30. Apr 2024, 15:47 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Elrond - Lord of Imladris  (Gelesen 110893 mal)

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
Re: Elrond - Lord of Imladris
« Antwort #300 am: 30. Jan 2019, 16:09 »

Stronger effect while levelling is already implemented in his first water ability.
Bonuses while Cirdan is levelling has Lindon tower.
And Strider is in Imladris, too.
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Jan 2019, 11:26 von Tiberius Ogden »

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
« Antwort #301 am: 30. Jan 2019, 22:28 »
Now, I said I wanted to adress the points Tiberius made in response to OakenShield, but Julio has already done that. So I'll just propose my own idea how Elrond's skillset could look like; it's not a finished concept and instead more a rough outline.

This concept removes the mass-slayer aspect for the most part, and that could move to Glorfindel, Imladris are not really in great Need for a tank in my opinion. I will make a concept for him in another thread, because it obviously has not much to do with the topic.

As I said, it's not a finished concept, and I'd like to hear thoughts. But please don't use the arguments that it would "change too much" or "doesn't fit in the established roles"; because that something is established doesn't mean it's good.
Sometimes, radical changes are the biggest improvements.

Signed,
A very tired Nazgul
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #302 am: 30. Jan 2019, 22:52 »
I wanted to ask who will be the new tank hero when Glorfindel will take Elrond's mass slayer role.
And then I saw this:

Imladris are not really in great Need for a tank in my opinion

Ok. xD
I've considered Glorfindel to be the most interesting tank hero in the entire game, because he very nice way use light elven magic for his defense, which is pretty lore wise. We sadly can't say that about Thranduil.

It's basically similar to Elrond from 3.8.1 (I was great fan of his abilities by the way and liked them a lot, but I fear that ship has sailed in 4.0).
And who will be the hero healer - only Elrond? And what for Arwen? Or both?

P.S. I'll probably take personally removal of water horses while Elrond is levelling. 8-| :P

About the Three Rings argument, I believe I can fall back to my previous argument about the concept's fittingness. There is no doubt it does fit the ideas behind it and reflect Vilya's nature, but I believe a better effect for it could be found for the sake of balance and uniqueness, since while the concept is fitting, in my opinion it doesn't quite fulfill the other two.

Actually it is unique - there isn't anything in the game what causes invincible base. And concerning balance - last ability of the faction hero who will cost 3 000, can be used only for defense, and its duration will be around 30 - 45 seconds doesn't seem to me OP. On the other hand, current restoration (which can only refresh skillsets, but still) can be used either for offensive or defensive gameplay, because you can refresh in target location not only all of your heroes, but allied heroes as well (imagine Gandalf using all of his mass slayer abilities twice). :o
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Jan 2019, 12:31 von Tiberius Ogden »

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #303 am: 31. Jan 2019, 14:37 »
Actually it is unique - there isn't anything in the game what causes invincible base. And concerning balance - last ability of the faction hero who will cost 3 000, can be used only for defense, and its duration will be around 30 - 45 seconds doesn't seem to me OP. On the other hand, current restoration (which can only refresh skillsets, but still) can be used either for offensive or defensive gameplay, because you can refresh in target location not only all of your heroes, but allied heroes as well (imagine Gandalf using all of his mass slayer abilities twice). :o

Firstly, you are correct in saying that there are no abilities in 4.4.1 that will lead to an invincible base. However, you have forgotten that 4.5 Angmar will be able to render their base invulnerable (something that I have mentioned in this thread). I know there have been discussions about the thematic differences of a ring of power compared to a snowstorm and fell winds, but the end result is the same.

Then with your arguments about Restoration being able to restore very strong hero abilities, well Imladris doesn’t really have any massive abilities that would have such a big effect on the game if restored (maybe a heal and a couple of fear abilities but that’s about it). Lothlorien would have a lot more destructive abilities (Legolas Arrow Wind, Haldir White Arrow, Celeborn being able to completely wipe out heroes with his abilities) and yet you are completely fine with Lothlorien having the restoration. As for allied heroes, the mod itself is balanced for 1v1 games. However, it should be easy enough to make it so that Restoration would only affect heroes of your faction if it is a balance issue.

