3. Jun 2024, 15:50 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should Iron Hills or Ered Luin get new and unique Outpost!?

Iron Hills should get the new Assembly Halls!
35 (58.3%)
Ered Luin should get the new Assembly Halls!
8 (13.3%)
No they should remain as they are with Lake-Town!
17 (28.3%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 54

Autor Thema: New and Different Outpost Building for Ered Luin/Iron Hills  (Gelesen 76874 mal)

CragLord

• Gast
Re: New and Different Outpost Building for Ered Luin/Iron Hills
« Antwort #90 am: 8. Aug 2015, 22:57 »
Tienety, new idea about look of assambly hall. Maybe we could use  model of current Dwarven fortress from vanila:
Of course, there should be few modification.
First all towers from main building should be removed (except one, as you propose in general idea, one shooting tower from start, and this will make outpost  more expensive than others dwarven outpost expansions)
Second, inner hole in building structure will be  filled, so fresh builded outpost should be something like this:

What do you think about this? :) xD

« Letzte Änderung: 9. Aug 2015, 00:05 von CragLord »

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #91 am: 8. Aug 2015, 23:10 »
I don't think that assembly hall shoul be an outpost, why dwarves would want to meet in the middle of... nothing? Better option for this hall, would be to make it as new building available in fortress.
And, for outpost, some kind of mercenary camp. I'd like to remind, that dwarves are still lack of cavalary! It shoul be implemented as some human mercenaries. ;)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #92 am: 8. Aug 2015, 23:14 »
Have you read disscussion from start or you read only my last comment?

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #93 am: 8. Aug 2015, 23:15 »
Only few posts, selectively. For now.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #94 am: 8. Aug 2015, 23:20 »
Always try to read whole disscusion before you even suggest something.
Anyway, calvary problem is not something which outpost should fix, simply because we already have 2 outposts without calvary (Dale/Lake Town).

For this I really don't have comment.

No sense in my opinion, trying to find proof in Lore, no success.
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:58 von CragLord »

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #95 am: 8. Aug 2015, 23:45 »
But it's true. Council of 7 clans has it's place in Ered Luin Dwarves headquaters propably. Why they could want to meet outside their fortresses, that's not economic and dangerous, at councils like that, members usually are most important peoples. They wouldn't want put themselves in danger, and meet in outpost.

Erebor and Dale was rich enough to hire mecenaries to fight with Easterlings, it's logical. (of course they have own armies as well).
Little wars in worlds like Middle-Earth, never stops, so don't tell me, that they wasn't fight in time between Last Alliance war and arrival od Smaug. ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #96 am: 8. Aug 2015, 23:59 »

Erebor and Dale was rich enough to hire mecenaries to fight with Easterlings, it's logical. (of course they have own armies as well).
Little wars in worlds like Middle-Earth, never stops, so don't tell me, that they wasn't fight in time between Last Alliance war and arrival od Smaug. ;)

And so were rich enough to hire mercenaries also Gondor, Lothlórien, Rivendell, Lindon and other realms/regions  :)
I think this is an extreme type of speculating, not conceptual at all.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #97 am: 9. Aug 2015, 00:00 »
Ered Luin Dwarves headquaters? Do you know that Ered Luin are ruins in practical meaning of that word (Rebuilded ruins to be presise). Anyway, this is true. They won't be outside fortress, we propose some kind of fortress just like outpost building. They won't be in danger, they are important, and this fortress will be nicely deffended and strong builded.
One question for you: Do you undestand main idea? Or you simply try to explain us that this suggestion is bad because of "SECURITY" reasons? Do you see anything else in this idea?
Proof? Proof from LORE we need for basic of this idea. This is not logical at all. Eastelings and dwarves were in great war and bloody fights in  time of "War of the Ring". That segment of time is important simply, that segment of time is basic for this Game in general. Ask any game creator and let's see what answer you will get about time/lore aspects. :)
P.S. Any familiar story about Eastelings attack on Erebor??? Battle of Dale ?
And you really think that dwarves will give their gold for Eastling  mecenaries?
There is idea about calvary, and it is proposed many times in form of ram riders. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Aug 2015, 00:10 von CragLord »

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #98 am: 9. Aug 2015, 00:26 »
Yes! Heads of dwarves clans just loves the idea of meeting in small fortress on suburbia, while bigger and better protected stronghold is near. :x

Yes, during War of the Ring they were in GREAT war with themselves. But little war on borders never stopped.

