23. Mai 2024, 10:27 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Hobbit Trilogy  (Gelesen 128509 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: The Hobbit Trilogy
« Antwort #255 am: 29. Okt 2015, 11:54 »
Zitat
I really regret that PJ left such beautifull and meaningfull scenes full of wisdom and dramtic moments out for showing like more Alfrid and Legolas !
Yes, you are right. This is just a beautiful scene. Personally i think its one of the best scenes in the movies. Sadly....

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #256 am: 29. Okt 2015, 12:01 »
Absolutely agree!
The Acorn Scene and the Gems Scene are deffinetely one of the highlights of the Hobbit Trilogy if not one of the best everr ! :) They deserved a place there more than most EE scenes included! :(

I just can't think why PJ delted them from the EE!  :(
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #257 am: 29. Okt 2015, 12:06 »
^^Ealendril, I completely agree with you, that scene could have been the best scene of BOTFA  :(.
^No problem, LordDain, I always look for this kind of scenes in the Hobbit anyway  ;)
About the coronation of Dain, I agree - I was imagining all the main characters standing near the Throne of Erebor, then Dain comes in, wearing the King's robes, sits on the Throne, and Balin coronates him - abd then the 'Long live the King!' part. I mean, his coronation scene during the funeral was nice, but imo not enough  8-|
And if we start on unfinished plots, there are quite some -
1.What is Sauron's plan and why does he want Smaug and Erebor? - this was easily fixable - the palantir vision scene that should have been in DOS could have explained everything clearly without leaving the people wondering.
2.Why didn't they show at least a few seconds-scene of Smaug destroying the Windlance, after all the build-up it got neglected? - only a few seconds, Smaug could see the Windlance and destroy it, and after Bard sees it destroyed, he goes to the Belltower.
3.I am very grateful that PJ showed us a short glimpse of the Kingdom of Angmar, I like that realm. But he could have explained it more to the casual viewer; for example, when Gandalf is talking about Angmar with Bard and Thranduil, he could explain the story of Angmar to Bard, and then PJ could show a flashback showing its history, the war with Arnor, and most importantly - that flashback could have been an opportunity to explain the story of Thranduil's dead wife.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Hobbit movies - actually they are my favorite movies ever!  xD
But, maybe if the stories I mentioned had been more developed, the movies could have been so much better.  :(

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #258 am: 29. Okt 2015, 13:11 »
I'm quite disappointed by this extended edition...  :(
What did we get? 20 minutes of ... some ridiculous scenes (Alfrid's scene is a shame, not to mention Legolas'), "more" Smaug and Beorn (c'mon, both barely got 10 additional seconds on screen), really weird concepts (that troll with no foot and no arm... wtf can't unsee it and the one in Alfrid scene isn't better; other trolls/halftrolls are just ok, no more) and a way too short funeral/coronation scene.
Still, I liked the battle between dwarves and elves, some new battle scenes and the battlewagon scene, even if it's far from perfect. The only close to perfect scene is the dicussion between Bofur and Bilbo: I love that one. Too bad they deleted scenes like the one you guys mentioned...

"That still only counts as one!"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #259 am: 29. Okt 2015, 15:53 »
you and me both mate im so disappointed by the EE and i saw some deleted scenes that i was thinking they are going to appear in the movie but they did not

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
« Antwort #260 am: 13. Nov 2015, 19:29 »
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #261 am: 13. Nov 2015, 19:45 »
My post on ModDB  :)

Zitat
If you are interested, this is the 'behind the scenes' and the conceivement history of the Dol Guldur plot, involving the setting, the conceptual aspects of the characters and the plot's development itself.

Especially, from 18.47 there is the rough and non-CGI shooting of the Banishment of Sauron, the most memorable acting moment of the Hobbit trilogy, according to John Howe, the conceptual designer ;)

I hope that, if anyone had doubts, you will change idea a bit about Drowned/Seaweed Galadriel :)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #262 am: 20. Nov 2015, 19:01 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
Alright, so with some bonus content surfacing with the extended edition, it's clearly stated by PJ himself that filming the Hobbit was next to a disaster.
The sudden change in director, and the complete shift in the vision of the movie has left barely any time for planning and preproduction, quite unlike in LOTR where it was one of the best planned and prepared 3 movies ever!

What does everyone think? Does that elevate some of the fan flame off Peter? Do you think that the studio should have cooperated more with PJ regarding time delays?

For me I think Peter would have a quite better result if he had the time to prepare. Especially with the Battle of Five Armies which was the least well received among the 3 Hobbit movies.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #263 am: 20. Nov 2015, 19:41 »
The sudden change in director, and the complete shift in the vision of the movie has left barely any time for planning and preproduction, quite unlike in LOTR where it was one of the best planned and prepared 3 movies ever!

Simply perfect words!
I too have always admired how everything is nearly closed to a perfect harmony in LOTR when we talk about coherence, continuity and circularity of the whole ensemble.
A 10-hour-long ensemble magnificently managed to be a masterpiece worthy of the Annals of Motion Picture.

Sadly, the difference is evidently clear regarding the Hobbit trilogy.
It's such a pity that it could have turned out to be far greater than it has been...

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #264 am: 20. Nov 2015, 20:01 »
I personally think it was not that much of a disaster, despite the criticisms. If I had to summarize my feelings in one sentence, it would be :"It could have been so fucking better".

"That still only counts as one!"

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • This is SauronlordoftheEarth from modb LOVE EDAIN!
« Antwort #265 am: 20. Nov 2015, 20:12 »
It truly was not that bad. Sure the story was not really to close to the book but if you want that watch the animated version. The movies dialogue was not great but also not bad. the story line i felt was very good and the White Council Vs the Nazgul and Sauron was pretty cool. So all in all i would give these movies each one an 8/10.
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #266 am: 20. Nov 2015, 20:19 »
a 8/10 is that a joke man the movies were perfectly directed and you saw the problems P.J. had when he was making the movies even the kids were good at acting the world of the movie is awesome, and so what if the movies wasn't like the book if it were like the book as a movie it would not be good as it is now any way ony the hype for thorin wasn't that good and it wasn't PJ who did that in the first place   i know dain should be the one who kills the pale orc and leads the dwarfs to victory.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #267 am: 20. Nov 2015, 20:25 »
I don't think the movie itself is a disaster. But the process of making it was. barely any planning at all. but yeah it
Zitat
could have been so fucking better

EDIT:
Zitat
a 8/10 is that a joke man the movies were perfectly directed
Well BOFA got a 60% on rotten tomatoes (6/10), and it was faaaar faaaar from perfectly directed. The movie is filled with nonsense.
It's not a BAD movie, BUT it could have been much better.
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Nov 2015, 20:45 von hoho96 »

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • This is SauronlordoftheEarth from modb LOVE EDAIN!
« Antwort #268 am: 20. Nov 2015, 20:58 »
They were not perfectly directed and i said it is better that it is not an exact copy of the book. It could have been better and 8/10 is a very good rating.
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #269 am: 20. Nov 2015, 22:36 »
they dint have time as hoho said and if P.J. was a bad director the movie could be worst
P.J. is a good director so that's why wee got the movie wee got but still he dint do what he wanted he had no prep time.