With regards to the point about Imladris’ mass slayer hero, does it really need a “heavy” mass slayer like Gandalf, Saruman and Zaphragor (or even Legolas and Gimli)? The faction has the Blademasters which can deal AOE damage to deal with spam. The Wind and Sea lore masters both deal AOE damage and disrupt movement with their basic attacks. Combine the lore masters and you have some more crowd control abilities such as Light Spectrum or Searing Sunlight. The faction already has the best troops in the game. It’s for these reasons that quite a few people are fine with the faction having a “lighter” mass slayer in the form of Elrond especially as it allows his healer aspect to be represented in Restoration. The best heroes are those that are versatile and need more thought and skill to use properly. Focusing Elrond on being a mass slayer to the detriment of the rest of his character, and then giving him an invincibility power at the end just makes him less interesting to use. If you look at current examples of invincibility in the game, I’m not sure that anyone really likes Thorin being able to make a surrounding army invulnerable, and that ability only lasts for 10 seconds. The Elrond ability would be even stronger by affect units, heroes AND buildings plus you’re saying that it would last a lot longer. The Team removed Galadriel’s invincibility for a reason, it doesn’t really make sense to just give it to another hero. 

If you feel the need for Imladris to improve their mass slaying, then Glorfindel’s abilities could easily be slightly adjusted to make him a “lighter” mass slayer while also keeping some of his tank aspects. You also keep mentioning that Arwen is the “healer” of the faction. I don’t really see why this is the case considering she wasn’t able to heal Frodo, flat out said “we must get him to my father” and only he was able to cure Frodo from the effects of the Morgul Blade. If you look at the source material, even Glorfindel or the Twins would be a better representation of a healer considering that Glorfindel actually makes Frodo feel better for a small time and the Twins help Aragorn in helping the wounded in Minas Tirith. Make Arwen a unit and hero supporter all you want (she did support Aragorn after all) but I don’t see the need to make her a healer.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #304 am: 31. Jan 2019, 15:11 »
And your proposal for Elrond skillset is? Or you are fine with him as he is now?

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #305 am: 31. Jan 2019, 15:43 »
And your proposal for Elrond skillset is? Or you are fine with him as he is now?

I'm going completely out of the topic here but I feel this needs to be said. I don't feel like your attitude towards arguments that go against your own or ideas you propose is healthy for the nature of the debate or the concept itself at all. Oak, me and others have presented compelling arguments that could have sparked an actually nice debate (a lot of thought went into them), and so far your responses have ranged from smug remarks, to ignoring the arguments or parts of them, or just flat out asking for a proposal to replace them, then. I do not believe this to be healthy for debate and it is something I believe you could work towards improving. Suggestions do not have to be liked by everyone, if someone has an argument about it, the best way to discuss it is to actually tackle the argument in the right way and not just reply with a smug remark or "show another proposal, then". The current way this discussion is going is certainly not encouraging me to continue discussing after all of my arguments feel like a wasted effort and would certainly not encourage others into entering the discussion. And discussion is the key behind this and every other concept in MU to come to fruition and improve.

I certainly believe that if you put time into answering people's legitimate arguments about it, you could defend the concept in a much, much better way than your current replies are doing.

Finally, I would like my name to be removed of the "in favour" list, if possible. While the concept itself is great, the balance issue and other issues me and others have stated that haven't found a real answer make me take this choice. I am sorry for it, but I don't really feel like I am in favour of this concept anymore.
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Jan 2019, 15:48 von Julio229 »

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #306 am: 31. Jan 2019, 16:01 »
Julio, of course, I read everything and considering every option and I am glad that you participate (and currently I'm preparing something what reflects BohdanHmel - TheonlytrueWK ideas and yours as well).
Just want to see your concrete skillset suggestions (if you have them, if not, no problem) - you know - for better comparison. :)
It's my style and always was - Walkure knows it.
Because we're maybe "locked" in our vision, that's completely normal, and need to see other alternatives. Concrete ideas which presented BohdanHmel and TheonlytrueWK quite helped, because I think that we're still in the circle in terms of argumentations (you're using our arguments against us and vice verca), so I think that it's time to move forward. At least little bit. xD

And be sure that I don't want to defend at all cost our proposal - why should I? I don't have any insurance that it'll be ever implemented. :P
But it never was about that, just trying to see more alternatives.
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Jan 2019, 16:08 von Tiberius Ogden »

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #307 am: 31. Jan 2019, 18:09 »
I appreciate that both sides of this debate are locked in their own sides and the arguments aren't really going anywhere. However, I'm not really sure I can continue with this discussion at the moment (mainly just lacking the motivation to deal with it). I'll continue if there are any big changes to the overall proposal, but at the moment, I'd have to say that I'm not in favour of the idea. I've explained why I disagree with it already so I won't repeat myself. I wish it could be otherwise but that's just the way things are.

