19. Mär 2024, 10:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Bilbo, oh Bilbo - What happens to you?  (Gelesen 17990 mal)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Re: Bilbo, oh Bilbo - What happens to you?
« Antwort #45 am: 27. Jan 2017, 20:28 »
I also really like this last proposal, sounds more fitting than any of the previous ones. I just have some doubts about Deep Conversation, because I don't think a Noldor veteran hero should have some major bonus by speaking with a old Hobbit  :D
Other than this, great work^^

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Es gibt nichts Praktischeres als eine gute Theorie
« Antwort #46 am: 1. Feb 2017, 14:49 »
Hm. Yes, it does seem to be a rather neet idea connecting Bilbo with the resting place. Maybe one could further discuss the proposed abilities, but I do like the idea at the heart of this very much. I may write more later.

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dank an CMG für das Banner und den Avatar!

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #47 am: 5. Feb 2017, 10:24 »
Hi people ! Great ideas (NetoD20, DrHouse93,  Bilbo Backings) But the truth is somewhere in the middle of your ideas .From himself would like to add the following: As Bilbo has already gone through one with the best adventures in Middle-earth, he can become a unique hero!. Firstly I have about this topic inspiring quote from the movie when Galadriel asks Gandalf why he chose to which he replied: "Probably because I am afraid and he gives me strength Saruman believes that only the great and the strong can resist evil, but I'm sure. small good set of good works of ordinary people can stop the evil. " I kazhetsa this phrase describes very well the role of Bilbo. Bilbo at all unique hero with unique rolyu, its main advantages is stealth (very quietly can peredvigatsya) vezuchist (fate clearly favors hobbit) surprise (nihto of strong Middle-earth does not expect that they will prtivostoyat hobbit that provides odds for the most hobbit) and extraordinary hrabrast (Malenko as he has a strong character that courage dokazoval protezhenii on the trip). I must be the hero Bilbo support, and excellent yields could simbeoz ideas (NetoD20, DrHouse93,  Bilbo Backings). Bilbo vkoem case should not become a hero to support buildings, because then killed his desire for the latest adventure.

And yes! (DieWalküre, dkbluewizard) I agree with you that Erestor must explicitly get a boost. I think he should get the role of the army and the support of buildings!
Adding Bilbo and Erestora uniquely zdelaet Imladris even more interesting! and I hope that 4.5 or 4.6. we will add a lot of new impressions going and the joy of the game of Imladris !!!

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #48 am: 27. Jan 2019, 16:34 »
Speaking about bringing olden topics back to life, there seems to be another major dilemma which has long been keeping the Edain Community awake at night. A spectre infesting the boards of Modding Union since 2015...

Zitat
What to do with Old Bilbo?

My respectable and long-time friend, Dr. House, had already put forward some interesting ideas out there.

Regardless of divergent opinions, I hope we can all agree that Rivendell is the only faction where our weather-beaten character could find solace and repose, while immersing himself in his wide-ranging studies. That's why, as concurred pretty much all attendees of this discussion, supportive abilities would be very desirable. I mean, the poor, declining Bilbo should stay inside the fortress as an obligated choice; conceptually, it would also be wrong to portray him as the ultimate source of knowledge in Imladris, given that every inhabitant of the Fair Valley can pride themselves with the title of lore-master (the library exists for a reason). So, I believe Bilbo's presence might cheer the atmosphere up and thereby providing economy with an adequate bonus. Or other kinds of bonuses, complying with the arguments illustrated.

His hypothetical abilities, additionally, should too follow a stay-in-the-fortress logic. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to everyone's contribution :)

In force of the course of the very thread, I shall move the topic to the Imladris board.

--- MOVED ---

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #49 am: 28. Jan 2019, 00:49 »
Problem is that he doesn't fit into main base which is purely elvish. The same case is role - all hobbits in the game are scouts but he is old for such role. Unit support? Really? Old hobbit will support elves? Or structures support? Erestor is special feature for structures ... Then remains Hobbit farm? He lived in the warm hobbit hole not on the farm. And finally spellbook where he would lead young hobbits into the battle. It's not so peaceful for old hobbit...
I can imagine him only as a special feature in Rivendell map. Either recruitable or only visual/cosmetic.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #50 am: 28. Jan 2019, 14:27 »
I thought about 'internal' support, in the sense that he should be obliged to remain inside the base and assert his influence there. The problem is, though: what kind of support? Units and heroes are pretty much automatically excluded; economic support would be a nice idea, but here is a conflict with Erestor's current role. The only solution appears to be a simple structure feature (Bilbo is attached to the library, as one of its elements). He could just be shown reading and being fully drawn to his studies. A cosmetic touch, nothing major. Non-playable, of course.

Otherwise, that would quite be a waste of content. I think his model still holds some positive qualities, which would consequently embellish the faction a bit.

Bilbo Backings

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "Bombur slept on with a smile on his fat face"
« Antwort #51 am: 30. Jan 2019, 14:21 »
I might be a bit biased, but I still like my last proposal somewhat  :)

Tying Bilbo to the Resting Place would fit to the idea of him being bound to the fortress. From there he could be giving boni for the hobbit farms, which would make them more viable. I realize that it is not that plausible for Bilbo to enhance the knowledge and skills of noldorian warriors but for me it is not far fetched that he would be able to rally them. The Noldorians left in Rivendell have their eyes and minds in the times of the War of the Ring either on Sauron and his darkness or on Valinor. The presence of Bilbo in this trying times shows them that there are still simple and good things left in Middle Earth worth fighting for.

Him buffing the Resting Place would also fit well into Rivendell overall, since it is also known as the last homely house. I think it is fair to assume that Bilbo makes Rivendell even more likeable for other travellers and guests. I would really like Rivendell having mechanics around this aspect of its lore.
"Now is the time for our esteemed Mr. Baggins, who has proved himself a good companion on our long road, and a hobbit full of courage and resource far exceeding his size, and if I may say so possessed of good luck far exceeding the usual allowance--now is the time for him to perform the service for which he was included in our Company, now is the time for him to earn his Reward." Thorin Oakenshield - JRR. Tolkien: The Hobbit p. 246

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #52 am: 30. Jan 2019, 15:04 »
I'm in! xD

I can clearly see him there. :)

I'm not sure concerning bonuses which you suggested (there is still room for discussion), but visually should be definitely incluced there.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #53 am: 30. Jan 2019, 15:22 »
I second as well. That would be a nice aesthetic inclusion! ;)

I guess we can do without bonuses. After all, he's travelled to Rivendell to spend his last years of his long existence in serenity. Why would he necessarily have to do something? He can simply enjoy the Valley's perennial calmness and be absolutely fine :)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #54 am: 31. Jan 2019, 14:45 »
I agree with him just being a visual aspect of the resting place. I'm not sure if him having abilities would be that good for him at this stage of his life, so the aesthetic changes sounds good.

steadii

• Gast
« Antwort #55 am: 24. Dez 2020, 20:16 »
I agree that old Bilbo sitting in resting place would be nice addition.
He would even provide some bonus.

IgRAzm

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #56 am: 29. Dez 2021, 01:28 »
Wonderful thread :). Check it at last moment but it gave me an idea for my concept (partly based on another concept already). You can see it on German forum here (in English): https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,36860.0.html