19. Mär 2024, 12:44 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Elrond - Lord of Imladris  (Gelesen 106758 mal)

Tienety

• Gast
Re: Elven rings of power and man with golden armour
« Antwort #30 am: 16. Jul 2015, 10:44 »
I have a solution for Elrond's armors: :P
  • He can have armor from hobbit movie on level 1
  • He gets armor from Last Alliance or Guldur on level 5.
-
Elrond never fought without armor in book or movie. In addition, this is fit for Imladris style. Imladris units without heavy armor have silver color from hobbit movie and for heavy armor have gold color like in Last Aliance. :D

i think his lvl 10 ability should be the water horses for a mass kill ya know like in the books he summons the river ok gandalf did the one horse head but still elrond did the trick so there ya go lvl 10  ability

Yes, this would be probably better. Maybe mounted/dismounted on level 1 and Loud waters fury ability as more powerful spells on level 7 or Level 10.

It would be nice to have Elrond on horse like in hobbit movie.  (**)
It seems that originally it was your idea some time ago. :D
http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/images/elrond1

Yes, I like his horse. 8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Jul 2015, 11:03 von Tienety »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #31 am: 16. Jul 2015, 11:15 »

Elrond never fought without armor in book or movie. In addition, this is fit for Imladris style. Imladris units without heavy armor have silver color from hobbit movie and for heavy armor have gold color like in Last Aliance. :D

True, although I like his elven robe/'free time' outfit, I find it more suitable for banquets and parties, rather than battles  :P

Again I agree, since in the books/lore Elrond openly uses his powers (in a destructive way) to create a flood to save Frodo from the Ringwraiths, rather than using whirlwinds (because #OnlyGaladrielCan).
It has to be, though, a really powerful and giant flood  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Jul 2015, 11:35 von DieWalküre »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: 16. Jul 2015, 11:51 »
Ok, two models, starting with Hobbit light armor, at level 5 getting heavy armor from Last Alliance. First you propose set of abilities without Flood, now Flood is included in set? I am confused now.  :o  :D
Can someone  now describe whole set of abilities from level 1 to level 10?   :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:19 von CragLord »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: 16. Jul 2015, 13:04 »
It is mentioned in The Silmarillion that Celebrimbor had forged the Three in order to heal and to preserve, rather than to enhance the strengths of each individual bearer, unlike the seven and the nine.
Yes, and my proposal is about it. xD

I don't know, I think I basically disagree with your interpretion of the three rings, in the book the three ring is forged so that Noldor and other Elves from the west could remain living in the middle earth against the will of Valar, it is subtle and global influence. But it seems you would rather make them directly related to battle, which go directly against the lore. But I won't argue more on that anymore.

I really don't know why you are talking about Elven rings generally, that their implementation is bad etc. It isn't my interpretation, but it comes from Edain team and from previous versions. We have already stated that we really like effects of Narya and Nenya, because for game play their nature have brilliant implementation. This thread is primarily about Vilya which is offensive although rest of elven rings has defensive potential and also that current Vilya effect doesn't fit there.

he himself is the greatest healer of middle earth. And deleting his final tornado power just for a "mounted/dismounted" toggle? I do not like it one bit. 

Well, firstly you stated that Elrond is the greatest healer, and then that you like his tornado. And tornado comes from Vilya? You stated elven rings of power arent't for battle purpose. Of course that Elrond is greatest healer and his abilities are supported by ring of preservation. I think it fits perfectly and mainly it fits into the general ring concept.

Who will be the massive killer of Imladris then?

He is mass slayer? Really? :o
I always thought that he is strong hero supporter and secondarily unit supporter + ring hero. His abilities don't correspond with mass slayer role, such role have for instance Smaug as a big creature, Mollock as a terrible monster or Gandalf as a powerful wizard.

And I am pretty sure Elrond will fight along side Imladris heavy infantry 95% time on foot, that "mounted/dismounted" toggle is meaningless

Don't forget that Imladris will be the second "most cavalry faction" in the game. xD
And only two heroes there are able to ride a horse.

Almost all human and elves in Middle earth know how to ride a horse, that doesn't mean we need to give a mounted ability to everyone just to take a precious power slot unless it serves a tactical need.

Yes, but in Edain mod, all heroes, who are on horseback in the books and in the movies quite a long time, or at least twice, have such possibility.

Concerning idea of Tienety ... it would be second suggestion. :)

First proposal is:
1) Loud waters fury
Water blast in targeting area
3) Elrond's advice
Small amount of experience to hero
5) Armour of high elves
Passive ability - bonus effect for friendly units
7) Mount/dismount
Lord of Imladris is able to ride a horse
10) Vilya's restoration
Power of the elven ring heals nearby allies and refreshes ability timer of friendly heroes

First four levels Elrond has bathrobe. Since level 5 armour from the first Hobbit movie and on level ten his DG armour.

And second proposal:
1) Mount/dismount
Lord of Imladris is able to ride a horse
3) Elrond's advice
Small amount of experience to hero
5) Armour of high elves
Passive ability - bonus effect for friendly units
7) Loud waters fury
Water blast in targeting area (but stronger than previous one on first level)
10) Vilya's restoration
Power of the elven ring heals nearby allies and refreshes ability timer of friendly heroes

First four levels armour from the first Hobbit movie. Since level 5 armour from Dol Guldur. Overall he is without bathrobe! :o xD

Generally his last alliance armour should be for Arnor and he should be included in Last Alliance spell there. http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30925.0.html
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Jul 2015, 13:13 von TiberiusOgden »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #34 am: 16. Jul 2015, 13:10 »
what about that. beginning should be elrond with his gold robe https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/03/fd/83/03fd83eadc0761543360ca5f8b688f85.jpg or the one from lotr https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/53/52/0c/53520c6e951a44203e33db4c3418d74f.jpg and then you have to choose the armor you want to forge for him and the armors should have their own buffs whada ya think ???