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #308 am: 31. Jan 2019, 20:08 »
I would like to see rework done to Elrond as he seems to me as not powerfull as it should be and I would like to see his restoration spell gone but right now I'm against idea of invincibility effect which his spell could cast over base. In my opinion inincibility is the most gamebreaking effect that could be aplayed on hero or units. Right now I'm not very happy that Angmar will get similar power. I don't realy know how much it affects gameplay but I cannot accept any more redesigns which include this effect.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #309 am: 31. Jan 2019, 21:32 »
I think it's time for all of us to get back to the right tracks. Heated exchanges of opinions could hardly help our cause and most of the times either degenerate further or freeze discussion altogether, despite the 'heat' in there (sorry for the pun). No one should certainly feel forced to participate in whatever debate, or even needs to be teased to come up with some random answer, just for the sake of it; I agree with Julio's consideration, and that is probably the worst way we could conduct a debate, and so we must act in order to avoid such pernicious eventuality.

On the other hand, I encourage everyone willing to immerse themselves into the beauty of concept-making, to try to look at things with the broadest sight possible. We're surely tackling very complex, structural issues which also relate to crucial themes of the canons. Sometimes, being a bit fixated on details (or balance) prevents one from enjoying the whole portrait, and that's a true pity. I believe this is what Tiberius wanted to say; we both are very similar, in that we're two conceptual souls that know very well how much vital creativity is, and often clashed against others who had a different (drier) stance on the matter, but time proved us right. Without a clear creative vision of the entire picture, even if partial and disregarding some aspects, this Mod would silently decay and die as a plant deprived of sunlight; this is the most important lesson I have learnt so far, and that's why I've always supported every brave change which the team has hitherto undertaken (this is evenly true in regards to a couple of MU veterans I and Tiberius had the honour to work with). Anyway, I hope we'll be able to keep ourselves together and finally get through this dark, bleak path. We owe it to our Lord of the Fair Valley :)

My comment will be divided in three parts, as I would like to address various problematics.

Firstly, I want to leave my personal comment on Witch-king's (the user) proposal:

Your general intent is actually quite bold, I recognise that and commend you for the noble proposition of imagining another role for Elrond. However, I say in all honesty, I deem your concept the least convincing and most defect-ridden one, out of all the others that have been showcased to the present day. The reason is simple: it's all a step backward, way backward, to past 3.8.1 logics. Namely, the removal of his water-horse spell I consider a serious loss for his design, given the originality of the feature (scaling of magic); furthermore, the level-1 experience-lending ability will just be doomed to become utterly useless soon after the start of the game, and the introduction of a mere, sheer healing ability just sounds sloppy (how many healing devices can the faction count on already?). Due to the mentioned reasons, I will, gently and respectfully, ignore your suggestions in the following passages. I just cannot figure out how I would be to include any of the afore-indicated conclusions.

Secondly, I feel like remarking some conceptual points of great note; in other words, the pillars sustaining the proposal.

One thing I can't fathom is how we, everyone of us, ended up spiralling in vortex around the idea of a mass-slayer hero, thus obsessing about it in an unhealthy manner. In truth, my and Tiberius' concept doesn't add any mass-slaying ability whatsoever, or strengthen this trait of Elrond even more. We felt that, by removing Restoration, his role would be much clearer and defined, alongside portraying Vilya in a lore-accurate way (therefore 'liberating' the Ring from its connection with the tornado). There's no will, from our part, to turn the hero in an implacable killing machine and our ideas will certainly not take such path. Nonetheless, I'm afraid I have to point it out firmly, affirming so lightly that Elrond has never been a mass-slayer or is not meant to be one, is categorically and factually wrong. We have a precise statement from Lord of Mordor on the issue:

Elrond is meant to be Rivendell's AoE hero, and with three abilities to that effect (flood horses, his passive AoE damage later and Vilya) I'd say hes conceptually well positioned for the role. Of course, if his abilities are too weak they can be easily buffed, but I don't think more fundamental hero reworks are necessary here.