So don't tell me about siege of Erebor or Dale or Esgaroth.

And there was propably more cities and villages, to take mercenaries from.
I hope, that you don't think that at south and east of this three settlments, Tolkien's world was just empty? :P

And remember that Dale was known mostly of it's trade. If you think, that was only trade between Erebor, Dale, Elven kingdom of Mirkwood and Esgaroth, your'e wrong. There's has to be more settlements!  xD

Edit.

Oh, and if we are strictly into LotR games, there was siege od Erebor in original battle for middle earth campaing. It was during WotR, but still. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Aug 2015, 00:32 von Linhir »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #99 am: 9. Aug 2015, 01:12 »
Simply continue if you wish, really don't have intention to say any more word about this. After all, I am not main creator of this idea.
... Are you trolling me? I am not kidding.
And really, what did I tell you about Dale or Esgaroth or Erebor?
I just wrote Lore facts about why I think you preposition is bad and anti logical!
Are you telling us that your idea about  mercenaries is based on this? And you find "security" reasons like main obstacle in this idea for IRON HILLS outpost building... No comment.
P.S. Maybe this human mercenaries could have Harradrim horse riders model.  [ugly][uglybunti]
What indicate that I think Dale is only trade center? When did I write this? And please don't presume what I think.
Settlements? That problem is not part of this topic! This is topic about main Outpost, what about settlements?Start new topic about number of avaliable settlements...
Give preposition/reasons/lore, or without that idea means nothing.

I was thinking about Edain Team not EA. :) Simply team reaspects Lore above almost everyting. If you don't trust me PM them.
And yes, we are speaking here about WotR timeline.
That is Lore fact, pal. You need something similar from Lore so you can properly defend your idea. I simply can't find anything in Lore about your idea, because of that I think it is bad.
P.S. Again, I think you simply didn't try to read carefully topic from start and you simply don't have intention to understand idea. That is my opinion. Anyway, have you complete idea about new Outpost you propose? Look of Outpost, expansions, properties, and above all lore facts about your preposition. You express your opinion about our idea, can you be detailed with your idea so we can give you some proper feedback? I really don't have intention to read some elementary ideas and write huge texts like answers on them.
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:58 von CragLord »

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #100 am: 9. Aug 2015, 02:03 »
And i think, you din't read my posts with understanding. Have nothing more to talk about with you, end of topic. ;)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #101 am: 9. Aug 2015, 02:05 »
End of our little discussion, not end of topic.  8-)  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:57 von CragLord »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #102 am: 9. Aug 2015, 02:19 »
chill guys CragLord and  Linhir watch your blood pressure guys

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #103 am: 9. Aug 2015, 02:24 »
This one was good, I admit. :D :D :D
P.S. Systolic/Diastolic Blood Pressure = 122/ 76 checked now.  :D  :D  :D
This values are pretty normal. (gramma has device) This comment was nice refreshment, Gray. Now we stick to topic.  :P xD
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:56 von CragLord »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #104 am: 9. Aug 2015, 04:36 »
chill guys CragLord and  Linhir watch your blood pressure guys
This one was good, I admit. :D :D :D
P.S. Systolic/Diastolic Blood Pressure = 122/ 76 checked now.  :D  :D  :D
This values are pretty normal. (gramma has device) This comment was nice refreshment, Gray. Now we stick to topic.  :P xD
im glad you like it ;), and yes lets stay on topic xD