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: 16. Jul 2015, 13:20 »
what about that. beginning should be elrond with his gold robe https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/03/fd/83/03fd83eadc0761543360ca5f8b688f85.jpg or the one from lotr https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/53/52/0c/53520c6e951a44203e33db4c3418d74f.jpg and then
Well, Elrond currently has brown bathrobe from vanilla game and from the Fellowship of the Ring.

I don't expect that Ea will create for him second bathrobe. He hasn't strength for DG armour and in addition second bathrobe is quite a lot. xD
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Jul 2015, 13:27 von TiberiusOgden »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: 16. Jul 2015, 14:01 »
TiberiusOgden, I respect you and other experienced members on this forum! :)
But I have to ask you next:
Have you consider to replace that ability "Elrond's advice" for some healing ability?
Does he need healing ability on lower levels for himself or for supporting other heroes?
And what is real benefit of  giving other heroes exp? (If ability gives exp to some elite units or units in general, but hero ??? I know that Elrond's advice would be nice from lore and movie aspect and unique in way you propose it, and I like it because it is unique in that way, but really what is benefit from it? Every hero can kill basic units and get exp, ofc weaker heroes won't attack strong or elite units, that is strategy of the game anyway...)

Btw I am for second proposal of skills set! :)
More power and less graphic design, despite I  also proposed some of that robes in comment earlier. (But there always can be fusion of good characteristics from both proposals.  :D I know, greedy I am , and Ea will judge any situation with new graphic characteristics  xD )

Really like this and also I am for many more changes in Arnor faction. (In next few days I will open new topics about Arnor and I expect you guys there! :). For now all I do is bug reporting  [uglybunti] , but I have a lot ideas for Arnor!  8-) )
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:18 von CragLord »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #37 am: 16. Jul 2015, 14:05 »

Very difficult to choose, they are both well balanced and interesting.

I would say that the first one is focused more on Elrond's graphical characteristics and innovation (with three different armours/robes), and defines better Elrond's role as commander/general.

The second one, on the other hand, lacks an outfit, but highlights better his magical and destructive powers, that are represented by his ability of creating a powerful flood (stronger than the actual on level 1).

I would say that I prefer the first one, since we would have a more graphically improved Elrond.
But I think that, apart from the differences between the two, the crucial point is finally giving Vilya a proper power and representation, as a tool that will heal and restore you and your allies, in the spirit of Elrond's solidarity towards all the Free People of Middle Earth; and both the two proposals are focused on this matter  :)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: 16. Jul 2015, 14:12 »
Does he need healing ability on lower levels for himself or for supporting other heroes?
You mean vanilla "athelas" - don't worry, the same effect of this spell has Arwen. And overall Imladris has and will have the most healing spells from the all of factions. It's characteristic.

And what is real benefit of  giving other heroes exp? (If ability gives exp to some elite units or units in general, but hero ??? I know that Elrond's advice would be nice from lore and movie aspect and unique in way you propose it, and I like it because it is unique in that way, but really what is benefit from it?
As you said :P - it's unique, lore accurate and mainly useful during the whole game (of course - mainly in the beginning).

Very difficult to choose, they are both well balanced and interesting.
It doesn't matter which one. Main point is Elrond's skillset. His potential new armour or "bathrobes" ... xD .. is second and additional thing.
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Jul 2015, 14:16 von TiberiusOgden »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: 16. Jul 2015, 14:53 »
That is exactly what I meant. I assumed about healing potencial in Imladris faction, anyway  played vanilla a lot and athelas stayed term which I will link always with Elrond. :)

Said I like it because of it. Anyway if unit leveling system in Imladris faction stays same like in 3.8.1, then this ability gains in importance and idea about unit leveling fails. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:17 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #40 am: 16. Jul 2015, 15:30 »
I think it will be better for Elrond to have his Hobbit Armor on LV 5 then on LV 10 hi BoFA Gold Armor as for his Last Alliance Armor to stay only to when he is in the Spellbook! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #41 am: 16. Jul 2015, 15:33 »
what about a second palantier healing skills and fighting skills ???

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #42 am: 16. Jul 2015, 16:20 »
what about a second palantier healing skills and fighting skills ???
Wouldnt so many Palantirs and Powers make him to OP !? :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #43 am: 16. Jul 2015, 16:28 »
I said I wouldn't agrue on the lore about the three ring anymore, I just want to mention the fact that the more power we associate with the three the more we violate the lore, that'all.

I don't like the name "restoration of Vilya" one bit, it is true all the three has the use of "healing and preservation", but Vilya has nothing particularly to do with healing, if it works for "restoration of Vilya" then we could also have "restoration of Nenya/Narya", if we have to associate power with Vilya, it should be something else. There are always speculations that Vilya could be used to control natural element to some extent, that's why I could accept the tornado power from the previous version to be related to Vilya. Maybe with more tactical use instead of purely destruction.

And I hold my point that the "mounted/dismounted" toggle will be a total waste for Erlond's power set, you claim that Imladris will be the second horse-related faction after Rohan, I don't know how many inside information you have from the team. Imladris already have two heroes to fight alongside the cavalry, it doesn't need a third one. And I am pretty sure Imladris will rely on the infantry just as most other faction, cavalry will always be a support force in battlefield. Elrond should always fight alongside the main force of Imladris, following his fighting style from original game. The same reason why we shouldn't give Boromir a horse.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #44 am: 16. Jul 2015, 16:41 »
I agree about that Elrond doesnt need a Mont!He is a Infantry Hero abd Support so I tihnk he doesnt need a steed! :)