Of course, the comment goes on and adds that no further change is needed, in his opinion. That was more than two years ago, though, and the unexpected has happened in the meantime. For instance, Galadriel was given a great restoring ability based on ROTK, which is a true kind of full restoration, and my Nenya concept was eventually accepted, functioning the Ring according to its own particular lore. I'm therefore convinced that the approaching 4.5 era paves the way for a final completion of said changes: canonical and fitting Three Rings.

As for invincibility and restoration, being the two most recurrent themes we have discussed, I reiterate my position, not because I'll necessarily stick to my own, but these two are quite preponderant arguments, which I'm not ready to renounce.

• Invincibility by itself is unique, I daresay. There is no equivalent in the vanilla (if I recall) and Nenya used to be a pre-eminent feature of the game, too. The fact that the ability was superseded by the current rendition was due to it not being suitable to the Lady of Light (as an offensive tool that would permit to breach through enemy armies and forts), and not because of its intrinsic uniqueness (or lack of it, as some have purported). The effect is per se the most powerful of the Mod (the ultimate defence), and, as others have acknowledged, does fit Vilya a good deal (a shield against any malevolent will or power). The only way in which the base would be secure and sound, kept unsullied from decay. Other alternatives we have not found, nor have the most relevant critiques of the concept found any either. By the way, the Ring of Air would not be a copy of Angmar's spell: the Iron Crown's spell does not influence heroes and units.
  • On the other hand, I don't view restoration so unique a feature, as some have depicted it. It comes straight out from the vanilla (the current ability is actually a watered-down version) and it's present in three different factions! Galadriel's version is implemented far more coherently (it restores health) and is bound by defined limits.

On top of all, our points regarding the Three Rings surmount everything else. As said, it's the thread underlying all their three concepts. Some of the responses did concede this PARAMOUNT argument, although the relative corrections that were then suggested sometimes went in the opposite direction. Nevertheless, I don't think that staying loyal to such premise equals to a partisan-like retrenchment behind one's safe position. It's quite easy to put it into words: if we do without the Three Rings pillar, the whole construction falls apart.

Now that we are done with the pars destruens, I will deal with the pars construens. That is, after having de-constructed the holistic structure of the concept, I'm about to move forward and propose a constructive solution (viable, hopefully). It's a two-option solution, as we have envisaged until now:

1. Merging our proposals together, retaining the best and acceptable of each possibility. Do be wary, though, that the following is to grant Elrond five (potential) different characterisations/roles, turning him into an Elven deity...

Zitat
ELROND

Level 1: Rage of the Loudwater - Elrond raises the waters of the Bruinen in defence of his people, summoning a powerful flood in the form of a mighty horse to crush enemies in the target area. At levels 3, 5, 7, and 10, an additional flood horse appears (maximum 5). Left click to activate.

Level 3: Ancient Equipment - Elrond draws his old sword Hadhafang and puts on his battle armour. Elrond permanently gains +25% armour and inflicts area-of-effect damage. Units in his vicinity also gain +25% armour.
Elrond mounts or dismounts his horse. (Passive and active ability)

Level 5: Restoration - Elrond uses his healing magic to refresh allied heroes, instantly recharging their ability timers. Does not affect Elrond. Left click icon then left click on target area.

Level 7: Wuthering Gale - Elrond summons a raging whirlwind around himself which will heavily damage surrounding enemy units, knocking them down and drawing them towards Elrond. Left click to activate.

Level 10: Vilya's Blessing - Vilya shields Rivendell from decay and evil. All buildings, heroes and units within your base are blessed with invincibility for a long duration.

2. If people are fine with having Restoration gone, the healing theme (dear to many) might be re-introduced as an additional side of Vilya. For example, lowering heroes' cooldown. This would subsequently increase the Ring's range and beneficial prowess, torpedoing all those concerned about balance.

