowyn has learned the healing skills of gondor and the properties of the Ithilien's herbs.
Health of the units in the selected area(radius 200,maximum cast range 200,istant cast)is permanently increased by 200(not stackable)and units and heroes' armor is permanently increased by 30%(not stackable).Cooldown 4 minutes.

Edit : Eowyn changes values by switching form.
As Shieldmaiden she has 3000 health at level 1 and 4500 at level 10,300 damage at level 1 and 450 at level 10,though hero armor(im not sure edain still uses the 2.01 armor system).
As White Lady she has 2400 health at level 1 and 3000 at level 10,150 damage at level 1 and 200 at level 10,light hero armor.

Cost increased to 2000.

« Letzte Änderung: 17. Dez 2010, 13:54 von TheMostBurning »

Jarl Hittheshit

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
« Antwort #9 am: 27. Okt 2010, 19:25 »
I think "potion of the Ents" is not for every Hero, because just Ents drins it and Merry and Pippin are very special with it. Perhaps healing himself would be more logical.

Shadow Killer but be better named "Beleriand Dagger" or something like this beacause he hat an old elven dagger with that might.

but agree with you and Eowyn sound very interesting (i never made her before, because i think the other Heroes are more usefull but that would give her new interest)
but what about stting the switch to a level (perhaps 3?) because she wasn´t such a shieldmaid so early.

Dralo

• Knappe Rohans
  • DragonLord
« Antwort #10 am: 27. Okt 2010, 20:22 »
I realy like your ideas about Eowyn, that would realy make her much more usefull
and i support this concept ;)

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #11 am: 27. Okt 2010, 20:59 »
I think "potion of the Ents" is not for every Hero, because just Ents drins it and Merry and Pippin are very special with it. Perhaps healing himself would be more logical.

Shadow Killer but be better named "Beleriand Dagger" or something like this beacause he hat an old elven dagger with that might.

but agree with you and Eowyn sound very interesting (i never made her before, because i think the other Heroes are more usefull but that would give her new interest)
but what about stting the switch to a level (perhaps 3?) because she wasn´t such a shieldmaid so early.

I agree about this point,but that would only make Merry a bit stronger on himself,but still one of the weakest heroes in the mod.By supporting other heroes,he can be worth his price.

I'm open to new names,but the blade was forged by Arnor blacksmiths,so Arnor Dagger would be more appropriate than Beleriand Dagger,which has no connection.

I thought a lot about the switch mechanic,but i concluded that both forms should be equally strong.Without her fighting skills,Eowyn can't easily level up,so starting only with his support form would be a significant nerf.

« Letzte Änderung: 31. Okt 2010, 14:31 von TheMostBurning »

yamsinacan

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Arch-Angel
« Antwort #12 am: 16. Dez 2010, 19:19 »
Merry's power should paralyze rather than cripple. (Paralyze makes the target be able to do nothing, including moving, attacking, or using powers)

Let us have peace.

I am a guy, so don't think any different. I just liked the picture :D.

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #13 am: 17. Dez 2010, 13:50 »
The idea behind the power is that merry needs to fight with an other allied hero to kill stronger enemies,so it reduces armor.
But effectively,as the use is limited to wraiths,it could even paralyze.

Lugdush

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #14 am: 2. Mai 2011, 21:49 »
I have one suggestion:
Gandalf played very important role in the battle for Helm Deep and Rohan rescue. Therefore, it should be at least a spell summoned to 25p Gandalf White + Erkenbrand and Rohan army, like in the book. Helm Hammerhand be weaker, and as a spell 15p