Any other suggestion is more than welcome. Particularly, resolving Vilya and its in-game display will be the key-issue, I presume. Given the lack of better alternatives, that live up to the ultimate, prime stature of this ruling Ring, I shall rest with my opinion (for now).
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Jan 2019, 21:40 von Walküre »

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #310 am: 2. Feb 2019, 15:24 »
You go too far, my friends. (half-quote)  [ugly] [ugly]
I'm actually sad that great Edainers like Oak and Julio lost their passion about this discussion. I would warmly invite them to come back and don't take the discussion too personally. Also i advice Tiberius to be a bit more patience about others proposal: sometime the flash of inspiration does not come immediatly,especially in a difficult situation like this one. it is useless to keep on doing the same question  :P :P
I have some ideas and i want to discuss them with you. As always i'm open to any correction and/or suggestion:

What do you guys think? What will you change, modify or even throw away about my idea? :D
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Feb 2019, 16:05 von AulëTheSmith »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #311 am: 2. Feb 2019, 18:56 »
I'm glad you've joined our vast, wide-ranging conversation as well, Aulë :)

With your permission and well-inclined spirit, I fear I have to dismiss your concept, which I nonetheless find a lot imaginative, and move to another direction further. There have been some significant developments, lately. I was in a sort of 'exploration mood', and after a dense discussion (brain-storming) with Julio and Oak on Discord, I think we might be very close to a decent result, that would take all our thoughts and concerns into careful consideration.

(Note aside: it's true that I and Tiberius had pondered about the possibility of passive effects for Vilya, but we have ultimately scrapped every akin plan, since the inherent potential of such tool would have been halved; of even greater importance, we absolutely want to get rid of any thematic relation with air-natured logics/mechanics, in the same way as Nenya is not strictly tied to water. That's an imperative path we have set ourselves on.)

I hope you'll see the reason behind my final decision ;)

Hence, I would like to re-formulate (modify) the concept as follows:

Zitat
ELROND

Level 1: Rage of the Loudwater - Elrond raises the waters of the Bruinen in defence of his people, summoning a powerful flood in the form of a mighty horse to crush enemies in the target area. At levels 3, 5, 7, and 10, an additional flood horse appears (maximum 5). Left click to activate.

Level 3: Ancient Equipment - Elrond draws his old sword Hadhafang and puts on his battle armour. Elrond permanently gains +25% armour and inflicts area-of-effect damage. Units in his vicinity also gain +25% armour.
Elrond mounts or dismounts his horse. (Passive and active ability)

Level 5: Restoration - Elrond uses his healing magic to refresh allied heroes, instantly recharging their ability timers. Does not affect Elrond. Left click icon then left click on target area.

Level 7: Wuthering Gale - Elrond summons a raging whirlwind around himself which will heavily damage surrounding enemy units, knocking them down and drawing them towards Elrond. Left click to activate.

Level 10: Vilya's Blessing - Vilya shields Middle-earth from decay and woe. All buildings, heroes and units within allied bases receive -100% damage (any type) for a long duration (45 seconds).

These are the main arguments at the kernel of this proposal:

1. For the jubilation of many, we shall retain restoration as it is now. That is, refreshing heroic abilities in a radius. So, we save the healing aspect of his characterisation, which some did not want to see gone and which I cannot incorporate into the Ring of Air (without messing things up).

2. Keeping his water-horses intact is functional for his underlying, apparent mass-slayer role. The same is true in respect to his level-3 leadership (now combined with the mount); we therefore spared a precious slot!

3. Let us talk about Vilya: as you may have noticed, it no longer grants invincibility. While I mourn the loss of so incredible a rendition, I made sure to explore our utmost preservation theme in another manner. In other words, I think that relieving buildings, troops and heroes from damage (all natures), grief and pain, is equally fitting for the scope. In force of this latest modification, additionally, the Ring shall also provide a magical shield to all your allies (their respective bases). This is meant to increase the own capacity of Vilya in terms of sheer power, when compared to Nenya, and reference another major piece of the canons:

Zitat
In fact, I remember having read this from an accurate lore source, the Three Rings (thanks to their combined influence) also ensured that there was a minimum amount of order in a troubled Middle-earth, even though their beautifying aura did not leave visible traces in non-Elven territories. For want of better words, beside from preserving immortal places, they had maintained an adequate level of equilibrium in a world growing chill and disenchanted, so that magic could still prosper (in some defined areas) and the earth was not left to its wistful destiny.

In order to summarise it better:
- Vilya will be overall stronger than Nenya.
- The Ring is still centred on bases only.
- Our decay/preservation argument is dealt with differently, but still effectively.
- Vilya, unlike Angmar's fell blizzards and snow, is going to affect all allied bases, and also units and heroes.
- It works for all forces of the Good; otherwise, limiting its range would probably have seemed quite egotistical and not altruistic (not really typical of Elrond).
- It stays as an exclusively-supportive feature, now more flexible and game-determining.
- Values are justified for its status as a final ability. I consider the '100 milestone' as a psychological threshold we should not cross (downward).
- It still lasts more than the Ring of Water.

NOTE: Someone might rightly argue that such rendition is too much similar to Círdan's ultimate ability, which grants a global armour boost to buildings and siege machines. Then, in order to resolve any possible (unpleasant) repetition, I decided to modify his final skill a little bit. Don't forget that his first ability should already be changed (as suggested in my Narya proposal); furthermore, Círdan is also able to repair buildings. Thirdly, I have already suggested the team rename his last ability as 'Tutelage of Ossë'.
So, given the mentioned premises, his ultimate ability has a new effect, reflecting the tumultuous, turbulent temperament of the storm-Maia:

Zitat
Level 10: Tutelage of Ossë - Thanks to the ancestral teachings of Ossë, Círdan grants all ships and siege weapons across the map +30% armour, +20% attack and +15% speed for a duration.

I feel it's the best compromise we could hope for. Feel free to give your feedback :)
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Feb 2019, 20:41 von Walküre »

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #312 am: 2. Feb 2019, 19:23 »
I've lost passion as well.

Currently there are three groups of person:
1) Bounded by Edain roles that respect Elrond's mass slayer role, that's why they want to remove current restoration, and additionaly want to make him and Vilya more important.
2) Others who want Elrond from 3.8.1 (basically hero supporter plus some mix abilities) which would mean completely change his role and eventually change roles in the whole faction.
3) And people who think that there can be some changes but restoration must stay and Vilya's invincibility is strong.

Problem is that we're discussing roles in Edain, in general, and not Elrond as a one hero. We didn't think with Walkure that debate will take this direction. :P

You know, for us, current restoration doesn't seem interesting because it's without healing effect, in only refreshes. And mainly - it's pure hero support ability.
We wanted to keep three mass slayer abilities and add one general ultimate ability that would highlight Elrond's importance. Nothing more. Just slight rework to finish his overall rework which we started somewhere in 2015. 

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #313 am: 2. Feb 2019, 20:38 »
We wanted to keep three mass slayer abilities and add one general ultimate ability that would highlight Elrond's importance. Nothing more. Just slight rework to finish his overall rework which we started somewhere in 2015.

You could not have recapitulated our situation better :D

True, we didn't expect such turn and twist. Nevertheless, I think our last iteration keeps the main points together, in order to satisfy the majority's needs. We just had to find a common ground and still remain loyal to the pillars sustaining the concept: focus on his mass-slayer nature, retaining Restoration and reworking Vilya lore-accurately.

To the people who fancy Elrond's past 3.8.1 design, I say this: I'm sorry, but I won't proceed in that direction. We won't take that path. I strongly believe that experience-lending features, sheer healing or mobile tornadoes would just turn the clock back, resembling outdated solutions which could not simply fare well in Edain 4.5.
« Letzte Änderung: 3. Feb 2019, 02:04 von Walküre »

Fellowship

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "I Aear cân ven na mar - The Sea calls us home"
« Antwort #314 am: 2. Feb 2019, 21:40 »
All the proposals that were suggested here are well-thought and fitting, yet I must say the last one you created with cooperation is the best of all. The skillset, that you ended up with, totally unlocks Elrond's true power, which I believe was the main goal of this thread. Really nice job!

I completely agree with combining his Ancient Equipment and his Mount, thus making it even more unique and leaving space for another ability. If you are to proceed with this idea, how about changing the icon of the Ancient Equipment with this image:

In this picture Elrond is wearing his armor while mounting his horse as well, thus showing the passive and the active effect of the newly combined ability. What do you think about this my friends?